wk5 Logan (1-3) @ Nelsonville-York (2-2)

Amarranavajas
Freshman Team

Re: wk5 Logan (1-3) @ Nelsonville-York (2-2)

Post by Amarranavajas »

Ok Bulldog, go ahead and hope you play DeSales then. Good luck. BTW that region is not stacked. Carrolton has already lost to Claymont giving up 50. Sheridan got throttled by Zanesville. West Holmes hasn't beaten anyone with a winning record. I will give you that Granville may be tough, but they haven't beaten anyone with less than two losses either.

LoganLocos wrote:Thanks for posting NYBuckeye96. I'll have my full historical data in my weekly media guide, I'll post the link on Friday to LoganFootball.com.

What I find the most interesting is that Logan's most successful coach (Dale Amyx) has easily the worst record against Nelsonville/Nelsonville-York.

Amyx' teams were 7-4 against the Buckeyes during his 20-year stint as HC of the Chiefains (the two teams did not play his first two seasons, '90 and '91 and did not play from '03-'09).

I think it speaks to the strength of the Buckeyes, particularly in the early to mid 1990s and Logan's poor performance on the field from '95-'97 (2-8, 3-7, 4-6).

No doubt in my mind the '94 game ranks as one of the all-time best in terms of the strength of each team. That was probably Amyx' best team prior to the playoff team of 1999.
What was Kelly Wolfes' record against NY?

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Words of wisdom! all you posters be careful what you wish for! ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)
Last edited by moonshine on Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Amarranavajas wrote:Ok Bulldog, go ahead and hope you play DeSales then. Good luck. BTW that region is not stacked. Carrolton has already lost to Claymont giving up 50. Sheridan got throttled by Zanesville. West Holmes hasn't beaten anyone with a winning record. I will give you that Granville may be tough, but they haven't beaten anyone with less than two losses either.

LoganLocos wrote:Thanks for posting NYBuckeye96. I'll have my full historical data in my weekly media guide, I'll post the link on Friday to LoganFootball.com.

What I find the most interesting is that Logan's most successful coach (Dale Amyx) has easily the worst record against Nelsonville/Nelsonville-York.

Amyx' teams were 7-4 against the Buckeyes during his 20-year stint as HC of the Chiefains (the two teams did not play his first two seasons, '90 and '91 and did not play from '03-'09).

I think it speaks to the strength of the Buckeyes, particularly in the early to mid 1990s and Logan's poor performance on the field from '95-'97 (2-8, 3-7, 4-6).

No doubt in my mind the '94 game ranks as one of the all-time best in terms of the strength of each team. That was probably Amyx' best team prior to the playoff team of 1999.
Losing to NY the way he did sealed his fate!

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

moonshine wrote:
Amarranavajas wrote:Ok Bulldog, go ahead and hope you play DeSales then. Good luck. BTW that region is not stacked. Carrolton has already lost to Claymont giving up 50. Sheridan got throttled by Zanesville. West Holmes hasn't beaten anyone with a winning record. I will give you that Granville may be tough, but they haven't beaten anyone with less than two losses either.

Losing to NY the way he did sealed his fate!
0-2

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Sorry, should have clarified that I meant any coach with more than 3 games against the Greyhounds/Buckeyes.

I agree that losses to the Buckeyes, especially last years, probably had a major impact on the head coaching change at LHS this offseason. The game at Logan Chieftain Stadium was one of the more disappointing Chieftain performances I can remember.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Well let's hope Fridays loss to the Bucks doesn't seal Coach Burke's fate already

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

On to this year, as the week progresses the young men are preparing with a great deal of enthusiasm and are working hard to turn the ship around like I said b-4 penalty's and mistakes will decide this game! might even come down to the special teams. I want the chiefs to win in order to prevent the bullpuppies from obtaining playoff points. That's even if the bullpuppies can beat NY

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Orange and Brown wrote:Well let's hope Fridays loss to the Bucks doesn't seal Coach Burke's fate already
That's like NY loss to Trimble that after this season might seal Boston Jr. fate!

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

93Bulldog wrote:
HA! I would root for anyone vs the Chieftains ... go Bucks!
The feeling is mutual.

I'm just glad 2013 is another calendar year that will pass since Athens beat Logan on the gridiron. When was the last time? Even I've forgotten that ;)

FYI - it was 1995. I haven't really forgotten. I'll never forget.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

HA! I would root for anyone vs the Chieftains ... go Bucks![/quote]

I will always root for anyone even the sisters of the poor vs the bullpuppies!

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Locos, How many starters out, in this game for the Chiefs?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

LoganLocos wrote:FYI - it was 1995. I haven't really forgotten. I'll never forget.
1995?

What, did 2old wheel you down to the Hilltop in your stroller to catch that one? I'm surprised you would remember anything at that age.

:mrgreen:

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Trenchfoot wrote:Locos, How many starters out, in this game for the Chiefs?
I know the starting qb won't be back, but I heard 3 more are either injured or some other reason and won't play at NY. Does anyone else on here have any idea???

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

What about Jordan is he playing? Locos said earlier one of the linebackers will be back,maybe he meant Mcbride

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Don't know Bolt. I thought both linebackers was out for Loundonville. Hope Jordon is playing, he's one of the top tacklers on the team. Looks like this game will be won by who ever wants it the most. Nelsonville wants that 3 in a row, and Logan will do everything to keep them from breaking that. The Chiefs will be hurting with all these players injured, but will have a different look than the last two years. Bet your last Buck on that. :lol: GO CHIEFS!!!!!

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Yep lots of players in the infirmary! That's football though, they happen every year,you just got to hope they are at a minumum.I remember all those years during Logan's run I don't ever remember a QB not starting because of injury, but now seems like it happens every year for whatever reason.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

C-Bolt wrote:Yep lots of players in the infirmary! That's football though, they happen every year,you just got to hope they are at a minumum.I remember all those years during Logan's run I don't ever remember a QB not starting because of injury, but now seems like it happens every year for whatever reason.
Big ole deep leach bed with all those starters injured. Makes it hard to come up out of there and get the wins a roll-un. Chiefs has had a rough road here lately and things not going their way. Chiefs get a W this Friday imo. GO CHIEFS!!!

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

I heard last night the RB for the Buchtel Boy's is out due to an injury!

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

moonshine wrote:I heard last night the RB for the Buchtel Boy's is out due to an injury!
Is he the freshman? If the Bucks wants that 3 in a row, this would be the time to do it, because the Chiefs will be with out a few good players in this game.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Here's MY take on the injury situation. I'm not in Logan so I don't see practice or talk to coaches.

OUT:
QB - Lane Little, Collar bone, likely out of the season
LB - Dean Jordan, In-school suspension, out according to last week's LDN

DOUBTFUL:
WR/DB - Nick Maniskas, Back, hasn't played and heard last week they were looking at league play

QUESTIONABLE:
QB/FS - Caleb Lewellen, shoulder, was having an MRI done this week

PROBABLE:
RB/LB - Bryce McBride, Concussion, he was close last week and I expect him to play

Think that's everyone who has been a starter or projected starter this season. Again, just my guesses so take from it what you will.

Return to “Football”