WK-4 Northwest @ Minford

marshallman
Varsity

Re: WK-4 Northwest @ Minford

Post by marshallman »

Falconfan09 wrote:
marshallman wrote:There was no 3 back, 1 TE, 1 WR, QB under center formation we are use to seeing in this game. That's the wing T that is gone. Its spread, shotgun and motion now.
You do realize that almost every play minford ran was a wing t play. Just out of multiple formations the tight ends touchdown was under center in the double wing and both of the fullbacks touchdowns was under center lol but if you want to think it wasn't and keep believing the spread is the answer then keep on keeping on. The wing t is the answer for this teams personnel. Great win by the Falcons great to see long clock eating drives not 3 and outs and gaining 1 yard. Northwest should compete for another title. Time for the Falcons to rest up and get ready for a huge showdown next week as Bishop Ready comes to town.
. Read it again, its the formation change, call it what you want, spread wing T or star . But Minford base was the old 3 back set behind the QB under center, they would hardly ever go with shotgun in the past.

big_fella
Freshman Team

Post by big_fella »

3 or 4 of the touchdowns scored was out of right or left which is a one TE two wings a fullback and a single wr which is the most traditional wing t set. Oh and it was under center I'm glad it's back and i hope it's here to stay.

big_fella
Freshman Team

Post by big_fella »

If by 3 backs you mean a double tight T or full house back set minford has never ran that maybe one play ever it's always been one fullback and double wings. Hence the name wing T.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Mohawks got familiar with the ole woodshed last night.

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

they do not run the wing T of the past, I'm talking about the 3 back set behind QB and yes they had that set up until 2013 and started using shotgun and some east and west formations which is a spread. there was wings that would split out with FB in middle and do the buck sweep and the wings would line up outside the tackles. QB was mostly under center.

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

Falconfan09 wrote:If by 3 backs you mean a double tight T or full house back set minford has never ran that maybe one play ever it's always been one fullback and double wings. Hence the name wing T.
I recall Bob Ashley running this a little bit in 2005, with the T formation.

Return to “Football”