August 18, 2023 Ironton 17 - 14 Wheelersburg

RBH23
SE

Re: Wheelersburg @ Ironton Week 1

Post by RBH23 »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:47 pm
RBH23 wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:20 pm
BTWNTHE__ wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 7:44 pm

Ya know what makes lil burg being the best team in their region only THREE TIMES IN THE LAST TWO & A HALF DECADES so significant? Because that shows everyone that lil burgs odds of even playing for a title are very very slim. When you take a look beyond the lil burg seops fanbase bluster,,you see lil burg is really just Fairland wearing Irontons colors. Not a seo power.

Yesterday. Today. Tommorow. burg is #lilsis🤔
If Burg is “yesterday”, what does that make a team that hasn’t won a title since 1989?

Over 30 years and counting…
I’d say relevant after playing in 3 of the last 4 State Championship games. You have to be pretty darn good to do that.
More so than a team that has won a state title recently? I don’t think so.

BigSpoon
JV Team

Post by BigSpoon »

CrackBack46 wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 1:02 pm Ironton By 14
No one in the region stops the Patterson kid… Snuck into their practice last night watching him roll every kid Ironton put in front of him. Aiden Layne on the other side will be a force also.
Burg will have no chance throwing the ball and Ironton is always tough to run against.

Another underrated skill is Thacker’s feet, He was moving!!

Excited for this one!! Good luck to both teams!!
Patterson is a man! Absolute beast! Layne is too! Thacker will definitely make plays with his legs and its the fastest team Ironton has had in years Im hearing. If everyone stays healthy they will be hard to beat once they get in rhythm. Dont sleep on the Bump kid either. He broke his ankle last year early. He is gritty and tough

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

RBH23 wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 10:02 pm

If Burg is “yesterday”, what does that make a team that hasn’t won a title since 1989?

I’d say relevant after playing in 3 of the last 4 State Championship games. You have to be pretty darn good to do that.
The 4 falls of Buffalo teams were still good to make it there 4 years in a row. The chiefs are almost on that same trajectory right now 3 of last 4 they’ve at least played for the big one

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

6 years isnt recent its 60% of an entire decade. Lmao. And when ya program has only been the best team in the region 3 times in TWO AND A HALF DECADES in what alternate reality is lil burgs program on the same tranjectory as the program that has competed in 3 outta the last 4 state title games?.😭 The ONLY thing lil burg has in common with Ironton is seo and region 19 and they copy Irontons colors. Besides that they are #lilsis - historically, presently, and overall. #lilsis💅👈😭

#lilsis💅

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

BTWNTHE__ wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 6:33 pm

6 years isnt recent its 60% of an entire decade. Lmao. And when ya program has only been the best team in the region 3 times in TWO AND A HALF DECADES in what alternate reality is lil burgs program on the same tranjectory as the program that has competed in 3 outta the last 4 state title games?.😭 The ONLY thing lil burg has in common with Ironton is seo and region 19 and they copy Irontons colors. Besides that they are #lilsis - historically, presently, and overall. #lilsis💅👈😭

#lilsis💅
And.... it took lil burg the programs entire existence to win.the same amount of state titles Ironton snagged in 10 years.

Past staff outworked lil burg
Present staff outworks old lil burg.

#lilsis💅

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

BTWNTHE__ wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 6:38 pm
BTWNTHE__ wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 6:33 pm

#lilsis💅
And.... it took lil burg the programs entire existence to win.the same amount of state titles Ironton snagged in 10 years.

Past staff outworked lil burg
Present staff outworks old lil burg.

#lilsis💅
6 years was a long time ago? What does that make 34 years?

Ironton WAS once great, but those days are long, long gone. Now they are just happy to be the Buffalo Bills of high school football. My how times and attitude have changed.

GoBigI
Freshman Team

Post by GoBigI »

Certainly not Ironton’s fastest or most talented team in the past 5 years, but that o-line is strong and Williams at RB is a Mack truck.
Ironton 29
Burg 28. 2OT thriller

gobucs20
JV Team

Post by gobucs20 »

GoBigI wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:11 pm Certainly not Ironton’s fastest or most talented team in the past 5 years, but that o-line is strong and Williams at RB is a Mack truck.
Ironton 29
Burg 28. 2OT thriller
I believe Ironton is the absolute best team in southeastern ohio for the last several years. But my question always is has there o and d lines improved enough that they won't get embarrassed in canton in the last game of the year. Like they have several times recently. My guess is no.

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

gobucs20 wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 2:43 pm
GoBigI wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:11 pm Certainly not Ironton’s fastest or most talented team in the past 5 years, but that o-line is strong and Williams at RB is a Mack truck.
Ironton 29
Burg 28. 2OT thriller
I believe Ironton is the absolute best team in southeastern ohio for the last several years. But my question always is has there o and d lines improved enough that they won't get embarrassed in canton in the last game of the year. Like they have several times recently. My guess is no.
It’s not just line play, they need to sharpen their X’s and O’s and improve their discipline.

The 38-0 loss to Kirtland was so bad because Ironton’s offensive strategy was to just give the ball to Carrico and hope he could carry the team. Kirtland sold out just to stop him, but Ironton appeared to make no adjustments. On the D side, Ironton’s line did great early on but wore out over time.

Against Burg in 2021, Ironton was up 14-3 after Q1 while dominating both lines and nearly every aspect of the game. The IHS offensive coordinator suddenly lost his mind and decided to air it out against a undermanned Burg team. Absolutely the worst play calling I have ever seen by a team of Ironton’s caliber. If the IHS O would have simply taken a knee and punted during every possession (while up 14-3), IHS wins that game.

Finally, 2023… gave up blocked punts in back to back games! How is that possible? The first against VV could be seen coming by Stevie Wonder; the special teams coach must have snuck off for a bathroom break. But to let it happen again the exact same way in the next game against SR? Special teams coach should have been forced to walk back to Ironton from Canton!

I know Ironton fans say “only if our line played better” but there has been more to their end of season collapses than just line play. Silly penalties, poor play calling, special team lapses, etc…

mustard
Varsity

Post by mustard »

Ahhh yesss.. lol 😂

the scioto county allstars vs the Tri state allstars

lol 😂

what’s the transfer count this year??? burg 1 arnton 3 or 4..
they lost one because he wasn’t d1 enough 😂

i just saw on Ironton social media that 5 players got their stripes all of them were from other schools 😂

fact is neither team can do anything unless they go pilfer other teams players… 😂

GoBigI
Freshman Team

Post by GoBigI »

RBH23 wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 3:38 pm
Ironton 29
Burg 28. 2OT thriller
It’s not just line play, they need to sharpen their X’s and O’s and improve their discipline.

The 38-0 loss to Kirtland was so bad because Ironton’s offensive strategy was to just give the ball to Carrico and hope he could carry the team. Kirtland sold out just to stop him, but Ironton appeared to make no adjustments. On the D side, Ironton’s line did great early on but wore out over time.

Against Burg in 2021, Ironton was up 14-3 after Q1 while dominating both lines and nearly every aspect of the game. The IHS offensive coordinator suddenly lost his mind and decided to air it out against a undermanned Burg team. Absolutely the worst play calling I have ever seen by a team of Ironton’s caliber. If the IHS O would have simply taken a knee and punted during every possession (while up 14-3), IHS wins that game.

Finally, 2023… gave up blocked punts in back to back games! How is that possible? The first against VV could be seen coming by Stevie Wonder; the special teams coach must have snuck off for a bathroom break. But to let it happen again the exact same way in the next game against SR? Special teams coach should have been forced to walk back to Ironton from Canton!

I know Ironton fans say “only if our line played better” but there has been more to their end of season collapses than just line play. Silly penalties, poor play calling, special team lapses, etc…
All great points!

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

mustard wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 5:29 pm Ahhh yesss.. lol 😂

lol 😂

i just saw on Ironton social media that 5 players got their stripes all of them were from other schools 😂

fact is neither team can do anything unless they go pilfer other teams players… 😂
Shhhiiii...I'm confused then cause lil burg pilfers and has "superior coaching & culture" but have been the best team in their own region only THREE TIMES IN TWO & A HALF DECADES!! 🤷‍♂️😭

#lilsis💅

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

RBH23 wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 3:38 pm
Ironton 29
Burg 28. 2OT thriller

meanwhile lil burg was at home on the couch when they were playing games in Canton per as usual because lil burg has only made it out of their own region 3 times in two and a half decades. 👈😭 Probably needs to focus more on P West this season & less on being salty over Ironton. Lol

#lilsis💅

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

Kinda feels like the young ambitious staff and the Ironton players are just hungrier and outworking the older and more stale program at lil burg. As the lil burg staff continues to age the step back is noticeable. Only making it out of your region three times in the last two and a half decades when ya rival has played in 3 out of the last 4 state title games illustrates how much of a disparity exists between the two programs right now. Sounds llike the culture at Ironton is youthful and modern and ambitious. And it looks like they simply want it more.

#lilsis💅

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

BTWNTHE__ wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:32 pm Kinda feels like the young ambitious staff and the Ironton players are just hungrier and outworking the older and more stale program at lil burg. As the lil burg staff continues to age the step back is noticeable. Only making it out of your region three times in the last two and a half decades when ya rival has played in 3 out of the last 4 state title games illustrates how much of a disparity exists between the two programs right now. Sounds llike the culture at Ironton is youthful and modern and ambitious. And it looks like they simply want it more.

#lilsis💅
Good to see Mr 1989 jumping into the conversation.

No doubt IHS coaches do a much better job on the recruiting trail; that’s for sure. But game planning and execution? They depend too much on talent and struggle with the X’s and O’s.

Also, IHS coach has worked harder than Burg coach with regards to trying to find another job. Can’t blame him. Having to recruit in SEO just to stay relevant in D5 must suck!

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

RBH23 wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:42 pm
BTWNTHE__ wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:32 pm Kinda feels like the young ambitious staff and the Ironton players are just hungrier and outworking the older and more stale program at lil burg. As the lil burg staff continues to age the step back is noticeable. Only making it out of your region three times in the last two and a half decades when ya rival has played in 3 out of the last 4 state title games illustrates how much of a disparity exists between the two programs right now. Sounds llike the culture at Ironton is youthful and modern and ambitious. And it looks like they simply want it more.

#lilsis💅

No doubt IHS coaches do a much better job on the recruiting trail; that’s for sure. But game planning and execution? They depend too much on talent and struggle with the X’s and O’s.

Also, IHS coach has worked harder than Burg coach with regards to trying to find another job. Can’t blame him. Having to recruit in SEO just to stay relevant in D5 must suck!
Which lil native jolly pirate gets bumped for the Trojan recruit at lil burg?

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

BTWNTHE__ wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:44 pm

#lilsis💅

Pendleton tried to land that one but struck out.

Seriously, how long until he tries to bail on Ironton again? I give it less than five years. Recruiting will dry up and IHS will be begging to get back into the OVC.

CrackBack46
Freshman Team

Post by CrackBack46 »

I seen the Facebook post your talking about

Only 2 HS transfers in the group.

Layne life long Ironton kid

Roach and Patterson came to Ironton in 7th and 8th grade.

Soo not totally accurate.

lol 😂

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

RBH23 wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:47 pm
BTWNTHE__ wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:44 pm

Pendleton tried to land that one but struck out.

Seriously, how long until he tries to bail on Ironton again? I give it less than five years. Recruiting will dry up and IHS will be begging to get back into the OVC.
the lil burg seops fanbase = big on accusation/short on evidence.
lil burg football = big on talk/but cant get out of their own region to even play a game in canton

#lilsis💅

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

CrackBack46 wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 11:21 pm I seen the Facebook post your talking about

Only 2 HS transfers in the group.

Layne life long Ironton kid

Roach and Patterson came to Ironton in 7th and 8th grade.

Soo not totally accurate.

lol 😂

If lil burgs seops fanbase were fans of a program that actually was capable of making it out of their region more than 3 times in two and a half decades their TIGER ENVY wouldn't inspire them to make such half cocked mistakes. It almost feels like without a guy on an opposing teams sideline with a cell phone and
recording devices the lil burg program has lost a step.

#lilsis💅

Return to “Football”