Federal Hocking Cancels Season

enigmaax
All State

Re: Federal Hocking Cancels Season

Post by enigmaax »

93Bulldog wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:19 am When the numbers were crunched, they found out it wasn't going to hurt Waterford, Eastern, as much as Trimble.

It's going to cost the Tomcats about 2 full points, most likely dropping them to the No. 4 seed.
Yep, the more points you have, the more it hurts.

But, there have been a few times in R27 where a team needed one more opponent win to jump to #8. Waterford and/or Eastern could end up on that bubble by the end of the season and this decision (the forfeit win instead of lower divisor) could make a little more than a 1 game difference. Lots of variables still, though.

fortdawg
All Conference

Re: ? about Federal Hocking folding after Oct 1

Post by fortdawg »

Let's hope you are right and it doesn't impact them but if I recall correctly Trimble missed the playoff by a pretty small percentage one year.
If I was the three teams I'd like that bird in the hand win against Fed for Miller.
If they were to lose to FC the three get nothing.

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

93Bulldog wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:19 am When the numbers were crunched, they found out it wasn't going to hurt Waterford, Eastern, as much as Trimble.

It's going to cost the Tomcats about 2 full points, most likely dropping them to the No. 4 seed.
But that's what they would have gotten if they'd played FH anyway, so it's not like they're getting penalized. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
ShooterMcgavin
Freshman Team

Post by ShooterMcgavin »

Its not going to hurt as much as everyone thinks. Its counted as a win with score 1-0. Be just like we would have played the game. The devisor will still go down just like every year because of the wahama game

I eat pieces of s;”: like you for breakfast
mattash
Site Admin

Re: ? about Federal Hocking folding after Oct 1

Post by mattash »

Good move by Miller. Fort Frye was a crazy pick up but Green was fair.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

ShooterMcgavin wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:19 pm

Its not going to hurt as much as everyone thinks. Its counted as a win with score 1-0. Be just like we would have played the game. The devisor will still go down just like every year because of the wahama game
If they played it, right. But they aren’t playing it and so it is going to cost teams points by calling it a forfeit as opposed to a no contest.

The line between 4/5 (home game vs road game) has been .3 to .7 the last few years. Trimble losing nearly 2 points could definitely make a difference to them. Hopefully they’ll be far enough out front that it will not cost that.

The divisor, as it relates to Wahama, is largely irrelevant to this.

edforshey
Varsity

Post by edforshey »

The Miller - Fairfield Christian Game wouldn't count cause it was scheduled after Oct 1
So Miller getting a forfeit from Federal hocking still counts

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Thanks for the responses, guys!

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

Mattash if you had just lost 30 something in a row why would you schedule Green who was coming off a playoff appearance?
Not only did you schedule them---you decided it was a good idea to put your kids on a bus for the 2 1/2 or 3 hrs. it took Fed to get there.
Fed could have had their pick of a lot of teams who weren't in the playoffs last year that would have loved to come to Stewart---but a home game does mean more work for an AD.
I wonder how many administrators and teachers made the trip to support the Lancers?

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

Boys, I know I'm sounding off on this but....this isn't an example of a small school running out of kids like Millersport or Rosecrans.
OHSAA has Fed with 127 boys---lack of kids was not the reason the team folded.
The players were let down by the school.

Manwithplan
All State

Post by Manwithplan »

fortdawg wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:12 am I find it surprising that one of the THREE superintendents they have couldn't have seen this coming and prevented it.
You read that right a school this small has 3 superintendents.
1, A regular Super
2, An asst. Super
3, An advisory Super who gets part time pay and full time benefits.
At one time, South Point had a superintendent, and 2 asst. superintendents. 😲

Scottyboy
Riding the Bench

Post by Scottyboy »

fortdawg wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:17 pm Boys, I know I'm sounding off on this but....this isn't an example of a small school running out of kids like Millersport or Rosecrans.
OHSAA has Fed with 127 boys---lack of kids was not the reason the team folded.
The players were let down by the school.
This is so far from the truth. The boys were not let down by the school. Federal Hocking is a wonderful school system that loves their kids, all of their kids. They cancelled due to only 13 players left to play, after injuries and some that quit. The ones that quit were their decisions. Had nothing to do with the coaches, the school, the athletic director, the principal, or anyone else for that matter. How anyone can say the players were let down is beyond me. The decision was made to try to protect them from any more injuries. They did not have any one to sub for rotation or injuries.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Doesn’t Fed Hock have one of the top superintendents in Ohio and was only making $50k a year? I’d pay George Wood whatever he wants to keep him. Fed Hock is just way too rural and small. No one in SEO has numbers in football. It’s a dying sport

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

fortdawg wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:13 pm Mattash if you had just lost 30 something in a row why would you schedule Green who was coming off a playoff appearance?
Not only did you schedule them---you decided it was a good idea to put your kids on a bus for the 2 1/2 or 3 hrs. it took Fed to get there.
Fed could have had their pick of a lot of teams who weren't in the playoffs last year that would have loved to come to Stewart---but a home game does mean more work for an AD.
I wonder how many administrators and teachers made the trip to support the Lancers?
Your right. But Green is not typically a powerhouse. They started the season with 14 players. Maybe a Hannah WV?

Michael Scott
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

They have anything coming back next year?

Maybe they could go club for a little bit and play the SHAC teams. Seems like they have a good thing going.

Michael Scott
fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

Scottyboy, the kids were let down by the administration and school.
How many teachers coach?
Who hired all these people who aren't interested in putting in the extra time with the kids?
Imagine you are a kid sitting in a classroom and someone asks a teacher why they aren't coaching.
The teacher then tells them they don't have the time or inclination to stay after school and put in the work it entails.
Why should we expect the student not to learn from modeling the teacher's behavior?
The only teacher who coaches is the golf coach.

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

Raider6309, he making $50K!
That is impressive for a guy who is working 5 days a month this year.
I know he is getting a full benefit package so add that cost to your figure.
If Federal is such good shape how would you explain the huge number of kids that open enroll to other districts?

oldmo31
Varsity

Post by oldmo31 »

Fort dog,couldn’t agree more.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Federal Hocking has a football coach making 50K a year and they’re only 1-5? That’s a major issue to the taxpayers in my opinion.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Last year, if Trimble would not have played Fed Hock and it was called a "no contest" it would have given Trimble an additional 1.34 on their total Harbin points.

Return to “Football”