WK13 Western Brown vs Jackson (rematch)

ironmenfan012
Waterboy

Re: WK13 Western Brown vs Jackson (rematch)

Post by ironmenfan012 »

Jackson is coming into this game with revenge in their head for what western brown did week 4. But, this Jackson team has improved a lot since that game and has cleaned up the flags and the turnovers. I think Jackson can run the ball more on this western brown defense than pass the ball get Wolford, Winters Holden involved with the run game and even throw the ball to prater, Bragg, wood, broerman to get good yards on passes but overall i'll take Jackson by 7 in this game and then look onto the regional championship.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Novak is pretty stinking good. I like Jackson's chances as long as they can keep the ball infront of them. They let a WB player slip behind them Novak is very talented with his deep ball.

I'll take Jackson 28-21.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
gobigred10
Waterboy

Post by gobigred10 »

Really like the way the Ironmen have been playing, coming in to this game with a chip in their shoulder and want revenge. Limit turnovers and hold on to the football and I think we win this game. I’ll take Jackson 31-21.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

ironmenfan012 wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:39 am Jackson is coming into this game with revenge in their head for what western brown did week 4. But, this Jackson team has improved a lot since that game and has cleaned up the flags and the turnovers. I think Jackson can run the ball more on this western brown defense than pass the ball get Wolford, Winters Holden involved with the run game and even throw the ball to prater, Bragg, wood, broerman to get good yards on passes but overall i'll take Jackson by 7 in this game and then look onto the regional championship.
Both teams have improved quite a bit since that matchup, I would hope Jackson isn't coming in with a mindset of revenge that's when mistakes are made. They need to come into the game with the mindset of play sound football and go out and get the W. Western Brown defense will give up the run but they've played against the likes of Clinton Massie's who's running game is tops for any team in this area. Jackson has got to play defense in this one, like you said keep things in front of them make WB drive the field. WB's lowest scoring outputs were against Jackson 33 and Clinton Massie 35 these dudes can flat put up the points as they're averaging close to 52 a game, including 63 and 50 in rounds 1 and 2 of the playoffs. Weather is looking great for Friday night which is awesome because I want to see both teams at their best. Good luck

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

greygoose wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:20 pm
ironmenfan012 wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:39 am Jackson is coming into this game with revenge in their head for what western brown did week 4. But, this Jackson team has improved a lot since that game and has cleaned up the flags and the turnovers. I think Jackson can run the ball more on this western brown defense than pass the ball get Wolford, Winters Holden involved with the run game and even throw the ball to prater, Bragg, wood, broerman to get good yards on passes but overall i'll take Jackson by 7 in this game and then look onto the regional championship.
Both teams have improved quite a bit since that matchup, I would hope Jackson isn't coming in with a mindset of revenge that's when mistakes are made. They need to come into the game with the mindset of play sound football and go out and get the W. Western Brown defense will give up the run but they've played against the likes of Clinton Massie's who's running game is tops for any team in this area. Jackson has got to play defense in this one, like you said keep things in front of them make WB drive the field. WB's lowest scoring outputs were against Jackson 33 and Clinton Massie 35 these dudes can flat put up the points as they're averaging close to 52 a game, including 63 and 50 in rounds 1 and 2 of the playoffs. Weather is looking great for Friday night which is awesome because I want to see both teams at their best. Good luck
Week 13 version of Jackson’s defense will be the best defense western brown has seen all year.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:54 pm
Week 13 version of Jackson’s defense will be the best defense western brown has seen all year.
Clinton Massie pretty stout too but yes, Jackson defense has been nothing short of great

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

Good luck to Jackson. Bring home the W.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

On paper yes, outside of Clinton Massie, Jackson is probably the best defense they seen in the week 4 game also. Also on paper the week 13 WB offense is far and away the best offense Jackson has seen all year since that week 4 game. Both teams have improved as this year as gone on and that's what you want to see going into a game like this. I do like Jackson by a score but WB offense has given Jackson problems over the years which makes me wonder can Jackson actually make the proper adjustments needed. It's going to be very interesting and I'm looking forward to it.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

greygoose wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:54 pm

On paper yes, outside of Clinton Massie, Jackson is probably the best defense they seen in the week 4 game also. Also on paper the week 13 WB offense is far and away the best offense Jackson has seen all year since that week 4 game. Both teams have improved as this year as gone on and that's what you want to see going into a game like this. I do like Jackson by a score but WB offense has given Jackson problems over the years which makes me wonder can Jackson actually make the proper adjustments needed. It's going to be very interesting and I'm looking forward to it.

In my opinion Jackson’s defense is better than Massie’s and WB is definitely the best offense Jackson has seen. Jackson can’t fall behind more than 7 points

1993jumper
Waterboy

Post by 1993jumper »

The game is at Waverly for anyone who is wondering

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Good luck to the Ironmen!!

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Keep playing your football
And
Good things will happen

Get Better this week

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

I wish I could go. Another shootout

Daniel Boone
Waterboy

Post by Daniel Boone »

Ironmen 28 Broncos 21

I think that Jackson is much improved from the week 4 game, well coached in all facets of the game: offense, defense and kicking game.

Lots of weapons, the Team from Western Brown will come ready to play, but Jackson has been doing some things defensively that are by products of good coaching and players accepting their role. Offensively, Coach Hall is playing a hot hand right now, dialing up some nice schemes and tempo on offense. Coach Hall has built a nice staff and program at Jackson, this is the next step on the ladder, get to the regional final and I am guessing Granville.

Ironmannut07
Varsity

Post by Ironmannut07 »

This game will be streamed on Jackson’s YouTube channel.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Ironmannut07 wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:20 pm This game will be streamed on Jackson’s YouTube channel.
Yes, it will be free. Students have to do the commentating but there will be replays shown between the plays and should be well done.

FACSPORTS
JV Team

Post by FACSPORTS »

I’m gonna go with WB 42 Jackson 35, would love to see our Ironman pull it off though!

LBD0263
Riding the Bench

Post by LBD0263 »

Indeed this is going to be a tall task for Jackson. I believe the Ironman will be highly motivated for this game and the coaches will have a great game plan. What a game this will be with 2 very promising elite QB’s going head to head. Jackson must use the clock to its advantage and have long sustained TD drives and zero turnovers. Make WB drive the length of the field and limit the big plays they will look for. I like Jackson’s chances at a neutral site by a late FG to end the game. Also really happy to be playing this game at Waverly, excellent stadium and should be an easy drive for both schools.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Well poop

mt1fan
Freshman Team

Post by mt1fan »

Novak will be too much to handle again, secondary play will be in question this week for Jackson. Ill go on a limb and say WB 48 Jakson 28. Could very well be closer and if Jackson plays perfect turnover/mistake free football they can win.

Return to “Football”