#1 Trimble vs #2 Shadyside for Division VII Region 25 crown

Region 15
JV Team

Re: #1 Trimble vs #2 Shadyside for Division VII Region 25 cr

Post by Region 15 »

Don't judge all the Shadyside fans based on one or two comments on some other site. School kids say stupid things. Just like Shadyside fans might make the same mistake based on a comment or two from this site. I guarantee most Shadyside fans believe that this will be a few close game with the exception that Shadyside will win just like all Trimble fans believe they will win.

bigblue allday
Freshman Team

Post by bigblue allday »

outerbanksjake wrote:Don't judge all the Shadyside fans based on one or two comments on some other site. School kids say stupid things. Just like Shadyside fans might make the same mistake based on a comment or two from this site. I guarantee most Shadyside fans believe that this will be a few close game with the exception that Shadyside will win just like all Trimble fans believe they will win.
I honestly think this will be a close game. This will be the best team shadyside has seen all year and the same for us. I want my cats to win just like you want your tigers to win.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

gottalovette wrote:I love all these Mohawk Mafia Guys saying this will be a cakewalk and acting like shadyside is the underdogs. Trimble struggled with a small line that SCC had and was a turnover away from losing that game. You Trimble guys who haven't seen shadyside play and will be in for a surprise. everyone of their lineman go at least 260-270 and they are strong and quick. Shadyside will dominate the offensive and Defensive line and get stronger as the game goes on. Now the question is how effective is Trimbles's Passing game. If shadyside can make them one dimensional this will be a long game. Trimble will have to force turnovers to win this game if not I can see shadyside winning by 2 or 3 tds.
There isn't any kids from the Football team talking any trash on here.

surfsider
All State

Post by surfsider »

It'll be a good game. I don't think Shadyside has seen a team with as much diversity as Trimble on the offensive side. I know the Tomcats have had some great defensive games, but the Tigers have too, it's just that they've substituted some to let younger kids play and given up a late TD or two. I wish it was on TV. You'd think STO would do a D-7 game once in a while. I'll stick with my earlier prediction - Shadyside wins it 28-14.

fairlandboi'06
Riding the Bench

Post by fairlandboi'06 »

I havent seen Shadyside so I cant say I know how big there line is, and dont really care. I will say this, I have seen the Cats play and they have some playmakers. If the O-line of the Cats can give number 4 just a couple of seconds he can make people look silly. The Cats will show up and make a game of it. Dont just think that Shadyside will run all over Trimble like they arent even there. I am pretty sure thats what the fine folks from SCC thought and Trimble shut them down other than a few plays. I havent seen any team other than Wahama try to run it right at Trimble. If Shadyside thinks for one minute they will have success running up the middle all night they a crazy. Good luck to both teams and stay healthy.

bigblue allday
Freshman Team

Post by bigblue allday »

CALPREPS.COM
Your source for high school football scores, standings & rankings

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field
[2013] Trimble (Glouster, OH) 28, [2013] Shadyside (OH) 26

CG Jammin Moo
Waterboy

Post by CG Jammin Moo »

While the fine folks at cal preps do get it wrong sometimes. They do have the Tomcats favored by 5

pitch15
Riding the Bench

Post by pitch15 »

[quote="Wizard"]I havent seen Shadyside so I cant say I know how big there line is, and dont really care. I will say this, I have seen the Cats play and they have some playmakers. If the O-line of the Cats can give number 4 just a couple of seconds he can make people look silly. The Cats will show up and make a game of it. Dont just think that Shadyside will run all over Trimble like they arent even there. I am pretty sure thats what the fine folks from SCC thought and Trimble shut them down other than a few plays. I havent seen any team other than Wahama try to run it right at Trimble. If Shadyside thinks for one minute they will have success running up the middle all night they a crazy. Good luck to both teams and stay healthy.[/quo

Shadyside is no SCC by any means. Scc had a very small and undersized line. Shadyside has 3 1,000 yard rushers and over 4000 rushing yards as a team and a QB who is going to play D1 football. They will run it up the middle on you and play smash mouth football. And I have watched Trimble play and was not really impressed with their win last week. And the Trimble guys on Ovathletics saying they almost had a shutout. " The thing that's the way Trimble feels today also, they had a bad night. 2 INTs in the endzone, and 2 blown coverages and a case of not wrapping up cost them the chance at another shut out. " He is crazy saying they almost had a shutout. What you almost had was a loss. Only way Trimble keeps it close is if they can pass the ball effectively and then set up a run game. but if not they will lose this game.

Alumnus_Tigress
Waterboy

Post by Alumnus_Tigress »

I hope Timble runs the spread!!! I love it when they spread them out and go right up the middle!!!!

newlex/sheridan
Varsity

Post by newlex/sheridan »

I watched Trimble play Newark Catholic @ Sheridan last year in the playoffs, believe Trimble returned the majority of that team in tact, a year older and a year stronger. When I watched them they lost a tight one that they had several chances to win and Catholic moved on and almost won a state title if I'm not mistaken. I watched Shadyside last week. They have a very good front seven on defense and a very good offensive line and back field on offense. They don't have any playmakers on the outside that scare you. Last week they beat Caldwell with sustained drives and essentially a Woody Hayes 3 yards and a cloud of dust offense. They did not make any really big/explosive plays. They are fundamentally sound and tackle well. IMO, the team that hits a few big plays in the passing game or forces a few turnovers will win. Based on what I have watched in person and as a neutral observer I would take Trimble by a score but it could go either way. Should be a very entertaining game. Also, both teams are very well coached.

wrestler87
Freshman Team

Post by wrestler87 »

I agree with most about the game being a 'slobberknocker'. Looks like Shadyside is just a tad stronger than SCC was by common oppt. scores, and Trimble's SCC score. It's tough to tell, but the trouble with PAT's worry me more in tight games. It could come down to that. A good line either way just might swing it.
Now that I've overthought things.... I'll re-think 'em. :12224
Go Cats!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I am taking the Cats!!
The Mafia will hitem hard and hitem often!!

The Enforcer
SEO

Post by The Enforcer »

gottalovette wrote:
Wizard wrote:I havent seen Shadyside so I cant say I know how big there line is, and dont really care. I will say this, I have seen the Cats play and they have some playmakers. If the O-line of the Cats can give number 4 just a couple of seconds he can make people look silly. The Cats will show up and make a game of it. Dont just think that Shadyside will run all over Trimble like they arent even there. I am pretty sure thats what the fine folks from SCC thought and Trimble shut them down other than a few plays. I havent seen any team other than Wahama try to run it right at Trimble. If Shadyside thinks for one minute they will have success running up the middle all night they a crazy. Good luck to both teams and stay healthy.[/quo

Shadyside is no SCC by any means. Scc had a very small and undersized line. Shadyside has 3 1,000 yard rushers and over 4000 rushing yards as a team and a QB who is going to play D1 football. They will run it up the middle on you and play smash mouth football. And I have watched Trimble play and was not really impressed with their win last week. And the Trimble guys on Ovathletics saying they almost had a shutout. " The thing that's the way Trimble feels today also, they had a bad night. 2 INTs in the endzone, and 2 blown coverages and a case of not wrapping up cost them the chance at another shut out. " He is crazy saying they almost had a shutout. What you almost had was a loss. Only way Trimble keeps it close is if they can pass the ball effectively and then set up a run game. but if not they will lose this game.
I'll say it again since Your talking about Me!!!

Trimble dominated that game except for 3 plays, look at the stats. Those 3 plays went for over 175 yards, the other 40 they run went for under 120 yards take those 3 away and if Trimble runs the ball like they should have on the 2 INTs this game is Ugly,

Power 105
All Conference

Post by Power 105 »

Tonight on 970 WATH, 97.1 FM and 970wath.com it's our HS Football Preview show at 6:06. We will spend the hour looking at Athens-Marion Franklin and Trimble-Shadyside. You can call in with your thoughts or questions at 740-592-6646.

Also, at 8 on Power 105 and online at wxtq.com, it's our HS Football Coaches show with Athens HC Ryan Adams and Trimble HC Phil Faires.

You can listen to both on either the Power 105 smartphone app or the 970 WATH app.

The Enforcer
SEO

Post by The Enforcer »

GO TOMCATS!!!

HOLD THE ROPE

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

:lol:
Last edited by moonshine on Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

This game will come down to special teams! that being said, game day Friday prediction;

Tomkittens 26

Shadyside 27

tomcatdad
JV Team

Post by tomcatdad »

Game is saturday....your score will not be right either...lol. go cats!

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

tomcatdad wrote:Game is saturday....your score will not be right either...lol. go cats!
I under stand that , That's why I said game day Friday, it is one of two High school game days this week! You call a spade a spade! and that's how I analyzed this game!

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

GOOD LUCK CATS!!!

Return to “Football”