Ironton 32 VS Wheelersburg 27

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: IRONTON 32 VS Wheelersburg 27 - 8/24 - FINAL

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

anyhoo, on to russell we go. very even game in my opion , both teams played in the same thing. and was a great atmosphere last night, enourmous crowd.
good luck to the fighting tigers and the wheelersburg pirates.

LucasJackson
Varsity

Post by LucasJackson »

On the cramps: I hear Burg complain about the cramps but what they should complain about was the fact that Irontons o line was physically whipping their d line. On the last scoring drive Ironton rammed it down the Pirates throat!

On the "end of the series" rumor or should I say wishes...
Last night was easily a $25,000 gate. No AD is going to turn that down every two years.
Wheelers burg's state championship baseball team would have to play 60 home baseball games a year to generate that kind of revenue. One Ironton game played in Wheelersburg every other year generates as much income as an entire home basketball schedule. Shall Icontinue? Or do you get my point?
Burg can go 7-3 with their schedule and make the playoffs. Their ADwill sacrifice a loss every year to generate $25,000 + every other year. This series lives on folks. As it should.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

If you get a cramp and can run 20yds towards the sideline, but fall 2 feet short and cause a time out.......

Great game by both teams. I dont think either Oline had that much dominance in the game. I think I read the total yards were 390 Burg and 260 Ironton. Lewis and Miler kept their respective teams in this game by getting the majority of the big plays.

^ You are correct Dino, I cant see this game ending anytime soon. Irontons numbers are getting smaller and smaller and the games will become more competitive in the W/L column in a few years.

nice guy
Varsity

Post by nice guy »

This must have been a great game.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

it was , and as far as their enrollment numbers they are virtually the same. the outcome was not known till the final gun. two very evenly matched programs, and as dino said the crowd was enourmous. i can't imagine the money just made on drinks last night.

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

How many flags did Ironton receive for illegal cramping?Didn't know it was an infraction

OST
Freshman Team

Post by OST »

ItownHosscat wrote:How many flags did Ironton receive for illegal cramping?Didn't know it was an infraction
Did they really throw that into the rule books? These are high school kids not the New York Giants.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

what about the burg's special team that fell asleep on the opening kickoff, or the ends and corners that got sucked in on patrick lewis' long run.or the busted pass coverage by the burg that left an ironton reciever 30 yards wide honking open.and if you are talking about the fumble on the ironton sideline. he had poss. and clearly made a football move.these games are getting closer and closer, because the enrollment, and talent pool is virtually the same size.just good ole hardnosed football in my book. i think ironton beat a fine burg team, and had to hold on to do that.but it's not like burg did not have it's chances.trust me you'll see a lot of wins for these 2 programs.

you don't hear ironton fans coplaining about not covering the underneath passes well, or being fooled by the qb's quality play action skills.

Gus
Freshman Team

Post by Gus »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:what about the burg's special team that fell asleep on the opening kickoff, or the ends and corners that got sucked in on patrick lewis' long run.or the busted pass coverage by the burg that left an ironton reciever 30 yards wide honking open.and if you are talking about the fumble on the ironton sideline. he had poss. and clearly made a football move.these games are getting closer and closer, because the enrollment, and talent pool is virtually the same size.just good ole hardnosed football in my book. i think ironton beat a fine burg team, and had to hold on to do that.but it's not like burg did not have it's chances.trust me you'll see a lot of wins for these 2 programs.

you don't hear ironton fans coplaining about not covering the underneath passes well, or being fooled by the qb's quality play action skills.
Well Spoken there Bait!!!!!!! :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:
what ??

are you hearing wheelersburg fans complaining about their teams lack of skills or abilities...... or what?

SPAMONY
Varsity

Post by SPAMONY »

tigercannon71 wrote:So Burg fans are complaining about a fat out of shape Tiger team beating the Pirates friday night. Hmmmmm if thats the case doesnt say much about the Burg team does it?

Listen Ironton posters are on here every year bragging about how hard they are working over the summer with their strength and conditioning. Right? So it's pretty funny when not one I mean ZERO Burg players laid down on the field with cramps. But these STRONG and CONDITIONED Ironton players did it no less than 15 times in the game. It is a tactic employed by Ironton every year and everyone knows it.

Gus
Freshman Team

Post by Gus »

SPAMONY wrote:
tigercannon71 wrote:So Burg fans are complaining about a fat out of shape Tiger team beating the Pirates friday night. Hmmmmm if thats the case doesnt say much about the Burg team does it?

Listen Ironton posters are on here every year bragging about how hard they are working over the summer with their strength and conditioning. Right? So it's pretty funny when not one I mean ZERO Burg players laid down on the field with cramps. But these STRONG and CONDITIONED Ironton players did it no less than 15 times in the game. It is a tactic employed by Ironton every year and everyone knows it.
I really don't know why they cramp up. I really don't think they would fake a injury. But I am sure the Burg thinks they do. maybe the Burg needs to cramp up some if that is the winning strategy. Good Luck Pirates, and hopefully the Burg fans are done crying now.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Cramping isnt so much a conditioning problem as it is a HYDRATION problem.

A conditioning problem would be hard to fix going into week 2. A Hydration problem is a simple fix. The players need to drink more water during the week and not try to hydrate 30 minutes before the game starts. If they pound water all week, even when they are not thirsty, the cramping will go away.

The old saying is "once you are thirsty it is too late!".

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

i'm not trying to cause any grief at all, i didn't see a replay, it did happen virtually right in front of us. i thought he had possession, and took at least 1 step. but that's real time, live action. i'm not complaining or boasting, i've had them cramps. it possibly may have been a brand new turf. and ironton on grass all summer.or basically dirt. something is wrong with the hydration process. but then again i don't know why they strictly use water, with coke as a sponsor, and the availability to use powerade.i used to get all tore up. but i don't anymore. i go for the entertainment, seeing ole friends. and because i love football, but the need to call 15-18 year old kids basically lard a----, is a bit much.it was a fine game indeed.and i hope the series continues for years, cause next year i'm pretty sure we'll be d5 as well. this game needs to be played

86Tiger
JV Team

Post by 86Tiger »

[quote="SPAMONY"][quote="tigercannon71"]So Burg fans are complaining about a fat out of shape Tiger team beating the Pirates friday night. Hmmmmm if thats the case doesnt say much about the Burg team does it?[/quote]

Listen Ironton posters are on here every year bragging about how hard they are working over the summer with their strength and conditioning. Right? So it's pretty funny when not one I mean ZERO Burg players laid down on the field with cramps. But these STRONG and CONDITIONED Ironton players did it no less than 15 times in the game. It is a tactic employed by Ironton every year and everyone knows it.[/quote]

Oh yea real good strategy!!!!! ha ha ha ha You people amaze me

Good observation tigercannon71

86Tiger
JV Team

Post by 86Tiger »

[quote="callie11"]No name calling[/quote]

REALLY!!!? you are the one who called our boys LARD BUTTED!!!!!

86Tiger
JV Team

Post by 86Tiger »

[quote="BlindWhiteHat"]Maybe the OHSAA can make a new rule in which all injured players must get themselves to the sidelines before getting medical attention so fans are not inconvenienced by being forced to watch an injured player be cared for on the field. Any injured players who cannot leave the field under their own power will be ejected and suspended for one week.

While they're at it, maybe the OHSAA can also make a rule about players getting sick and puking on the field. I find it rude and inconvenient when a player plays so hard that he makes himself throw up. Then that player has the nerve to puke right there on the field in front of all those people without getting to the sidelines first. So rude.[/quote]

Too funny.... I honestly believe that is what some of these people think. The game is about the kids not the fans in the stands. So what if you all are inconvenienced!

LucasJackson
Varsity

Post by LucasJackson »

So Ironton is weak and out of shape... And still had an 18 play drive that went straight down Burg's throat?

Ironton is weak and unconditioned and still beat a team that was honoring their long time coach, opening up their multiple million dollar facility and playing at home.. Man are those grapes sour.

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

Dinocrocetti wrote:
still beat a team that was honoring their long time coach,
lol.... you've been listening to too many made up commish ross speeches.

friday night was the first that i (and dozens of other people) had heard of the upgraded facilities being in honor of a long time coach. i have had several people tell me that when they donated money for the rennovations, they thought it was to improve the facilities for the kids and school and community.... not to honor anybody in particular. some were quite perturbed when they heard ross say that the nice upgrading project was a "fine tribute to the coach".

i did think that the large mural of the coach located on the back of the home bleachers and apparently donated by the coaches son-in-law was a nice touch, though.

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

Dinocrocetti wrote:So Ironton is weak and out of shape... And still had an 18 play drive that went straight down Burg's throat?
lol.... another funny.

wheelersburg's QB alone had more yards rushing and passing than ironton's entire team. talk about shoving it down some body's throat. :lol:

and btw... i didn't hear anybody say they were weak but you can't deny that everybody (unbiased people) that saw the game said they appeared to be woefully out of shape with their helmets off and bending at the waist with their hands on their hips during time-outs...... go back and read the posts.

Return to “Football”