Minford 2015

4thgoal
SEOPS

Re: Minford 2015

Post by 4thgoal »

I don't think any 1 style, whether it is the I, T, or spread offense is always going to work. I think each coach needs to have their own philosphy of what type of formation is their base, but each year you have to adapt to what athletes are available to you. I don't think it is as much about formation as it is play calling within the formation. You can run from the spread and pass from the I, you just have to call the plays that best fit your personnel....

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

4th n Goal wrote:I don't think any 1 style, whether it is the I, T, or spread offense is always going to work. I think each coach needs to have their own philosphy of what type of formation is their base, but each year you have to adapt to what athletes are available to you. I don't think it is as much about formation as it is play calling within the formation. You can run from the spread and pass from the I, you just have to call the plays that best fit your personnel....
I agree. Talent comes and goes every year. Speed and ability from the skill positions and ability to run and pass block change according to the kids you have. It doesn't dictate scrapping the entire offense that the kids have been accustomed to since Jr high and before.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Full house, bone, wingt should stay at the pee wee level. College teams only run that style as an option. It's obvious that a spread option is popular now. You have to account for more skilled players spread out. Pro I or split backs is the best balanced position in my opinion

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

Its popular now, and works as long as the QB is dynamic, the line can block and you're not counting on misdirection in the backfield.

Wheelersburg is the only local team I can think of right off the top of my head that had success in this area with the spread. Of course having Eddie Miller Jr to break in the spread offense was a big help! And they had a solid running back and a very good line.

I think its safe to say they could have mastered the wing t, wishbone, or other run primary offenses and still been fine. With a good qb you can still throw the ball very effectively out of any of those offenses except the full house.

big-train
Freshman Team

Post by big-train »

watch football on sundays ,when you half equal talent and speed on defense then see how your beloved spread works
they run the ball and play action pass even at the college level there is still to many mismatches and that's why it works
speed is a must and a good qb to do the spread any justice

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

big-train wrote:watch football on sundays ,when you half equal talent and speed on defense then see how your beloved spread works
they run the ball and play action pass even at the college level there is still to many mismatches and that's why it works
speed is a must and a good qb to do the spread any justice

Ding....ding....ding.....

We have a winner!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I believe the nfl uses it all. Can Newton runs the spread option and it's very effective. Mariotta will do the same thing. High school has to play to their strengths. The t formation is simple and easy to implement.

Anonymous_Falcon_Fan
Freshman Team

Post by Anonymous_Falcon_Fan »

WOW!!! All these most-recent posts, and I didn't learn a thing!!! LMAO!!! There's nothing new to what was just said. Of course your line has to block!!! Of course all players must know their assignments!! But then again, some of u evidently must think that u have to have a Braxton Miller @ QB to even think about running the spread. Yes, he has to be a good athlete, but he doesn't have to be the next coronation of Miller. Don't we have a QB who threw 3 TD passes in a win vs. Waverly as a Freshmen??? He must have some kind of talent.

big-train, REALLY???!!! the NFL!!!??? of course they are all good athletes in which all d-linemen run below 5 seconds flat, so that , IMHO, is a bad example.

From what I have experienced, there's a reason that more and more high school and college football teams are running some sort of spread. It's simply the way the game is changing. There are more advantages than disadvantages.

Badboy, as for u pal, u must know who I am, and since u supposedly do, then u ought to come bring your happy @$$ over next to where I sit at on Friday nights. Then, we can talk plenty more. And believe me, I have plenty more to say, just too inappropriate for this site. I am NOT the only one (by a longshot) who thinks this way.

As I said earlier in this thread, Minford has plenty of good talented players who were mostly younger last year. With that experience, I hope it transitions to another playoff appearance, especially since we are back to where we belong in division 5. I believe that regardless of what offense we run, we will have good enough players to make it.

I will say no more on this site, until I have seen my first Minford game of 2015, and I am looking forward to doing just that. Can't wait for fall!!!

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

there is enough talent on this Minford team to have a great season this year if it is utilized and players are in the right positions to contribute to the team and not have just a hand full of players doing the bulk of the work.

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

Agreed the talent level is better this year. I think we will see a big difference on this team now that those freshman, sophomores and juniors are a year older, stronger and have more experience.

High Plains Drifter
Freshman Team

Post by High Plains Drifter »

Also agree, Falcon will be better than a lot of people think. Yes it will take 12 kids going hard rather than a select few.

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

According to the OHSAA site, Fairland is the only scheduled scrimmage.

Do they have another scrimmage scheduled?

big-train
Freshman Team

Post by big-train »

AFF,
really its the perfect example if you argue that point your foolish

big-train
Freshman Team

Post by big-train »

AFF,
come on I know you are there :lol: :lol: :lol:

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

He is too busy trying to Google search a rebuttal to the good points you made in your posts.

I'd say his face is as red as his hair right about now.......

knowledge
All Conference

Post by knowledge »

Okay so who will be the key players on both sides of the ball? Glad to be back around to watch more then one game a year!

Anonymous_Falcon_Fan
Freshman Team

Post by Anonymous_Falcon_Fan »

big-train wrote:AFF,
come on I know you are there :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yes, big-train, I'm listening. I will post again when i have seen my first Minford game of 2015. Until then....... 8)

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

knowledge wrote:Okay so who will be the key players on both sides of the ball? Glad to be back around to watch more then one game a year!
Welcome back Knowledge. Should be a good season to watch.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Badboy wrote:
Anonymous_Falcon_Fan wrote:LMAO!!! big-train, Other Schools?? How about we focus on what's best for Minford, not other schools.....

If that's really the case, then why is a school like Ironton not winning anymore state championships???? Or a school like St. Mary's???

Each of those schools ran some form of Wing-T for about 50 years.

Ironton didn't run a wing t. They ran a power I. Lutz might have thrown the ball 5 times a game. He would run the same power all night until the other team could stop it.

Kirkland runs a wing t if I'm not mistaken. They have won several state titles lately. Clinton Massie and Coldwater run the wing T. It's safe to say they have had success with it. Many schools have won state titles recently with the wing t.
I Ironton also ran a ton of T formations in those years as well. Lutz ran it because he had the power game locked down. Also Cold-water is a spread team and they kill it every year. It doesn't take a genius to figure out how to run it year in and year out. Put your best players in the best spot and run it. It's a numbers game. You get the defense outnumbered on one side of the ball and that's where you go. Pick routes, stack routes. You have limitless options. A defense can only account for so many things. So you give them one more than they can handle. It's the evolution of the game. People play and coach smarter, instead of stronger. Simplicity at its finest.

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

Good Luck Minford.

Return to “Football”