Gallia Academy @ Meadowbrook

Geronimo
SEOP

Re: Gallia Academy @ Meadowbrook

Post by Geronimo »

Seen a lot at GA over the years from the late 60s up ! You can't keep everyone happy stop being a cry a $$ live with it !!! Only at Gallia Academy believe me .

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

My son was a freshmen on the 2012 team. Coach eddy was not forced out if you know the story but how he left... really set this team back and was precursor to the undisplined 4 years that followed.
When coach Penrod came back in 2017 you could tell the kids immediately bought in. They believed in the pillars the coach was teaching. You also noticed in 2017 that this team had a game plan that would allow them to win each week. They didn’t always execute it but you could see the plan was there. Same in 2018. The biggest thing no one talks about that there were several kids on those teams that moved positions and did things they didn’t necessarily like. But they were more interested in the team winning then necessarily playing the position or getting the touches they wanted.

In 2019 a very successful season but they sort of blind folded walked through season there were many disruptions in the off season. Also one of the main assistants became the head baseball coach. There has also another good assistant who decided to take another path because he wants to be a head coach and took another opportunity.

This off season of course was way different I would of loved this team to have had a normal off season. But it was different but I can tell you not all the kids on this team took all the opportunities available to them to get better and stronger. I also know a couple of kids were asked to change positions and put in zero effort to be good at that position so it didn’t really happen.

I don’t know how you rate the season or the job. Could they of been better maybe. But I can tell you there weee a lot of kids on this team that listened more to their parents then there coaches.

Next year who knows what we have the one thing we are going to need to do is to get the numbers up

82nd
Freshman Team

Post by 82nd »

during the rough patch post eddy no success with those kids in MS or just run out of talent

Return to “Football”