Week 1: Vinton Co-33 Unioto-20 Final

vctransplant
All Conference

Re: Week 1: Unioto (SVC) @ Vinton County (TVC-O)

Post by vctransplant »

doubleplay643 wrote:
Dundas wrote:Good breakdown sagraves.
doubleplay.. Caudill is playing. He will be a starting tight end and I believe he played some corner and linebacker last year so either one of those positions on defense. He will be a sophomore this year.
Kid is and is going to be a player, and football not even his best sport. Coaching staff needs to find a way to get him some touches in addition to Ousley. VC has some upside and probably gonna surprise some people and win a few that no one was expecting them to in my opinion.
Kid is a player :-D !! And football is his best sport. That boy is a force at that D/End spot :twisted: And when he learns route running from the tight end as well as the split watch out. Another weapon for Long and the Vikes!! 6 days Boys!!!! Go Vikes!!

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

How did Unioto do in their jamboree game?

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

Haven't heard yet. Know they played Courthouse.

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

Found out that Courthouse's 1's beat the Tank's 1's by a point.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

I think this is going to be a pretty good game. Probably a one or two score game either way. Could come down to turnovers.
Last edited by Dundas on Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

4 days. Count down is on!!! GO VIKES

HustlinHornet
Waterboy

Post by HustlinHornet »

Dundas wrote:How did Unioto do in their jamboree game?
Unioto seemed to grind it out, moving the ball effectively in small-mid (5-6 yd) sized increments.

Courthouse was hit and miss. Pretty ineffective (1-2 yds) for 5-6 plays, then a big play or two (15-20 yds), etc.

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

One more day. Can't wait!!!! GO VIKES!!!!!!!!!

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Gameday is upon us. Its time for Vinton County to answer the question. Are we back? Is it the rebirthing of VC football or are we still in the hole we crawled into 5 years ago? Its time to silence the critics. Go Vikes!

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

Looking forward to catching the Viking first victory of the year.Go Vikes

VIKED_MAN
Varsity

Post by VIKED_MAN »

Dundas wrote:Gameday is upon us. Its time for Vinton County to answer the question. Are we back? Is it the rebirthing of VC football or are we still in the hole we crawled into 5 years ago? Its time to silence the critics. Go Vikes!
Hey Dundas. My first post on here in over a year. I am totally back from Alabama now and reside in the Dundas Metro-Area! I got back last year to see one basketball game vikes vs fairland @ convo.
I was at the jamboree last Friday, and liked what I saw. I will be there tonight also. My only concern about this group is that the Vikes must remain healthy because they are not deep (experience wise) at any position. Timmy Ousley is a "STUD"! My ole buddy Max Ward look good at reciever, but Andy needs to know he has other guys that can catch too. If they can avoid the injury bug, I think a 5-5 season is not impossible!

GO VIKES

VIKED_MAN
Varsity

Post by VIKED_MAN »

[quote="Dundas"]Series history..

2012: 38-15 Unioto
2011: 35-14 Unioto
2010: 33-7 Unioto
2009: 21-12 Unioto
2008: 39-19 Vinton Co.
2007: 31-15 Vinton Co.
2006: 26-0 Vinton Co.
1973: 39-6 Unioto
1972: 20-0 Unioto
1971: 27-8 Unioto

Dundas you sure about the score of the game in 1973? I remember that game it was played in a blinding snow storm during the first half, yes snow storm in October! It was the year we only played 4 games due to a teacher's strike (1-3). I know the tanks won, but for some reason remember the score bieng closer. In 71 VC went 0-10, but was in several games until the end, one game ended on a saftey which gave us Vikes a 2-point loss.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Yea its right. The score was Unioto 26-6 @ half.. so they must have had their snow shoes on haha
The game in 71 you are referring to was a two point loss against Federal Hocking 8-6

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

I love the Shermans athleticism and commitment to the run. I think they will grind the clock and pull out a one score W, 17-14.

VIKED_MAN
Varsity

Post by VIKED_MAN »

Dundas wrote:Yea its right. The score was Unioto 26-6 @ half.. so they must have had their snow shoes on haha
The game in 71 you are referring to was a two point loss against Federal Hocking 8-6
Maybe the snow was in the second half :) yes that was a 2-point loss to Fed Hoc at home. Our punt snap went out of the end zone to break a 6-6 deadlock.
We lost three other 4th-quarter games that year by 4 points each. We had another 6 point loss the rest were blowouts, how close a winless season could have been 5&5. Our worst defeat was to Warren 49-0.

VIKED_MAN
Varsity

Post by VIKED_MAN »

danicalifornia wrote:I love the Shermans athleticism and commitment to the run. I think they will grind the clock and pull out a one score W, 17-14.
If VC plays the run like in the jambaree vs Huntington, I do not think the Shermans will grind it out. If memory serves the Huntsmen beat Unioto last season in the ole grind-r-out fashion with a few big plays on both sides to make the score look like a shootout.
The Vikes will be ready to play!

GO VIKES

Eaglepapaw
S

Re: Week 1: Vinton Co-33 Unioto-20 Final

Post by Eaglepapaw »

Just got back from Viking country and enjoyed watching the Vikes get their 1st win of the season.Vikes are much improved this year and will make a good showing in the TVC this year,I saw you Dundas and vctransplant though I didn't get a chance to speak to you.I believe your predictions on a good season for the Vikes just might come true.

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

danicalifornia wrote:I love the Shermans athleticism and commitment to the run. I think they will grind the clock and pull out a one score W, 17-14.
Well we didn't quite get 35 Danica but 33 was enough. Should have been more. And if we don't make some mental mistakes the tanks don't score 20. I give them tanks credit they do hit. Staten, Parker, and that #10 are some tough tough kids. Mid season if the U stays healthy is gonna be hard to deal with. Watch out svc. Hope the young man that left in the squad from the U is ok. Good luck the rest of the way.

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

Congrats Vikes!!

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

1-0
9 more to go!

Return to “Football”