WK1 Wheelersburg @ Ironton

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: WHEELERSBURG @IRONTON.WEEK 1 -YOUR THOUGHTS.

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

the fighting tigers filled their opening with AAAA ky. powerhouse beechwood, ky. as well yesterday.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

RedsFan wrote:The Burg didn't drop CG. CG dropped Burg after going 0-3 against them the past 3 years!

No sorry to burst your bubble. Burg dropped Coal Grove. They called and started asking about getting out of the contract.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:the fighting tigers filled their opening with AAAA ky. powerhouse beechwood, ky. as well yesterday.
Beechwood is 1A in KY and D6 (last season) in OH, but they're a heck of a Football Team.

Looking forward to watching another exciting game between the Fighting Tigers and the Pirates.

Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

tigercannon71 wrote:
RedsFan wrote:The Burg didn't drop CG. CG dropped Burg after going 0-3 against them the past 3 years!

No sorry to burst your bubble. Burg dropped Coal Grove. They called and started asking about getting out of the contract.
don't know where you got your information from but........Burg didn't resign with cg because, even though they played Burg very well, cg seemed to not do so well with all their other opponents. and therefore not really helping Burg with points towards the play-off picture. I think Burg is looking at it in a win/win strategy and maybe trying to pick up another school that will help them point wise. jmo

Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

Burg will play pretty much anybody and not back down! so its definitely not a scared thing thats for sure!

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

Looking forward to a good game if Ironton can control the ball and not turn it over they can beat Burg but that is a big if.
Burg will be quick like always and I am sure they will be confident and wanting to score quick and control the game.
Could be a classic if both teams play to their abuility may both teams come out healthy is the key

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

I'm going with the FT.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Time for Ol' Jolly P to get in the mix since I see Kittycannon is ll over this whole Burg/CG thing. If I do remember correctly he was the one who predicted an Ironton take over week 12. From that history I will say this. Ironton has to throw away that playbook from last year and start completely over. That will be the only chance they have.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

ohbuckeye2 wrote:
You're Tiger Bait wrote:the fighting tigers filled their opening with AAAA ky. powerhouse beechwood, ky. as well yesterday.
Beechwood is 1A in KY and D6 (last season) in OH, but they're a heck of a Football Team.

Looking forward to watching another exciting game between the Fighting Tigers and the Pirates.

my bad that's what I saw somewhere else. but can't remember where. possibly facebook. I know they have a powerhouse program in ky. but I had no idea what size. I just repeated what I had seen somewhere else.but I'm tickled to death to fill the opening with a good quality team.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Jolly P(irate) wrote:Time for Ol' Jolly P to get in the mix since I see Kittycannon is ll over this whole Burg/CG thing. If I do remember correctly he was the one who predicted an Ironton take over week 12. From that history I will say this. Ironton has to throw away that playbook from last year and start completely over. That will be the only chance they have.
also the same person that said after week 12 and a 38-7 loss that ironton was clearly the better and more talented team, not just better but 5tds better :lol:

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

fbnut wrote:
Jolly P(irate) wrote:Time for Ol' Jolly P to get in the mix since I see Kittycannon is ll over this whole Burg/CG thing. If I do remember correctly he was the one who predicted an Ironton take over week 12. From that history I will say this. Ironton has to throw away that playbook from last year and start completely over. That will be the only chance they have.
also the same person that said after week 12 and a 38-7 loss that ironton was clearly the better and more talented team, not just better but 5tds better :lol:
:lol: Fool's gold. They played a weak schedule and thought they were "back". I enjoyed watching both "upsets" myself.

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

This year will be ALL TIGERS. TIGERS "BIG" this year.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I likes how you thinks.

Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

I think it will still be a closer game then what some might think

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I look for another really exciting close game.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

tigercannon71 wrote:

I,don't believe it for a second. Why would a team who has won the first three games back out of the last game. Just lime in the 90's they backed out

siderman57
Freshman Team

Post by siderman57 »

tigercannon71 wrote:Burg dropped Coal Grove because they knew that they didn't have anything coming back and they didn't want to risk losing to the Hornets next season. This comes from sources very very close to the Burg.

LOL... BLA, BLA, BLA... Time will tell..... Burg is down and Ironton is better.. After the 2 game blowouts last year..... I will say Burg 42 and Ironton 21

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Sport Fan wrote:
tigercannon71 wrote:Burg dropped Coal Grove because they knew that they didn't have anything coming back and they didn't want to risk losing to the Hornets next season. This comes from sources very very close to the Burg.

LOL... BLA, BLA, BLA... Time will tell..... Burg is down and Ironton is better.. After the 2 game blowouts last year..... I will say Burg 42 and Ironton 21
Lost all credibility with his first statement, it's just not true. Burg lost some very good players but they return a lot of good players. Funny 2years ago when the millers graduated people were saying no way they will be as good after losing all those stats. I think most people would agree they did ok last year :lol:

Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

I will agree! :lol:

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

This year will be all Tigers. Different team altogether than last year. Last year there were a couple of kids really wanting it, this year I see more back in the weight room. I would always like to see more, but I have seen a commitment from the coaching staff and from the kids who plan on being starters and main back ups. Hopefully more will start showing up and make themselves better. The work before the season is what makes the difference durring the season. Ironton is very talented this year. One of those years that it has fallen that way. Let's see what happens with it.

Return to “Football”