#1 Shadyside (11-0) vs #2 Trimble (12-0)

icanpickem
All Conference

Re: #1 Shadyside (11-0) vs #2 Trimble (12-0)

Post by icanpickem »

Orange and Brown wrote:
athens78 wrote:One thing is for sure I love to listen to the announcers from 107.7. They keep giving time and score and don't always talk over each other. They do a great, great job. They also talk up both teams. They may be vested in Trimble but say lots of good things about the opponent. Great job guys. Keep it up and i'll be listening on Saturday.

The 107 guys sound like 2 drunk people trying to call the game from their living room.......

They aren't good at the play by play, and the color commentary is something to be desired..... Poor little fellows try real hard though.
Not sure which station I listened to Trimble/Shadyside game last year, but it was 2 or 3 guys yelling/talking over each other, screaming "go, go, go" to the players running the ball rather than calling the action. Calling Shadyside "slim shady" multiple times(real respectful lol). Could have been that one??

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

The only place available for the 105 crew Saturday will be outside, below the press box and nestled amongst the Shadyside contingent. I highly doubt you hear much 'go, go, go' or 'slim shady' remarks.

Still wondering why this game was not placed in Zanesville, where it is big enough to accommodate all members of the media.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Here's an idea. Maybe the OHSAA chose Byesville as the cite for the benefit of the fans of both schools, not the media. Just a thought.

Trimble to Meadowbrook High School 55 Miles
Shadyside to Meadowbrook High School 57 Miles

Trimble to Zanesville High School 39 Miles
Shadyside to Zanesville High School 79 Miles

I'm sure there are many factors that go into the decision making process for game cites, but travel distance should certainly be primary in the consideration. It is a neutral cite, period, about as even distance wise for both communities. At least the game isn't being held in St. Clairsville, which would basically be a home game for Shadyside.

That's an unfortunate hand that is being dealt to the radio stations, however, it is what it is. Be glad you've got a game to cover and quit beating a dead horse.

Good luck to the Tomcats this weekend, I will be rooting for all both Athens county teams.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Beating a dead horse? I wasn't aware I was doing so, just simply making an observation.

BTW ... Trimble vs Shadyside was played in Zanesville last season. It offers more than just room for media personnel.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Their are hundreds of teams that would play in a gravel parking lot full of broken glass for a chance at a regional title.............

My observation is that we should all just be happy we have not 1 but 2 teams playing in the regional Finals this weekend and not worry about where it is being played!

GO TVC!

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

I was well aware that the game was played in Zanesville last year. Seems like OHSAA is trying to be a little more balanced and spreading the wealth to the schools that upgrade their facilities to turf and want to host. Unfortunately, the school was not able to upgrade the media area. Hey, it is better than making two schools travel two to two and a half hours each to play a second round game like they've done in the past, when there was a great facility (actually Athens) that was half way between the schools.

A moot point and a dead horse are the same thing. You aren't going to change it, so don't complain about it or question it. As my friend O&B stated, we should all be glad that we have two teams in regional finals from the county, and that is much to be proud of for any HS football fan, regardless of team allegiance.

Wish you had better accommodations for the broadcast, but I'm sure you guys will make the best of it. Go 'Cats and go 'Dogs!

It would be awesome to have two county teams as regional champs. 8) 8) 8)

buckman
Freshman Team

Post by buckman »

I think Trimble will be the visiting team, so I'm all set to stand somewhere and watch on Saturday night... might even take a few folding chairs and hang out behind one of the end zones. It's fun visiting different stadiums, and while many whined about New Lex last week, that place was awesome, and parking and getting out of there was a breeze(for my group anyway)!

Looking forward to the trip down Route 78!

Green Beagle
JV Team

Post by Green Beagle »

Took care of Cadwell, now go out and beat them Tagers!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

buckman wrote:I think Trimble will be the visiting team, so I'm all set to stand somewhere and watch on Saturday night... might even take a few folding chairs and hang out behind one of the end zones. It's fun visiting different stadiums, and while many whined about New Lex last week, that place was awesome, and parking and getting out of there was a breeze(for my group anyway)!

I really liked the atmosphere at New Lex! Basically a new field, set smack dab in the middle of an old school setting. Could have used a bigger press box, but outside of that, a very unique venue.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Orange and Brown wrote:
athens78 wrote:One thing is for sure I love to listen to the announcers from 107.7. They keep giving time and score and don't always talk over each other. They do a great, great job. They also talk up both teams. They may be vested in Trimble but say lots of good things about the opponent. Great job guys. Keep it up and i'll be listening on Saturday.

The 107 guys sound like 2 drunk people trying to call the game from their living room.......

They aren't good at the play by play, and the color commentary is something to be desired..... Poor little fellows try real hard though.

+1

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Orange and Brown wrote:Their are hundreds of teams that would play in a gravel parking lot full of broken glass for a chance at a regional title.............

My observation is that we should all just be happy we have not 1 but 2 teams playing in the regional Finals this weekend and not worry about where it is being played!

GO TVC!

+1

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

I love the 105.5 guys to they're the best especially those cute nicknames, cool whip, sultan of smack, puff daddy. Both local station do a great job covering the local teams. Keep up the good work.

RadioLady
Riding the Bench

Post by RadioLady »

I have listened to both stations extensively. Here are your choices.

One of them makes up cute little nicknames for each other, and the one guy talks about how great he thinks he was when he supposedly played, and how smart he believes himself to be. They also talk about which one is ahead in their pic'em challenge. They rarely refer to the game, or players.

The other one announces the game, and talks about the players and seem to be really knowledgeable about high school football.

So, take your pick. It just depends on what you want listen to. They are not that far apart on your radio dial.

RadioLady
Riding the Bench

Post by RadioLady »

They also mistakenly call us Nelsonville, instead of correctly saying Nelsonville-YORK!

chiefs
Varsity

Post by chiefs »

93Bulldog wrote:
buckman wrote:I think Trimble will be the visiting team, so I'm all set to stand somewhere and watch on Saturday night... might even take a few folding chairs and hang out behind one of the end zones. It's fun visiting different stadiums, and while many whined about New Lex last week, that place was awesome, and parking and getting out of there was a breeze(for my group anyway)!

I really liked the atmosphere at New Lex! Basically a new field, set smack dab in the middle of an old school setting. Could have used a bigger press box, but outside of that, a very unique venue.
I know this is really beside the point, but the folks at FCA are able to comfortably tape video broadcasts (with commentators) of their games at New Lex and have been doing so for a few years. I would ask them for future reference how they're able to do stuff in the press box. Edit: I should add they did a game in week 10 sharing space with WFCO, the radio station in Lancaster.

Philos_Finest
All Conference

Post by Philos_Finest »

Good Luck to the Tomcats!

RadioLady
Riding the Bench

Post by RadioLady »

Everyone knows the reason we fired Dusty is because he kept calling us Nelsonville. BTW....has his tailgate cookbook come out yet? All he talked about on our station was recipes for baked beans and cole slaw.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

Right on target RadioLady. If I want to hear a bunch of childish nicknames I'll tune into the comedy channel (really no difference) If I want to hear about tailgate cooking I'll tune in the food network (not even close to the same) Good move on 107.7 to cut ties. It's football not the comedy network (well it seems like it is). They also blame the officials for bad calls (are you on the field getting the best look at it) I was being sarcastic above when I said I love 105.5 if anyone didn't get that. I also have to say I use to listen to 107.7 and got sick and tired of listen to that guy talk about himself and tailgate and nicknames blah blah and blah that I stopped listening to it. Once he was fired and moved down the highway with the same routine I immediately switched back to 107.7. This station along with bringing us quality games and calls the owner supplies movies for teams, buses for teams and much more for these kids. How much have the 105.5 owners taken out of their pockets for schools? Keep up the good work and the adult listeners will continue to listen to the best 107.7. As long as they keep giving me sports talk and no puff daddy's, big cheese look at me I like to hear myself talk crap. Go Cats and Nelsonville York Buckeyes.

fairlandboi'06
Riding the Bench

Post by fairlandboi'06 »

athens78 wrote:Right on target RadioLady. If I want to hear a bunch of childish nicknames I'll tune into the comedy channel (really no difference) If I want to hear about tailgate cooking I'll tune in the food network (not even close to the same) Good move on 107.7 to cut ties. It's football not the comedy network (well it seems like it is). They also blame the officials for bad calls (are you on the field getting the best look at it) I was being sarcastic above when I said I love 105.5 if anyone didn't get that. I also have to say I use to listen to 107.7 and got sick and tired of listen to that guy talk about himself and tailgate and nicknames blah blah and blah that I stopped listening to it. Once he was fired and moved down the highway with the same routine I immediately switched back to 107.7. This station along with bringing us quality games and calls the owner supplies movies for teams, buses for teams and much more for these kids. How much have the 105.5 owners taken out of their pockets for schools? Keep up the good work and the adult listeners will continue to listen to the best 107.7. As long as they keep giving me sports talk and no puff daddy's, big cheese look at me I like to hear myself talk crap. Go Cats and Nelsonville York Buckeyes.

It really is nice to see people start to speak up about this. I would like a station where the listener can call in and talk about the local games. I really dont care about someones fantasy picks. They waste so much time talking about pick-ems and back in their playing days, they cant even find time to give scores. I would think that we will hear a change next year.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Wizard wrote:
athens78 wrote:They waste so much time talking about pick-ems and back in their playing days, they cant even find time to give scores.
If you are referring to the post game show on Power 105 - that score sheet gets read repeatedly throughout the night.

In terms of Saturday nights game: the 105 play-by-play man is a graduate of Ohio University with a degree in broadcast journalism. He also works for the IMG network and is the sideline reporter for the Bobcats. The color man is a former Tomcat player, coach and current teacher in the Trimble school district. Good luck finding another station Saturday with that combination of credentials and ties to the school.

And feel free to talk about the game, seeing as the topic says Shadyside vs Trimble.

Good luck 'Cats
Good luck 'Dogs

Return to “Football”