2013 Vinton County Vikings

Amarranavajas
Freshman Team

Re: 2013 Vinton County Vikings

Post by Amarranavajas »

It is such a shame to see the VC program in such disarray. Hopefully Justice can turn the thing around soon, before they run him out of town.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Vinton County travels down 93 to Coal Grove this Wednesday night to scrimmage the Hornets at 7:00 pm. The Vikings had their hands full against The Grove last season while starting many freshman and sophomores. This year, they are a little bigger, quicker and stronger. Andy Long should be much improved at quarterback and there are a few players that came out this season that didn't a year ago. Coal Grove will be very strong again this year and I think this will be a good early test for VC to see how much they've improved. Lets just hope for a clean scrimmage with no injuries. VC lost their starting tailback last year before the season started in a scrimmage at Huntington and we don't want to repeat that!

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

Dundas wrote:VC has had scrimmages with Coal Grove the past few years and have been exposed a good bit lol. CG has had a very good team over that time period and I expect they will again this year so hopefully this years Vikings can hang with them a little more as I'm sure they will.
I was actually surprised VC linedup against Gallia in the 7 on 7 today as they play each other this fall.
Sorry I have been off line for a while. My internet was out for a while. Back on line with you all again. We actually lined up against both Piketon and Gallia and the boys did well against both teams. Keep in mind Gallia has a new young coach and is putting in a new offense. Once they get a good grasp on the spread as opposed to the wing t they will be a force. And the streaks graduated 17 seniors so they are young again. What I liked was how physical VC was against Gallia. They acted like they belonged out there with them. The attitude of this team is way different then the past few years. I personally know of 2 players that played skilled positions last year who decided they would go play O line to help give there team a better chance at winning. They are becoming a team. A name to remember this year JT Hayes. He really compliments Ousley at the other linebacker. Gonna be a fun season. I cant wait to see the Vikes down at Coal Grove on the 14th.

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

kvnchambers wrote:well i only saw vinton county varsity one time in the scrimmage as we spent most of our time on the other field. They held their own against gallia academy is i was most impressed with their defense. neither team really did much against the other team in the scrimmage and i would call it a draw, to maybe even a slight advantage to vinton county. Gallia didn't really look good against anyone and the only team i would say the beat was alexander. with that said the gallia is still playing a ton of kids and are still learning a new offense this team will look much different in 6 weeks at kick off of first game.
Long threw 2 Tds to Gallias 1 And Ousley got a Pick.

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

hawkeyepierce wrote:I was told that the Vikings were 4-1 during the 7 on 7 at Alexander. Their only loss was to Shadyside at 4-3. The Vikings also finished fourth out of eight teams in the linemen challenge. But, this is 7 on 7, nobody is hitting anybody. Therefore, I am eager to see the Vikings week one.
Your source was correct. The Vikes would have finished better in the lineman challenge had 2 of their linemen not been participating in 7 on 7's as linebackers. They are 2 of the strongest players on the team and missed out on the bench competition.

louie_15
Freshman Team

Post by louie_15 »

win some games!!!

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

louie_15 wrote:win some games!!!
Even week 10 Louie? :lol: The Boys should win a few more than last year, and be alot more competitive too. See ya week 10 and good luck till then.

louie_15
Freshman Team

Post by louie_15 »

vctransplant wrote:
louie_15 wrote:win some games!!!
Even week 10 Louie? :lol: The Boys should win a few more than last year, and be alot more competitive too. See ya week 10 and good luck till then.
EXCEPT for week 10!! Lol! If i had it my way we would both be 9-0 coming into week 10! Im sure u guys are better, VC cant stay down forever.

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

I think we are getting there. Would be cool if the were playing for the league title in week 10 wouldnt it. Yeah well, we can dream. Just gotta keep supporting them. Neither program wont be down forever.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Sounds like the Vikings fared better this year in their scrimmage vs Coal Grove.

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

Dundas wrote:Sounds like the Vikings fared better this year in their scrimmage vs Coal Grove.
Looked a lot better than in years past.

GAHSGurlie
Waterboy

Post by GAHSGurlie »

From what I saw, this years team will be a tough opponent.. Between Timmy Ousley and Hayes, the running game is very solid. Now, add in Andy Long's arm AND running ability. Boy, the Vikings are looking great. They must stay healthy though. Lack of depth will kill them. Anybody hear anything about how Markie Thompson is doing?

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Markie did in fact break his ankle. Its a huge loss up front but I have heard that he may be back before league play begins if everything goes smoothly. Lets hope it does.

Ny92
Freshman Team

Post by Ny92 »

I would love to see the vikings get that program rolling again. I remeber in the early 90's when the old field was a tough place to play .

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

ny92 wrote:I would love to see the vikings get that program rolling again. I remeber in the early 90's when the old field was a tough place to play .
Can you believe since VC has moved to the new stadium (2000) they only have two winning seasons. 2003 6-4 and 2004 8-2. Maybe we should play some throwback games on high street! Lol

Seriously though, the more I see/hear how this group is doing so far, I don't doubt they could be the third winning team on the new VCHS field. Which by the way, needs a NAME! lol

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

That is very interesting Dundas. Guess I didnt think about that. Do blieve This team could be the ones to turn this around. With the recent tradgedy these boys have a huge motivator, and now have more than a chip on their shoulder. They have an angel too. 13 days and counting.
GO VIKES!!!!

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Vinton County will host Huntington-Ross in a jamboree game tomorrow night in McArthur. Last year this game ended in a 26 all tie but during the "varsity portion" of the game, the Huntsman built a 3 score lead before VC's reserves came back to tie it late. This will have the look and feel of a regular season game and since VC only has 4 home games this season, I urge the Viking Nation to come and show some support. Its the "Rebirthing" of VC football! You won't want to miss it!

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

Here We go boys!!!

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

Nicely done last night. Pretty well balanced on offense. Varsity D pitched a shut out. 6 days till them Tanks. GO VIKES!!

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

5days. Cant wait. GO VIKES!!!!!!

Return to “Football”