2020 Fort Frye 27 @ Warren 20

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: WK 2: Fort Frye (1-0) @ Warren (1-0)

Post by EasternDspy »

Warriorfan08 wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:57 pm Don't have any predictions on the score, but I think the key will be Fort 's defense switching from a base 4-4, to playing a sub package, Dime package to counter Warren's 4 and 5 wide sets. I think the key will be Warren's ability to spread FF out and run the ball, which is an under appreciated facet of the spread. Easier to run spead out vs. Dime, than a base 4-4. If Warren dominates on the ground think they will win.
Easier said than done when Cadets have an all state LB in the middle.

Warriorfan08
Waterboy

Post by Warriorfan08 »

EasternDspy wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:29 pm
Warriorfan08 wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:57 pm Don't have any predictions on the score, but I think the key will be Fort 's defense switching from a base 4-4, to playing a sub package, Dime package to counter Warren's 4 and 5 wide sets. I think the key will be Warren's ability to spread FF out and run the ball, which is an under appreciated facet of the spread. Easier to run spead out vs. Dime, than a base 4-4. If Warren dominates on the ground think they will win.
Didn't say it would be easy. Just a schematic advantage when you can spread a defense out and make a team that wants to play with 8 in the box down to 5 or 6 in the box.
Warren has an all state WR in Gandee, and the best QB in SE Ohio, but in the end I think it will come down to the trenches, as it often does at the HS level.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Warriorfan08 wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:43 pm
Didn't say it would be easy. Just a schematic advantage when you can spread a defense out and make a team that wants to play with 8 in the box down to 5 or 6 in the box.
Warren has an all state WR in Gandee, and the best QB in SE Ohio, but in the end I think it will come down to the trenches, as it often does at the HS level.
Taylor has not been playing well. Gandee is a beast I’ll give you that.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

Every scheme is designed to give an advantage. The question remains, can your line open holes against the defensive front?

I'm more concerned you find an outside matchup to exploit.

Warriorfan08
Waterboy

Post by Warriorfan08 »

EasternDspy wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:10 pm
Warriorfan08 wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:43 pm

Taylor has not been playing well. Gandee is a beast I’ll give you that.
It was 1 game, and he played better than the stats showed. Warren had a lot of dropped passes, including a shouldbe TD pass that went through Chevalier's hands in the end zone that ended up intercepted. Warren as a whole played sloppy last week. I honestly don't think FF will face an offense like Warren's until the playoffs. But we shall see. I dont know much about FF I know they are good team in their division. These are the 2 best teams in Washington County. Just depends who executes better. Best of luck to both teams and pray both teams come out healthy

Warriorfan08
Waterboy

Post by Warriorfan08 »

efarns wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:43 pm Every scheme is designed to give an advantage. The question remains, can your line open holes against the defensive front?

I'm more concerned you find an outside matchup to exploit.
That's the point im trying to make. Warren's scheme should make it easier for them to open up holes. When FF has 4 down lineman and 1 LB in the box. And Warren has 5 blockers, that's the point of spreading it out to run the football. Warren has a good line, and Gerber is a good back. I just like the matchups created schematically by Warren's offense. Still comes down to execution

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye has won 27 Reg season games in a row. They have not lost a reg season game since sept 1 2017. I hate when people throw out they are good team “ for their div”. They beat Meadowbrook last year with all world Wr Addy Black. They took back to back state champs Kirtland to the wire in the final 4. Cadets won’t be intimidated by Warren. They have played many big games including winning 7 playoff games the last 4 years. Warren has never won a playoff game.

Warriorfan08
Waterboy

Post by Warriorfan08 »

Don't really care what FF has done the past few seasons. It has no bearing on what happens on this game, this season. I never said FF would be intimidated nor should they be. All I know is this is a division5 team? An elite team for their division. But Nothing like any of the old SEOAL teams we used to play, and they're certainly beatable . I cant imagine too many Warren players will be intimidated by FF, either. Either way, it's just my opinion. That's what this forum is for. Agree to disagree. No need to get upset.

BTW Warren may not have won a playoff game, but it hasnt stopped them from owning this rivalry in the past. I believe Warren is 24-14-1 vs FF

Go Blue

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Warriorfan08 wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:29 pm Don't really care what FF has done the past few seasons. It has no bearing on what happens on this game, this season. I never said FF would be intimidated nor should they be. All I know is this is a division5 team? An elite team for their division. But Nothing like any of the old SEOAL teams we used to play, and they're certainly beatable . I cant imagine too many Warren players will be intimidated by FF, either. Either way, it's just my opinion. That's what this forum is for. Agree to disagree. No need to get upset.

BTW Warren may not have won a playoff game, but it hasnt stopped them from owning this rivalry in the past. I believe Warren is 24-14-1 vs FF

Go Blue
Yet the last time they played Fort won 50-6. I believe it was 50 nothing or 44 nothing at half. Warren backed out of a game the next season.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

EasternDspy wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:07 am
Warriorfan08 wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:29 pm Don't really care what FF has done the past few seasons. It has no bearing on what happens on this game, this season. I never said FF would be intimidated nor should they be. All I know is this is a division5 team? An elite team for their division. But Nothing like any of the old SEOAL teams we used to play, and they're certainly beatable . I cant imagine too many Warren players will be intimidated by FF, either. Either way, it's just my opinion. That's what this forum is for. Agree to disagree. No need to get upset.

Go Blue
Yet the last time they played Fort won 50-6. I believe it was 50 nothing or 44 nothing at half. Warren backed out of a game the next season.
How about this? Nothing either team has done in the past means jack. The only game that matters is the one that kicks off at 7 tomorrow. It’s two good teams that are capable of beating the other. No one will care tomorrow how many playoff games one team has won, or hasn’t.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

NIce to see the Warrior fans coming into the game a little chippy. Must be feeling pretty good about your team

We will see. We'll see.

Stan Smith
Freshman Team

Post by Stan Smith »

Ff prevails, if they keep their best cover guy on gandee

Warriorfan08
Waterboy

Post by Warriorfan08 »

efarns wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:50 am NIce to see the Warrior fans coming into the game a little chippy. Must be feeling pretty good about your team

We will see. We'll see.
Not chippy. I never even predicted warren would win the game. In fact, if you read through all the comments, I would say the one who originally got chippy was EasternDSpy in response to my comments about scheme .

Blasting my opinion, and then saying FF will win because they have won more playoff games, and because they beat Warren in 2017, and held Addy Black, and Meadowbrook in check last season, is not exactly sound analysis. Instead of just posting his opinion, as I did, he chose to make every response a response to why I was wrong. You tell me who is chippy lol

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Warriorfan08 wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:37 pm
efarns wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:50 am NIce to see the Warrior fans coming into the game a little chippy. Must be feeling pretty good about your team

We will see. We'll see.
Not chippy. I never even predicted warren would win the game. In fact, if you read through all the comments, I would say the one who originally got chippy was EasternDSpy in response to my comments about scheme .

Blasting my opinion, and then saying FF will win because they have won more playoff games, and because they beat Warren in 2017, and held Addy Black, and Meadowbrook in check last season, is not exactly sound analysis. Instead of just posting his opinion, as I did, he chose to make every response a response to why I was wrong. You tell me who is chippy lol
My response was to the guy that said Fort Frye is good for their div. Fort is good pd. They’ve been the best team in the county the last 4-5 years.

Warriorfan08
Waterboy

Post by Warriorfan08 »

Me saying FF was an elite team in their division wasnt intended to be a jab at them at all. But if you think FF is good enough to compete with the best in D1, and D2 Ohio football, I strongly disagree with you.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Warriorfan08 wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:23 pm Me saying FF was an elite team in their division wasnt intended to be a jab at them at all. But if you think FF is good enough to compete with the best in D1, and D2 Ohio football, I strongly disagree with you.
Obviously they can’t play with D1 or D2 teams.

Warriorfan08
Waterboy

Post by Warriorfan08 »

Then what do you want? How is me saying FF is a good D4, or 5 (whichever it is) is wrong? They're the best team in a poor football county. The worst county in Ohio for HS football. You're telling me that they're a good team regardless of division, then you backtrack? They're one of the best teams in their division. But to say they're good regardless of division, I disagree.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Warriorfan08 wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:39 pm Then what do you want? How is me saying FF is a good D4, or 5 (whichever it is) is wrong? They're the best team in a poor football county. The worst county in Ohio for HS football. You're telling me that they're a good team regardless of division, then you backtrack? They're one of the best teams in their division. But to say they're good regardless of division, I disagree.
Just feel like you were acting like Warren is more prepared because they play bigger schools or something.

Warriorfan08
Waterboy

Post by Warriorfan08 »

EasternDspy wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:47 pm
Warriorfan08 wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:39 pm Then what do you want? How is me saying FF is a good D4, or 5 (whichever it is) is wrong? They're the best team in a poor football county. The worst county in Ohio for HS football. You're telling me that they're a good team regardless of division, then you backtrack? They're one of the best teams in their division. But to say they're good regardless of division, I disagree.
Just feel like you were acting like Warren is more prepared because they play bigger schools or something.
I never said that, and don't feel that way at all. 2 best teams in the county. Should be a fun game.

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

Meigs county, vinton county, noble county, monroe county, all worse than washington county in football to name a few. Yes washington county isn't a strong football county, but it isn't because of d7 waterford and d6 fort Frye. Both of whom have won playoff games recently. It's because the 2 largest football schools are the weakest year in and year out. It will be interesting after this game whether warren will want to keep playing ff. That's the true measure of a program, willingness to play the good programs close to them. After the game in 2017, they immediately dropped us.

Return to “Football”