Portsmouth West vs. Portsmouth

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Re: Portsmouth West vs. Portsmouth

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

Thanks guys, I hope West is 100% for the game, and what I have read here I think they are. I had heard that rumor and was just wondering, sorry I asked now because I think I just added to the confusion.

Go Bucks
Waterboy

Post by Go Bucks »

If west brings pressure up the middle look for Portsmouth to have a long game! Have not seen either team play this year, but really believe that if west has a decent run game, LOOKOUT!!! Trojans rush defense is usually always weak, and I don't see this changing. Any relatively good rushing team has put up great numbers against the trojans in the past few years. (West)-2010, (Burg)-09-10 and this goes for the whole schedule. Ironton, chilli, etc. West by 14

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

D_Journey9 wrote:
siderman wrote:As Fairland found out, Portsmouth has alot more to defend than just the power running game. This is the best passing team West has had since 1990. Speed all-over and a very good QB teamed with a line capable of protecting him. Fairland tried 10 in the box to start the game and West made them come out of that real quick.
Im a west fan and i was at the game friday....yea west won big but didnt look sharp....they have quite a few things to work out on Offense...and Fairland is a weak team....If west wants a perfect season they better start executing better....like not throwing blind passes like Levi did on his interception last week...look at where you are throwing and not worry bout the rush...trust your line...he dont start doin that... it will be deja vu for him...flashbacks from Highland game last year will pop up
I will agree that they didnt look as sharp as they could have throwing the ball early in the game but the blind pass you are talking about happen right in front of me it just needed a little more air under it and it would have went for a big gain if not a touchdown I will have to say that the defensive line has been very very impressive it looks like it is very hard to move the ball on the ground, when Conway Cooper returns it will even get better he is a beast. I have also been impressed with the platooning guys in and out one thing this team has is good depth at about every position. I think if they get good pressure on Jordan and cover good on the receivers it could be a long night for the Trojans but I look for it to be a good ballgame and lets hope everyone of these young men who play in this game leave in good health.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Fairland was the first game of the year. I thought they looked good considering. We've had some of our better teams really struggle with them and this year we dominated them except for 1 run. We will be fine and I think their gonna take it to portsmouth tonight. Other guy mentioned depth. Depth, especially on the line is a big plus for this team. They need to keep subbing like they have as it will pay dividends not only this year but next. Most of our JV line would start on half of our schedule. Keep using it.

Incognito
Varsity

Post by Incognito »

Ptown is weak upfront on both sides. No running game. No win. West takes it.

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

Great win for West tonight. That may have been one of the worst offciated games I have ever seen.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

Tell me what the officals did wrong?

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

OSU 77 wrote:Tell me what the officals did wrong?
take your pick, there was the blown call on the punt when the boy from portsmouth clipped the boy on punt coverage right in front of the ref but yet he managed to call the illegal procedure or how about when u had one offical throw a flag and signal facemask and then they call it a illegal chop block

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

noles_fan wrote:
take your pick, there was the blown call on the punt when the boy from portsmouth clipped the boy on punt coverage right in front of the ref but yet he managed to call the illegal procedure or how about when u had one offical throw a flag and signal facemask and then they call it a illegal chop block
http://ohsaa.org/officials/default.htm Sign up ! ;-)

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

The officiating was sorry to say the least. Several no calls against Portsmouth like the clips on the punts and the continual holding of our D ends right in front of officials. When Portsmouth got sacked on 4th and forever on their second to last drive he was gonna call West for facemask and give them a first till the others told him to wave off the flag and he did. The fumble in the first half, I don't know if he broke the plane or not, but it was a big play. But the obvious ones they missed, it sure looked fishy and they should be ashamed.

West played bad for alot of this game. Really looked lethargic at times. But they found a way. This team is really talented. I look for them to continue to grow as the season goes along. As we saw in the second half, Sommers needs to touch the ball more. And what can Auger do if he plays a whole game?

Portsmouth played well tonight. They really stacked the box on D and made West work. They did get alot of breaks like the fumble. All in all the size and strength of West was too much in the second half.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Was final score 26-13?

DaRecGuy
Freshman Team

Post by DaRecGuy »

Sommers had his coming out party last night, the talent has always been there but it looks as though he WANTS to use it now! Great Game #25

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

The fumble in the endzone that Whitley ran back was not a fumble it should have been a touchdown the ball came out after he crossed the goal line was one I seen it happened right in front of me.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Congratulations to the Senators on the win..........I'm proud of the way the Trojans battled in the game, and made West really work for the win........our defense played a very scrappy game..........I was very glad to see the conditioning level of the Trojans improve dramatically.

Don't have the official stats in front of me, but I believe that in 2 games Portsmouth has turned the ball over at least 8 times.........just cannot win no matter who you're playing when you're giving the ball to your opponent at that rate.

Keep your heads up, Trojans, hard work is the only way to turn this around.

GO TROJANS!!!

Go Bucks
Waterboy

Post by Go Bucks »

When you cannot run the ball, throw it DEEP lol. There wILL continue to be turnovers with this passing scheme.

wipala
Varsity

Post by wipala »

Tick---Tick---Tick---Tick---Tick

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

tock.... tock ....tock...tock

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

luvbigcats wrote:
The fumble in the endzone that Whitley ran back was not a fumble it should have been a touchdown the ball came out after he crossed the goal line was one I seen it happened right in front of me.

The ref said the ball did not cross the plain if that did happen the ref made the right call.

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

OSU 77 wrote:
luvbigcats wrote:

The ref said the ball did not cross the plain if that did happen the ref made the right call.
The point that is trying to make is that the refs shouldnt dictate the out come of the games. Let the boys play and the best team will always come out on top, everyone just wants to see everyone gets a fair shake

sportphotos
JV Team

Post by sportphotos »

I happened to get a photo of the questionable td/fumble. I wondered the same. No one has the ball mid air before plain broken. Look at it and see when I get all these photos done, should be tomorrow some time. Congratulations West Great Job!
Last edited by sportphotos on Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “Football”