D4, REGION 15- IRONTON VS. JOHNSTOWN

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

pbuck
All State

Re: D4, REGION 15- IRONTON VS. JOHNSTOWN

Post by pbuck »

Should be a good one may go check this one out its gonna be played at Athens HS as for a prediction I'll take Ironton

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

Tiger fans if you need advice on food, parking, or anything else just ask, I'll be happy to give my opinions.

Logan_Buckeye
Freshman Team

Post by Logan_Buckeye »

86Tiger wrote:Sorry Logan-Buckeye but I do not want to go to Logan or Nellsonville York. I hate that drive.
Sorry 86, looks like your coming this way anyway to Athens... I'll be at the game.... Now who's going to pic me up a couple pre-sale ticks and where are the tailgates setting up... :)

Logan_Buckeye
Freshman Team

Post by Logan_Buckeye »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:and if the deer ain't movin we know where to catch a big ole catfish too, don't we.
sure do buddy.... :)

Gray Fighting Tiger
Varsity

Post by Gray Fighting Tiger »

RAILROADN wrote:BC gave us all we wanted the 1st half. Ironton definitely has to play better against Johnstown. Let's just hope johnstown isn't a passing team cause our pass defense is woeful.
They were primarily a running team last year. This year, I don't know.

For what it's worth...
Last year regular season they were 10-0 and averaged over 50 points per game while giving up about 18.
This year regular season they were 8-2 and averaged about 35 points per game while giving up about 17.

Railroadn
JV Team

Post by Railroadn »

I believe we can win this one. If we come out and play the way we did in the second half of the BC game.........then theirs nobody in our region can beat us!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

SO WHERE IS THIS FOR SURE IN ATHENS OU/ATHENS HIGH SCHOOL.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

100% certain this game is at the Athens High School. The stadium address is: 1 High School Drive The Plains, Ohio. The stadium is located less than a mile from Rt 33 just off of Johnson Rd.(easiest from the South) or Rt. 33 to Rt. 682 to Johnson Rd. (easiest from the North). On a side note other than McDonalds, Subway and a couple of local diners there aren't any food options in The Plains, you may want to stop Athens for dining as they have many more options.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

THANK YOU BUDDY, I GOT THE PM.
I'VE NOT SEEN THE NEW ATHENS HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL STADIUM.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

The field and track are as nice as anywhere, the stands are good with no obstructed views of the field. Keep in mind that the facility is still under construction, the old softball field will be turned into a parking lot and a new athletic center will be built to contain the weight room, new visitors locker room and concession stand. The softball field is being relocated across from the football field and the outline is visible. Our facility is nice now but will be excellent after the next phases of construction are complete.

86Tiger
JV Team

Post by 86Tiger »

[quote="Logan_Buckeye"][quote="86Tiger"]Sorry Logan-Buckeye but I do not want to go to Logan or Nellsonville York. I hate that drive.[/quote]

Sorry 86, looks like your coming this way anyway to Athens... I'll be at the game.... Now who's going to pic me up a couple pre-sale ticks and where are the tailgates setting up... :)[/quote]
Yea I know but it still ain't Logan or NY. The drive to Athens isn't quite as bad.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

East State St. in Athens is pretty much a one stop shop for food around the area, my personal choice before the game would be Leghorns down by the Market on State (mall) across the street from Lowes, they have great wings, a wide beer selection and other good food and drinks (try a pizzookie for desert, they are awesome). Also on E. State is Bob Evans, Applebees, Donatos Pizza, Ponderosa (not as good as the one in Jackson), Abrio's (great little authentic Italian food place with homemade pasta and sauces and brick oven pizza), Pizza Hut, Lam's Garden (really good Chinese food), Ruby Tuesday, China Panda (Chinese, Japanese, Sushi. located in the strip mall next to Lowes), Gran Ranchero (Mexican food located in the same strip mall), China Buffet (located in the Market on State Mall), Kisors BBQ Express (also located in the Mall), and Casa Lopez (Mexican food). It also has the run of the mill fast food places Long John Silvers, McDonalds, Burger King, Wendy's, Arby's, Taco Bell,etc. Hopefully this helps.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

thanks for the info.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

anybody, or players heard anything about the condition of adam webb's knee. i pray it's just a bad sprain.

OneHitWonder
Riding the Bench

Post by OneHitWonder »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

nice looking place , anybody got any figures on seating capacity. home/away

Logan_Buckeye
Freshman Team

Post by Logan_Buckeye »

OK, Where did all my old buddies go? I need some pre-sale tickets...lol... I'm good for em; I know its only 2 bucks more for gate, but think of it this way, if you get me presale tics, ironton get a piece of that money, if I have to buy them at the gate, ironton get none of that money.. :) its a win, win situation.. ironton get money, i get tics... lol

Anyway, Tiger, there is plenty of seating at the Athens stadium, it is a fantastic facility, almost compares to the Logan Stadium, just not quite there, pretty close to the same amount of seating though. One way or another, I'll be on the Ironton side rooting them on...

Good Luck Tigers

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

I just remembered that it will be parents weekend at OU this week. Those of you planning to eat in town may want to plan on leaving an extra few minutes early to avoid that dinner crowd (which usually isn't bad till after 6:30 on these weekends but ya never know).

86Tiger
JV Team

Post by 86Tiger »

very nice stadium, but where is the parking? Do we have to walk a country mile? I will have elderly handicapped people with me from this pic it does not appear that there is parking very close to the stadium.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

There is handicapped parking next to the main entrance which is visible in the picture just behind the concession stand. General parking is allowed across from the stadium in the grass, along the road as can be seen in the picture and in the main high school lot which is on site but is slightly uphill from the stadium and is just out of view to the left in the picture, not a bad walk even from the furthest end of the school lot and they do normally allow unloading in front of the main gate if necessary.

Return to “Football”