Week 7 Valley (6-0, 1-0) vs West (2-4, 1-0)

Westfan
SEOP

Re: Week 7 Valley (6-0, 1-0) vs West (2-4, 1-0)

Post by Westfan »

West had a safety in the middle of the field deep the whole game. Sometimes too deep and the pop pass to the tight end was wide open. The defense is young and actually played well most of the game considering the field position Valley had and the time of possession. Valley is just a good offensive team.

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

We are not young.
Last edited by dreamweaver on Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Westfan wrote:West had a safety in the middle of the field deep the whole game. Sometimes too deep and the pop pass to the tight end was wide open. The defense is young and actually played well most of the game considering the field position Valley had and the time of possession. Valley is just a good offensive team.
Maybe he was too deep often. I was watching on my phone and didn't see him in the picture too many times.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Jolly P(irate) wrote:
smurray wrote:Sounds exactly like Waverly last week. Waverly did well stopping the run but got burnt with the pass often, to the tune of at least 3 wide open TD passes over the middle. Tigers were missing their best defensive back at safety and Valley exploited it.
Waverly's D line was in the backfield often but Rolfe is very poised and smooth.
Got 1 more week to straighten that out.
We've got 2 ;-)

Agentsmith
Riding the Bench

Post by Agentsmith »

And Brian Rolfe is a hell of a qb. Receivers are good too. Felt like steward , and greathouse, ya Zell played jus outstanding defense. West has a great defensive team. Valley is just very good and very diverse.

Agentsmith
Riding the Bench

Post by Agentsmith »

Let's remember Jordan Spradlin and TE Romanello weren't playing

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

They are really missing spradlin and I'm not sure he will be back for the burg game.

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

Congratulations Valley on a nice win.
I thought West did play well at the line of scrimmage. They definitely stopped Valley's run. The receivers for Valley played a great game. Yes, Brian was on.... But the receivers made some very nice catches tonight as well... I saw where it was said (By Jolly Pirate) that Valley has 1 week to get that corrected.... Well, I don't see it that way. The Valley/ Wheelersburg game is what it is. Should be exciting. But to me, Wheelersburg is a bigger school (Not by a lot!!!! But bigger) and they definitely have more depth in that their Sophomore and Junior classes are loaded. I expect a great game that night. BUT, More Importantly to me, I hope we are healthy come week 11 to make another run at the Regionals. There is nothing like playoff football. Bigger than a conference title to me. My Opinion....

Agentsmith
Riding the Bench

Post by Agentsmith »

Amen to that. Rolfe is great and he has superior wr's and a bunch of em. Hope we can beat burg but a deep playoff run sounds perfect to me!

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

I want the Indians to win every game. They have the team to compete with Burg, and it will be a great ballgame.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

chicken_coop wrote:
D_Journey9 wrote:Valley by as many as they want.. Running clock maybe
I wouldn't go that far, West has played well in spurts. Valley is taking this game very seriously, and will be ready to play. I know there is a downpour forecast, but I like what I saw out of Rolfe last week (thanks, VSN highlights) throwing the ball in wet conditions @ Waverly.

I like the Indians...

35-12
Had Valley by 23, and they win by 22...close. lol

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Romanello played some early on offense didn't he?

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

pmow3 wrote:Congratulations Valley on a nice win.
I thought West did play well at the line of scrimmage. They definitely stopped Valley's run. The receivers for Valley played a great game. Yes, Brian was on.... But the receivers made some very nice catches tonight as well... I saw where it was said (By Jolly Pirate) that Valley has 1 week to get that corrected.... Well, I don't see it that way. The Valley/ Wheelersburg game is what it is. Should be exciting. But to me, Wheelersburg is a bigger school (Not by a lot!!!! But bigger) and they definitely have more depth in that their Sophomore and Junior classes are loaded. I expect a great game that night. BUT, More Importantly to me, I hope we are healthy come week 11 to make another run at the Regionals. There is nothing like playoff football. Bigger than a conference title to me. My Opinion....
I hope so too Pmow. I pull for the Indians after week 9. No hate, just having some fun. But if the Oline is struggling they need to work on that. Burg's D is stout to say the least. Something like 24 points in 7 games? That is pretty outstanding if you ask me.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Westfan wrote:Romanello played some early on offense didn't he?
Just a couple plays and shut it down.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Jolly P(irate) wrote:
pmow3 wrote:Congratulations Valley on a nice win.
I hope so too Pmow. I pull for the Indians after week 9. No hate, just having some fun. But if the Oline is struggling they need to work on that. Burg's D is stout to say the least. Something like 24 points in 7 games? That is pretty outstanding if you ask me.
Without a doubt. They are stellar on defense, and so is Valley....I know I've heard a lot of people talking shootout, but I see Burg/Valley being a lower scoring ballgame.

I'll let you dispatch Minford before we get the conversation started up lol.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Agreed. But I still say Burg by 17

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Jolly P(irate) wrote:Agreed. But I still say Burg by 17
Indians by 3

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

Please message me Jolly if you're giving 17.... I'd take any and all action. I Might get beat. (No such things as locks) But I'd feel awfully good about that bet.
That's pmow3...
I'll be hoping for a PM....

LOTS OF EM!!!! lol

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

There is a Little Square Box right underneath my name on the right of my posts.
Simply click on that box and send me your address or phone number and the amount you would like to play for. We can meet before and have a beer or hell, donuts if you want and we can wager!!!
I'll be here!!!
Last edited by pmow3 on Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

Really.!! It's easy. Just hit that little PM Box on the right..... That's +17 correct????

Return to “Football”