Wheelersburg 49 Ironton 12

noles_fan
S

Re: 8/30 Wheelersburg @ Ironton

Post by noles_fan »

tigercannon71 wrote:I think this is going to be a typical Ironton-Burg game. Close game till half then Tigers turn it on and win by 24.
With burg having the majority of their skill players back I dont see anyone on their schedule beating them by 24. Inculding Ironton!!!

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

I predict a Burg win!

Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

That's a really good prediction !!! I bet your right!

Endzone_Warrior
Varsity

Post by Endzone_Warrior »

noles_fan wrote:
tigercannon71 wrote:I think this is going to be a typical Ironton-Burg game. Close game till half then Tigers turn it on and win by 24.
With burg having the majority of their skill players back I dont see anyone on their schedule beating them by 24. Inculding Ironton!!!
I AGREE with noles_fan. If not for the fact the game is at Tank, it very well could be the other way around this year...

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

We've heard it before many many times from the Burg fans about what they got back and what they got for the poor Tigers. Its always the Burgs year to beat the Tigers, yet except for what 5 times in 20 years the Tigers have come out victorious.

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

tigercannon71 wrote:We've heard it before many many times from the Burg fans about what they got back and what they got for the poor Tigers. Its always the Burgs year to beat the Tigers, yet except for what 5 times in 20 years the Tigers have come out victorious.
You are missing one thing here....I'm not a burg fan!!!

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

noles_fan wrote:
tigercannon71 wrote:We've heard it before many many times from the Burg fans about what they got back and what they got for the poor Tigers. Its always the Burgs year to beat the Tigers, yet except for what 5 times in 20 years the Tigers have come out victorious.
Doesnt matter if you are or not.
Last edited by Tigercannon71 on Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

Burg by 14

Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

It's true tigercannon! Pirates ARE going to win this year at the tank! Don't worry though, I'm sure that your tigers might win against the Pirates sometime in the later years..... maybe but until then Da Burg is coming to WIN!!!!! :twisted:

Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

Burg by 28

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

PirateFan2 wrote:It's true tigercannon! Pirates ARE going to win this year at the tank! Don't worry though, I'm sure that your tigers might win against the Pirates sometime in the later years..... maybe but until then Da Burg is coming to WIN!!!!! :twisted:

If they do ok that's fine. I mean you guys are due a win sometime in this series. We cant win them all.

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

tigercannon71 wrote:
noles_fan wrote:
Doesnt matter of you are or not.
Sure it does since you said "we've heard it before many many times from the Burg fans". So evidently its not just the Burg fans saying it this year.

Fan of The Blue and Gold
Freshman Team

Post by Fan of The Blue and Gold »

I believe this is Wheelersburg's year to win this game. If my information is correct, Burg is a senior dominant team while Ironton is young with a couple veterans sprinkled in the mix. The good thing for Ironton is the pressure is really on Wheelersburg. Wheelersburg is the team that has to win this game and really win their region. They have been working for this opportunity for the past couple years. Best of luck to both squads on a successful and healthy season.

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

tigercannon71 wrote:
PirateFan2 wrote:It's true tigercannon! Pirates ARE going to win this year at the tank! Don't worry though, I'm sure that your tigers might win against the Pirates sometime in the later years..... maybe but until then Da Burg is coming to WIN!!!!! :twisted:

If they do ok that's fine. I mean you guys are due a win sometime in this series. We cant win them all.
Tell that to Alexander as they have 1 win vs. NY... the streak was almost up to 40 at one point...

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

I'm sure Ironton would love to put the target on burgs back for the game, however even with Ironton being young, Ironton still is very talented and has a very large line. The younger kids are playing like they are experienced, as usual, Ironton don't rebuild they reload. Should be a great game.

Gray Fighting Tiger
Varsity

Post by Gray Fighting Tiger »

This game, of late being the season opener, generally serves as a good indicator of Ironton's success (or lack thereof) for the remainder of the season. As always, I'm hoping for a Fighting Tiger victory but I don't think it will be easy.

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

Ironton has 2 weeks to sure up their line play on both sides of the ball. If Burg can establish an inside running game to go with their passing attack it could be a long night for the Tigers.

SOCMAN05
Freshman Team

Post by SOCMAN05 »

Burg should win this one but the SOC 2 conference is going to be brutal this year !

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Did anyone go watch the Burg and Chilly scrimmage?

Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

I was there and watched it. IMO Burg look pretty good. Their passing game look right on the money! From both Burgs QBs hitting their targets nicely! The receivers seemed like they could catch anything around them. When it came to Burgs running game, it just looked so so????? looked like they have a few bugs to work out or Chillis D is just that good! Chilli tried passing a lil against the Burg but had lil to no success. Burgs Def. backs were intercepting the balls or knocking them down it seemed like. Chillis run looked realy good or Burgs run def. wasn't playing to well???? Chilli had a really fast running back later in the scrimmage that ran the ball well. They also had a big nose guard that didn't let to much past him as long as he could stay on his feet.....he seemed to get tired on the second series and just got pushed down on his face as he got tired quickly.

Return to “Football”