NY at Fairland PI Call

Ff3233
All Conference

Re: NY at Fairland PI Call

Post by Ff3233 »

Raider6309 wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:55 am
osumufan wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:54 am My apologies but the media wasn't on the field wanting to fight!
Fairland fans trying to fight players like they do every year :lol:

One day Fairland will run their mouths to the wrong fan base. Fairland tries to bully other areas. It’s sad
Well we all know you don't want to play at their gym in basketball. It's automatic your 3 best players will foul out and they'll shoot at least 30 free throws to allow fairland to win by a small amount instead of getting drilled

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

I remember when Athens was up huge vs Fairland in basketball and Fairland shot 30 free throws in the second half. Their fans were trying to fight Athens players. Fans were on the court. Idk why Fairland lets their fans act that way

Kurgan74
JV Team

Post by Kurgan74 »

I dont want to bash refs but this year i have seen a ton of very questionable and boneheaded calls. Last night for example liberty union lines up on kickoff, kicks the ball out of bounds no flags were thrown they placed the ball where it went out of bounds at Ridgewood then lines up to run their play the ref blows the whistle and then moves the ball to the 35??

Moving the ball on a kick off out of bounds is the right call. The penalty is assessed 25 yards from the spot of the kick. Since high school kick off at the 40 the ball can be placed at the 35. The receding team can also take the ball where it sent out of bounds, or assess a 5 yard penalty and re-kick.

As for the pass interfere, a DPI will not be overturned by the state as it is a judgement call. The angle the back
Judge had on this play is much different than the angle of the video. I was surprised there was no conference on the play.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

The first interception slowed down looks like and INT

BoJack Horseman
Waterboy

Post by BoJack Horseman »

I’m not a fan of either team but that looks like an absolutely horrible call.

To people who say to move on - that’s BS. The rest of us are required to do our jobs competently. Yes, minor mistakes happen but if you make a business influencing mistake, you get fired. That referee should never be permitted to officiate another game again.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

No love for either team - looks like a blatantly bad call to me

If I were Fairland, I'd feel awkward about this win. Not that they had anything to do with the ref's bad calls, but you'd rather there be no question.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

At least Pol Pot won't be on preps for a few weeks

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

It seems obvious that the call was made on the kid in back of the receiver, not the guy who stepped in front. If you watch the 740 Zone video from a different angle, you can see a little bit better that there was contact on the receiver from the back defender.

icanpickem
All Conference

Post by icanpickem »

enigmaax wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:37 pm It seems obvious that the call was made on the kid in back of the receiver, not the guy who stepped in front. If you watch the 740 Zone video from a different angle, you can see a little bit better that there was contact on the receiver from the back defender.
Video referenced in post... 50 sec mark

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Coach for NY was class act

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

wobycat wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:02 pm Coach for NY was class act
Coach Richards is one of the finest men I know. I am proud to be on his staff and to call him a friend.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I'm gonna go with Mike on this one.
I'm gonna go with Mike on this one.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

Orange and Brown wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:02 pm FB_IMG_1603670371127.jpg
So, did they actually say who they called it on? Because of course you would be mad if you were wrong about who they called it on. Did anyone from NY watch the kid in the back, who clearly hit the receiver?

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Kurgan74 wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:36 pm I dont want to bash refs but this year i have seen a ton of very questionable and boneheaded calls. Last night for example liberty union lines up on kickoff, kicks the ball out of bounds no flags were thrown they placed the ball where it went out of bounds at Ridgewood then lines up to run their play the ref blows the whistle and then moves the ball to the 35??

Moving the ball on a kick off out of bounds is the right call. The penalty is assessed 25 yards from the spot of the kick. Since high school kick off at the 40 the ball can be placed at the 35. The receding team can also take the ball where it sent out of bounds, or assess a 5 yard penalty and re-kick.

As for the pass interfere, a DPI will not be overturned by the state as it is a judgement call. The angle the back
Judge had on this play is much different than the angle of the video. I was surprised there was no conference on the play.
We had a block in the block on defense called in our game. That’s a new one for me

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Horrible call

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

Watch the play before this clear int both were
Horrible

BoJack Horseman
Waterboy

Post by BoJack Horseman »

icanpickem wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:07 pm
enigmaax wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:37 pm It seems obvious that the call was made on the kid in back of the receiver, not the guy who stepped in front. If you watch the 740 Zone video from a different angle, you can see a little bit better that there was contact on the receiver from the back defender.
Video referenced in post... 50 sec mark
Still not seeing the contact. Odd the WR was just disappointed at the INT and not looking for a flag or holding his arms up. He knew.

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

The play before this one was int also shouldn't even made it to this play.

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Heard one of the refs graduated from Fairland, not sure how true that is.

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

NY BUCK wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:06 pm Heard one of the refs graduated from Fairland, not sure how true that is.
Will the whining ever stop? Try and schedule another game vs a tvc ohio team. I'm sure there are plenty of them available. Get yourself back on the winning track

Return to “Football”