Minford@Portsmouth West

big_fella
Freshman Team

Re: Minford@Portsmouth West

Post by big_fella »

Westfan wrote:
FIDO (Forget It Drive On) wrote:Congrats to West...I can't for the life of me figure out this Falcon's team...Something is amiss in Muletown...
I can't figure where these expectations come from every year. They're big, slow, and not very skilled.
There's wasn't really any expectations for this minford besides to go play with everything they have everyweek which they do. on offense yes we are kinda slow but on defense how can you say that? #52 and #62 probably they best defense lineman and linebacker in the conference was everywhere no one out ran them or anyone on our defense for that matter but I will say good about wests kicker it was impressive him making those kicks in those conditions. On offense it's hard to run anything when you only have 2 kids willing to block it's time for some of the boys to have a gut check and realize if they won't to play and win or not.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Falconfan09 wrote:
Westfan wrote:
FIDO (Forget It Drive On) wrote:Congrats to West...I can't for the life of me figure out this Falcon's team...Something is amiss in Muletown...
I can't figure where these expectations come from every year. They're big, slow, and not very skilled.
There's wasn't really any expectations for this minford besides to go play with everything they have everyweek which they do. on offense yes we are kinda slow but on defense how can you say that? #52 and #62 probably they best defense lineman and linebacker in the conference was everywhere no one out ran them or anyone on our defense for that matter but I will say good about wests kicker it was impressive him making those kicks in those conditions. On offense it's hard to run anything when you only have 2 kids willing to block it's time for some of the boys to have a gut check and realize if they won't to play and win or not.
Absolutely 52 and 62 are excellent ball players. I guess it came out wrong, but when I say that I mean big on line but slow and not very skilled at the "skill positions".

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

Good win for West in tough conditions. I think the rain might of help West in this one but still a good win.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

OSU 77 wrote:Good win for West in tough conditions. I think the rain might of help West in this one but still a good win.
Exactly how did the rain favor West? Minford's line is bigger. West is a passing team, Minford is not.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

Bleeding Red wrote:
luvbigcats wrote:
Bleeding Red wrote:Minford seems to be playing well right now. Defensively they are going to make it very hard for West to maintain long drives. I can see West hitting a big play or two, but Minford's defense is going to be hard for West to run against.

Turnovers killed what should have been a big win over a very good Ready team. Hopefully they pick each other back up and come out playing with a chip on their shoulder in SOC play.

Limit the turnovers against this injury depleted West squad and they will roll by 3 TDs.
Glad to see your post Bleeding Red. Don't think I've seen one from you for awhile.

Glad to be back. I have frequented the board on and off but not much posting. I started getting too worked up over some of the people on here that it took the fun out of it. Seems like with the exit of one person in particular, and his 12 usernames, it has cleaned up nicely. Hopefully it stays that way.

Sider still on here? Where oh where is the Oaf hiding these days?
Still on here now and again! Good win for the boys and the program. The one thing West players always have is a fighting spirit. They find a way to win a game or two they shouldn't every year and have at least a respectable season. Its tough to imagine a West team going 2-8....it's only happened twice ever (in the same decade). Hopefully we can get back on track and finish the year with a few wins.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

!
Last edited by vladimir on Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Westfan wrote:
Westfan wrote:
Absolutely 52 and 62 are excellent ball players. I guess it came out wrong, but when I say that I mean big on line but slow and not very skilled at the "skill positions".

This is gonna sound like an excuse but there is some skill out there, you have to remember most of these kids are still underclassman. I know that's still an excuse b/c it's pretty darn bad when you can't get a QB sneak off after a timeout on a 4 and inches without jumping offsides in overtime.

Return to “Football”