Week 6 (1-4)Waverly@ (5-0)Valley

usctrojans1
Freshman Team

Re: Week 6 (1-4)Waverly@ (5-0)Valley

Post by usctrojans1 »

Waverly will compete in the soc, we have been blownout by 2 outstanding teams. Valley is a good team but I don't think they are on the same level as athens or western brown.

SPAMONY
Varsity

Post by SPAMONY »

I dont think either of those team are outstanding. i say weak given the size of school similar to jackson. IMO we all know what happened at Burg last week

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

usctrojans1 wrote:Waverly will compete in the soc, we have been blownout by 2 outstanding teams. Valley is a good team but I don't think they are on the same level as athens or western brown.
Waverly didnt even began to compete with athens or western brown Valley will hang close to the same score as those two games on Waverly....

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

usctrojans1 wrote:Waverly will compete in the soc, we have been blownout by 2 outstanding teams. Valley is a good team but I don't think they are on the same level as athens or western brown.
This might mean something if Waverly competed in these game but they didnt even come close to competing. The only game they competed in that was a close loss was to Piketon team who hasnt beat anyone with any weight yet.

Valley 44
Waverly 12
If we pull our starters (which i hope we dont, we need the extra practice and conditioning to prepare for future games)

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

TheManWithThePlan wrote:Waverly by 20+, they have trevon and amine Gilbert. they will win.
:aaaaa24 This is funny. I honestly thought Waverly would be further along this year than they are. Thought they would be much improved from a year ago, but i cant see it. Looks like the same old Waverly last few years.

bigbuckeyesfan
Waterboy

Post by bigbuckeyesfan »

indians by as much as they want i seen them play rock hill & this game right here can b out hand REAL quick

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

Neutron u do understand valley only has 12 2nd level points dont you? Waverly has 8.5 with just one win! So your going to talk about teams competition lol

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

frankly i think valley makes a big statement to doubters here.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

if i thought any different , i'd tell ya . i say valley is way too strong at this point.

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

crazymidgets wrote:Neutron u do understand valley only has 12 2nd level points dont you? Waverly has 8.5 with just one win! So your going to talk about teams competition lol
We down our competition and i understand our 2nd level points. What does that have to do with Waverlys losses yet? You will be able to answer this friday night. All we can do is knock down teams in front of us on the schedule. Our second level points will go way up this week. Alot of the teams on our schedule will get wins this friday and IMO we will be at 30.5 2nd level points when new rankings come out. When these teams were added to our schedule many years ago, they were teams with winning seasons and either playoff teams or flirting with the playoff. Every time you sign a contract with a team it is a gamble and all you can do is hope they can win some games and beat them when you play.

playtowin
Freshman Team

Post by playtowin »

Apparently someone doesn't know anything about Athens or Western Brown combined record of 9-1 and averaging 47.7 points per contest, that sounds pretty good to me. Subtract the points against Waverly and they are still averaging 35.5 Valley may compete with Jackson but they aren't going to touch either of those teams.
Last edited by playtowin on Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Yeah now that valley is passing it well this one will not be much of a game. Valley has a great pass rush this year. I really hope waverly makes it a close one. I just think are boys need to be challenged. I think once this season is over people will stop comparing them to last years team and they will be there own team.

blue53
All State

Post by blue53 »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:frankly i think valley makes a big statement to doubters here.

I don't think Valley could do anything to change the doubters on here. Not saying Valley isn't that good. I'm saying the doubters are just set in their opinion and will never change no matter what. So Valley just needs to go out and take the respect they deserve

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Going to this game to watch the Indians. I thought they would be down after the loss of so many from last years team. Obviously they are performing at a diffeent level under Crabtree that they didnt do before unless they have same or better talent than last yr. No disrespect, but they normally fall way off after a good year. This year, they are doing great!! Wonder what they put in the water?

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

crazymidgets wrote:Neutron u do understand valley only has 12 2nd level points dont you? Waverly has 8.5 with just one win! So your going to talk about teams competition lol
You do understand that you are the 1202834932048345348th person to bring up the schedule, dont you? When Valley brought on CG, RH, Peake(who was a playoff team a year ago), SP etc..that they were ALL playoff teams. Rock Hill played Ironton in the playoffs the year before the Valley series, and made the playoffs the first year they played the Indians...CG has been a few times even WITH Valley on the schedule, as has Peake.

Rock Hill
2007 - 7-4 - First year playing Valley Lost to St. Clairsville in playoffs, and have been dwn since.

Coal Grove
2007 7-2 - first year playing Valley since SOC II..just missed playoffs

Chesapeake
multiple playoff appearances of late - down this year

As you can see, Huntington has been replaced with Portsmouth, who is traditionally good....knock the schedule all you want, but as many have said, everyones minds are already made up about Valley...even with a 4-2 record in the last 6 playoff GAMES.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

playtowin wrote:Apparently someone doesn't know anything about Athens or Western Brown combined record of 9-1 and averaging 47.7 points per contest, that sounds pretty good to me. Subtract the points against Waverly and they are still averaging 35.5 Valley may compete with Jackson but they aren't going to touch either of those teams.
Yea, we dont play those teams. We're the smallest school in the SOC II, 6-7 boys away from D6, makes no sense playing Div 2-3 schools. Waverly being the second biggest....makes sense.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

demaniac1 wrote:Going to this game to watch the Indians. I thought they would be down after the loss of so many from last years team. Obviously they are performing at a diffeent level under Crabtree that they didnt do before unless they have same or better talent than last yr. No disrespect, but they normally fall way off after a good year. This year, they are doing great!! Wonder what they put in the water?
It's a secret..lol :122245

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

As far as this game...I think it will be competitive for a good while...Valley pulling away late.

Indians move to 6-0.

playtowin
Freshman Team

Post by playtowin »

SPAMONY wrote:I dont think either of those team are outstanding. i say weak given the size of school similar to jackson. IMO we all know what happened at Burg last week

Coop I was just answering this comment.

smack
Riding the Bench

Post by smack »

chicken_coop wrote:
playtowin wrote:Apparently someone doesn't know anything about Athens or Western Brown combined record of 9-1 and averaging 47.7 points per contest, that sounds pretty good to me. Subtract the points against Waverly and they are still averaging 35.5 Valley may compete with Jackson but they aren't going to touch either of those teams.
Yea, we dont play those teams. We're the smallest school in the SOC II, 6-7 boys away from D6, makes no sense playing Div 2-3 schools. Waverly being the second biggest....makes sense.
what dosen't make sense is waverly being the second biggest and still not being able to win ball games .all of there players are in the stands.i hope somebody will wake up and do something.

Return to “Football”