Coach Triplett officially resigns at west

sider
All Conference

Re: Coach Triplett officially resigns at west

Post by sider »

UPNYA4 wrote:I would bet that Scott Bricker gets it.....early Favorite IMO. He is a Guy who would be around for as long as they let him. Plus, he would surround himself with a great staff.
I think Scott would be a good choice, as for his staff I sure it would be made up of plenty of West alum. I have heard from some pretty reliable sources that coaches Miller, Wheeler,M. Bricker, Pendleton, Lester and possibly another one or two could be gone...but considering West had 10-15 coaches on staff that would leave: A.Bricker, Bond, Ridout, Swords, Shaffer, Carver, and Shaffer on staff still, which would be plenty of coaches to get the job done...

The key thing to whoever gets is maintaining the weight program and discipline...If all of these coaches do that then they will at least win 6-8 games most years because we have the horses, but we need a coach to take us that next level...I think Shaffer is one of the most knowledgeable coaches I have ever spoke with, the man really knows what hes talking about, but the disadvantage with him would be how long would he be willing to put up with the wear and tear of the West job. Scott did a very nice job with the middle school and with the offense in 05-06 and is knowledgeable about football in his own right, and he will have the full support of the West fan base...If they hire him, the parents will get what they wanted, which might actually be good for West. Coach Swords has done a great job with the freshman/Jv over the years, hes relates to kids very well, he believes strongly in fundamentals and the weight program, proof of that can be seen at what his son Dale accomplished, hes also did a great job overseeing West's pee-wee program over the years.

Anyway, my common logic would that West will hire none of this guys and go with a teacher (Shaffer is retired), but if a Bricker is ever going to get a shot at West's head coaching spot, it will be now.

As far

Return to “Football”