Week 6: Wellston (2-3) @ Athens (4-1)

A-Town Big Dog
S

Re: Week 6: Wellston (2-3) @ Athens (4-1)

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

Athens was able to put together another solid game tonight on both sides of the ball and were able to pull away early in this one despite a solid effort from Wellston tonight. I was really impressed with Wellston and how hard they played to the end, it says alot about the heart and desire on that team. Good luck the rest of the way. On a side note, I talked with the head trainer from Athens after she returned to the sidelines following the injury to #17 from Wellston. She said that he had movement and feeling in all limbs and would be fine and was being transported for observation purposes. I hope the young man recovers quickly and is back on the field soon!

85cruiser
Riding the Bench

Post by 85cruiser »

Great game Bulldogs! The Bulldogs offense and defense are still proving they are a team to be reckoned with.

I was impressed with the Wellston athletes tonight and surprised that they are (2-3) despite the teams they have played thus far, I believe they are actually better than their record shows. Wellston has good size and quick players both sides of the ball, but showing a run offense without any pass threat is obviously easier to defend against. Wellston did get five sacks tonight against us but it was not enough to stop Joe and company.

Blue Duck
Freshman Team

Post by Blue Duck »

Hats off to Athens. They have a great spread attack that could take them far. Without a doubt, they will run the tvc in my opinion. No way N'vill can match their athletes. Wellston ran different looks on defense and i believe sacked burrows 5 or 6 times but other than that it usually was a big gain. Their defense was able to shutout wellstons varsity offense also. They have a great ball club. Good luck rest of the years guys

buckeye_master
Freshman Team

Post by buckeye_master »

Blue Duck wrote:Hats off to Athens. They have a great spread attack that could take them far. Without a doubt, they will run the tvc in my opinion. No way N'vill can match their athletes. Wellston ran different looks on defense and i believe sacked burrows 5 or 6 times but other than that it usually was a big gain. Their defense was able to shutout wellstons varsity offense also. They have a great ball club. Good luck rest of the years guys
Dont count out N'ville saying they cant match athens athletes....NY has a nice O and D line right now and with Joey young at QB and with 11 diffrent players running the ball this year...plus there d line putting alot of pressure on QB's in ever game im sure Athens Qb hasnt been rushed as much this year but as soon as he faces NY's D line and D linebackers things will look alot diffrent in this game in week 10....And im not taking anything away from athens at all they have a very nice ball team and alot of talent this year but i just feel they havent had any pressure on there Quarter back all year. ny linebackers and d line will show him that...Its going to be a big game in week 10 and may the best team win....but what really gets me is the comment that No way Nville can match athens athletes...last years game come down to the last team with the ball and it will come down to that this year...i hope both teams are injury free come week 10 and i know that game is aways away :122249

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

NY does have the athletes to match up on the outside ... Austin North, Emmitt Reed, Joey Young, Austin Inman, Marc carter - all these kids may or may not play defense all the time now - but they will be on the field I bet to cover the Bulldogs 4-wide passing attack.

with both teams winning by exact margins Friday .... 54-8 ... I think that was a direct statement to all saying "hey, week 10 is gonna be another epic game!" ... :)

Return to “Football”