Best Playoff Host

MrFirstTake
SE

Re: Best Playoff Host

Post by MrFirstTake »

Yeah and some of the talk you hear in the stands is ridiculous to listen to the whole time plus the bleachers are always cold this time a year

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:37 pm I thought I overheard someone talking about Logan had/gotten instant replay this year. Noreply? Not sure on that.
They used it during the Marietta scrimmage. Don't know about the real games.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I was standing on the fence at NY one night and a 3 foot snake went past. He didn't have the ball so I let him go. I did see the snake along with a couple other guys.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:57 pm
MrFirstTake wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:51 pm
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:42 pm

I like it too. Good for the fans that would rather stand too. Has the easy on the elbow tops all the way around the fence to lean on. Not many schools I've been to have those fence toppers. Nice clean looking stadium and updated nicely.
I mentioned this on another thread how I don’t mind the seating capacity much because I always stand and they bit my head off 😂 😂
Then I'm going to get bit then as well.. :lol: Let them bite, because I like standing too. :lol: I'll bite back on that preference. I always stand. I've tried the seating deal, but much rather stand and follow the ball.

Good call trench. Once a person is trapped in the stands there’s no going back. Nothing worse getting stuck beside some know it all that never played the game to begin with😬

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

noreply66 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:36 pm I was standing on the fence at NY one night and a 3 foot snake went past. He didn't have the ball so I let him go. I did see the snake along with a couple other guys.
:lol: :lol: :lol: The snake wanted to watch the game too, and he got in free of charge. :lol: :lol: :lol:

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

countywide35 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:47 pm
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:57 pm
MrFirstTake wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:51 pm

I mentioned this on another thread how I don’t mind the seating capacity much because I always stand and they bit my head off 😂 😂
Then I'm going to get bit then as well.. :lol: Let them bite, because I like standing too. :lol: I'll bite back on that preference. I always stand. I've tried the seating deal, but much rather stand and follow the ball.

Good call trench. Once a person is trapped in the stands there’s no going back. Nothing worse getting stuck beside some know it all that never played the game to begin with😬
I knew of a guy way back when up on Logan's old hill top field. They had what they called a he(( raisers association group and always set on the visitors side to stir things up for the opposing team. Well to make a long story short. One night/game he and his group stirred things up too much. The always set in the upper right hand corner of the stands. Couple bigger looking guys/visiting fans picked him up and threw him off the back of the stands from the top, then they left. :lol: :lol: Never caught the guys either. He was lucky he never got seriously injured. EMS was down there, but I never did find out all what happened. I see him from time to time and he just laughs about it when mentioned. :lol: :lol:

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:49 pm
noreply66 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:36 pm I was standing on the fence at NY one night and a 3 foot snake went past. He didn't have the ball so I let him go. I did see the snake along with a couple other guys.
:lol: :lol: :lol: The snake wanted to watch the game too, and he got in free of charge. :lol: :lol: :lol:

😂😂😂

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

The obvious ones are the cream of the crop when it comes to hosting playoff games (Jackson,Valley, Logan, Chili). NY is small but it’s a great atmosphere for a game, the people always pull out all the stops for the visiting teams, even when Valley beat us in round one and then the state decided that we should host them round two adding salt to the wound lol. The concessions are great, parking is nice, Steve does an excellent job at announcing games as well, one of the best around in my opinion. Also in the past NY has had two gates open for entry I believe could be wrong, that’s always nice for flow and can keep fans separated a bit. For the standers like myself the top of the bleachers are perfect for standing and there is a nice elevated standing area in front of the concession stands as well. Hope you all enjoy Saturday night.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

NY BUCK wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:22 pm The obvious ones are the cream of the crop when it comes to hosting playoff games (Jackson,Valley, Logan, Chili). NY is small but it’s a great atmosphere for a game, the people always pull out all the stops for the visiting teams, even when Valley beat us in round one and then the state decided that we should host them round two adding salt to the wound lol. The concessions are great, parking is nice, Steve does an excellent job at announcing games as well, one of the best around in my opinion. Also in the past NY has had two gates open for entry I believe could be wrong, that’s always nice for flow and can keep fans separated a bit. For the standers like myself the top of the bleachers are perfect for standing and there is a nice elevated standing area in front of the concession stands as well. Hope you all enjoy Saturday night.
We will have one gate for general admission and a pass gate for those who will be getting passes. Their will be signs that you can't miss to direct where to park.
Media, busses, and passes will use the first entrance to the field off of route 78. Their will be a big electronic sign there on loan from ODOT, general admission people will enter through the 12th Street entrance to the parking lot.
Ridgewood sold all 500 presale tickets in am hour today.
I believe Ironton was pretty close to that within 2 hours of selling theirs.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Orange and Brown wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:46 pm
NY BUCK wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:22 pm The obvious ones are the cream of the crop when it comes to hosting playoff games (Jackson,Valley, Logan, Chili). NY is small but it’s a great atmosphere for a game, the people always pull out all the stops for the visiting teams, even when Valley beat us in round one and then the state decided that we should host them round two adding salt to the wound lol. The concessions are great, parking is nice, Steve does an excellent job at announcing games as well, one of the best around in my opinion. Also in the past NY has had two gates open for entry I believe could be wrong, that’s always nice for flow and can keep fans separated a bit. For the standers like myself the top of the bleachers are perfect for standing and there is a nice elevated standing area in front of the concession stands as well. Hope you all enjoy Saturday night.
We will have one gate for general admission and a pass gate for those who will be getting passes. Their will be signs that you can't miss to direct where to park.
Media, busses, and passes will use the first entrance to the field off of route 78. Their will be a big electronic sign there on loan from ODOT, general admission people will enter through the 12th Street entrance to the parking lot.

Tix went fast !!! No surprise and GREAT to hear !!

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

I really liked the stadium valley played Kirkland in 2014 I think it was new Albany

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Izladoom wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:35 pm I really liked the stadium valley played Kirkland in 2014 I think it was new Albany
If it was there they do have a really nice stadium

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Are you guys bringing in any extra bleachers?? Also where does the band sit? Is there small bleachers on the field for them or are they designated to the stands to take up more seating?

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

portsmouth_98 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:00 am Yeah, the extreme south central part of the state is much better at stadiums. I guess if you live in Columbus you probably go to Buckeye games or travel 90 minutes either way up 71 and watch pro football so high school is kind of forgotten. Portsmouth for example has 20,000 people and had 2 stadiums , Spartan held 8500 at peak configuration, probably closer to 7500 or so now and has 10 acres of gravel and old pavement to park on. The Clark family left a ridiculous money to help build the new stadium, something like 10 million, which allows us to have a 5500 seat modern stadium for a school that struggles to maintain d5 status. I believe all the SOC 2 schools but West have turf now as well as most of the OVC. You don't don't find this stuff everywhere, Valley has a ridiculously nice and good sized stadium for d6. Even perennialy struggling teams and very rural schools like Rock Hill and Northwest have great facilities.
Minford doesn't have turf either.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

greygoose wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:55 am
Are you guys bringing in any extra bleachers?? Also where does the band sit? Is there small bleachers on the field for them or are they designated to the stands to take up more seating?
The bands will sit in the endzones. Extra bleachers would end up being pointless because we would only be able to bring in little league type bleachers and you wouldn't be able to see well sitting on them.
Ridgewood AD told us they have a very small stadium so their fans are used to standing and most prefer it to sitting.
Both coaching staffs have visited the school and are happy with the facility.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

PirateFan[69] wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:31 am
portsmouth_98 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:00 am Yeah, the extreme south central part of the state is much better at stadiums. I guess if you live in Columbus you probably go to Buckeye games or travel 90 minutes either way up 71 and watch pro football so high school is kind of forgotten. Portsmouth for example has 20,000 people and had 2 stadiums , Spartan held 8500 at peak configuration, probably closer to 7500 or so now and has 10 acres of gravel and old pavement to park on. The Clark family left a ridiculous money to help build the new stadium, something like 10 million, which allows us to have a 5500 seat modern stadium for a school that struggles to maintain d5 status. I believe all the SOC 2 schools but West have turf now as well as most of the OVC. You don't don't find this stuff everywhere, Valley has a ridiculously nice and good sized stadium for d6. Even perennialy struggling teams and very rural schools like Rock Hill and Northwest have great facilities.
I heard they have end zones there now though.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Orange and Brown wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:32 am

The bands will sit in the endzones. Extra bleachers would end up being pointless because we would only be able to bring in little league type bleachers and you wouldn't be able to see well sitting on them.
Ridgewood AD told us they have a very small stadium so their fans are used to standing and most prefer it to sitting.
Thanks for the info, gates opening at 5:30??

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

greygoose wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:10 am
Orange and Brown wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:32 am

Thanks for the info, gates opening at 5:30??
That is correct. Gates open at 5:30

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

portsmouth_98 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:44 am
PirateFan[69] wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:31 am
I heard they have end zones there now though.
I know when Burg played there this year, they made announcements about a turf project, so hopefully an entire field of turf next year.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

I remember that and thought it was really messed up but everyone was nice and even joked about it

Return to “Football”