Wheelersburg vs Bishop Hartley week #13 Region 17 Final

local superstar
All State

Re: Wheelersburg vs Bishop Hartley week #13 Region 17 Final

Post by local superstar »

Great game last night Burg! You guys left it all on the field and BH felt it! Congrats on a great season.

Bulldog
Waterboy

Post by Bulldog »

You will need to watch the clip for yourself. I don't remember the ball being a perfect spiral but it did cover 40+ yards. There was good coverage and an interference call there would have been a travesty.

Burg played a near perfect game offensively and played tough D. Hartley found a way in the second half to pull it out. The win was costly to Hawks and they'll need to find a way to replace their best player, #45. Prospects for #12 aren't very good either from what I could tell. That's the unfortunate part of the game.

Burchfield and staff will draw up a good plan for next week and he'll have 11 really good players on the field for every down.

xxChampionxx 5
Riding the Bench

Post by xxChampionxx 5 »

Sapientia et Veritas wrote:
BurgGrad_06 wrote:What has Hartley been up to?
I'm sure that they're not sitting in the film room sipping lattes and laughing at how slow the bumpkins are.

You guys have an awesome head coach and staff who have built up your program into a regional force.

And by region, I don't mean something limited to southeast Ohio or southern Ohio or SOC2 or river people or south of 70 and east of 71 not counting anyone central or excluding non-publics or city folk or anything like that. I'm talking region 17 as OHSAA sees it. You win, and we cheer you onto the end. Our region. Siders want to sit on our side or your side, doesn't matter. We'll cheer for them and their accomplishments this season. And yours. And St Clairsville. Anybody gets better, and we all get better. That's what we want. No running clocks. No out of your league nonsense. A good hard smash mouth battle where one side has to win but the other side still learns and grows from it. And gets better. And goes into the states knowing that they fought their way there.

No one backs their way into this game. It's fought for and it's earned. At week 13, the stupidest thing anyone can do is to look at week 14. Your coach is too smart for that and so is your team. Irrelevant blather of some of our excited fans aside, we're looking forward to this game with a desire to learn and a hope to win. Just like you guys.

It's inevitable. Eventually your commitment, your heart, your tradition, and your hard work will pay off. Maybe this week. Maybe this week next year, but it doesn't matter. You give your best. No one in Hartley team land is looking past you. You're a formidable opponent. Though the excitable fans may crunch numbers and declare a guaranteed victory in advance, the team is not. They are preparing for an epic war that rivals the Punic one. It's our last game as all of them are at this point.

Strong. Tough. Determined. Experienced. Battle-tested. Capable. That's the team we are facing this week, and that's what the team is preparing for. Take nothing and nobody for granted.
Great game, Burg. Everything I wanted it to be, not counting the injuries. You guys showed yourselves to be everything I said you were in that last paragraph. You really stepped up the strength and conditioning since last year. The burg boys got the first stop of the night; they showed themselves to be completely capable of matching Hawks power offense with their power defense, and they were able to keep the speed game equal even through overtime. Very impressive! Keep up the hard work. It will pay.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Birdofprey wrote:You will need to watch the clip for yourself. I don't remember the ball being a perfect spiral but it did cover 40+ yards. There was good coverage and an interference call there would have been a travesty.

Burg played a near perfect game offensively and played tough D. Hartley found a way in the second half to pull it out. The win was costly to Hawks and they'll need to find a way to replace their best player, #45. Prospects for #12 aren't very good either from what I could tell. That's the unfortunate part of the game.

Burchfield and staff will draw up a good plan for next week and he'll have 11 really good players on the field for every down.
I don't know about the tip but everyone in the stadium saw the pass interference, the kid was all over him and you could tell by his reaction he knew it.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Who really cares at this point. Shoulda coulda woulda. Hartley earned it and boy did they earn. Burg showed themselves to be more than worthy of even being in the game. Proud of our kids. No regret. Shout out to big #71 from Burg. I am so proud of what you have done. Proud to call you nephew. keep your head up, you had a heck of a season coming off ACL surgery.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Best officiated game I seen all year. There was holding all over the place but was only called when a player got loose and was turned around from play. The tipped pass was the right call. If the pass wasn't tipped then it would have been clear pass interference. Hartleys offense is something to watch. Their defense not so much. May cost them the title.

JasonClaytor
Freshman Team

Post by JasonClaytor »

wobycat wrote:Best officiated game I seen all year. There was holding all over the place but was only called when a player got loose and was turned around from play. The tipped pass was the right call. If the pass wasn't tipped then it would have been clear pass interference. Hartleys offense is something to watch. Their defense not so much. May cost them the title.
Defense struggled in the first half, but I would say the second half they played better but not great. I think Burg had 93 yards rushing and 14 points in the second half. The fake punt was huge for Wheelersburg. Without that Hartley probably would have only given up 7 second half points, but you have to give them credit because they caught Hartley off guard and made a great play, giving them the momentum back.

JasonClaytor
Freshman Team

Post by JasonClaytor »

wobycat wrote:Best officiated game I seen all year. There was holding all over the place but was only called when a player got loose and was turned around from play. The tipped pass was the right call. If the pass wasn't tipped then it would have been clear pass interference. Hartleys offense is something to watch. Their defense not so much. May cost them the title.
Defense struggled in the first half, but I would say the second half they played better but not great. I think Burg had 93 yards rushing and 14 points in the second half. The fake punt was huge for Wheelersburg. Without that Hartley probably would have only given up 7 second half points, but you have to give them credit because they caught Hartley off guard and made a great play, giving them the momentum back.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

run n shoot 08 wrote:

Yeah and if you take away the botched kickoff coverage, Burg probably wins this game in regulation. Instead of Hartley having a short field and getting the go ahead score, Burg should of had the ball with a chance to drive for the win. Even after that happened Burg still found a way to come back down to score and tie the game and then even forced a 3 and out and got the ball back for a chance to win. If they get that pass interference call it could have been a different outcome. I still think the tipped pass at the line was total BS. I would have to see video evidence to make me believe different.

By the way I thought Hartley was supposed the win this game going away?????? Hartley might win next week but I believe they will get it handed to them by Coldwater. Coldwater's offense is similar to the Burg's but their defense might be a little better.

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Congrats on a fine season and best wishes to our seniors.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Last edited by BurgGrad6 on Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

BurgGrad_06 wrote:
May didn't cost the pirates the title.. As a matter of fact, if it wasn't for may we wouldn't have even been in the game. Don't try to blame a kid that played his heart and soul out! The pirates played as a team and lost as a team. Shut your darn mouth wobycat!
Thats not what he is saying...he simply said Hartleys lack of defense MAY COST THEM A TITLE. Learn to comprehend sentences before attacking someone...lol.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

BurgGrad_06 wrote:
May didn't cost the pirates the title.. As a matter of fact, if it wasn't for may we wouldn't have even been in the game. Don't try to blame a kid that played his heart and soul out! The pirates played as a team and lost as a team. Shut your darn mouth wobycat!
He never pointed any kid out. Do us a favor and keep your arrogant *** of this sight .

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

I reread it.. My bad.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Viking96 wrote:
BurgGrad_06 wrote:
He never pointed any kid out. Do us a favor and keep your arrogant *** of this sight .
I corrected what I said. I miss read it. But if you still have a problem. My name is max burk not hard to find! Again my bad wobycat. I deleted what I said.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

No problem. Should have put a comma before may instead of a sentence.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Viking96 wrote:
BurgGrad_06 wrote:
Keep to yourself 96. Obviously he misread. Especially coming from woby. We know he wouldn't say anything like that.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

I agree Wobycat, it may (Hartley defense,) cost them the title.

Watching this game, I felt W'burg was the better team, and they just ran outta time. The TO's burned early is the only thing I could say could have been utilized differently, but hindsight is 20/20. It's easy to second guess any calls; however, this was an excellent effort. I honestly thought W'burg would get ran over, but they played their hearts out and represented So. Ohio as best as any team I've ever seen come out of this area.

siderman57
Freshman Team

Post by siderman57 »

run n shoot 08 wrote:Hartley-45
Wheelersburg- 14

You are not very good at predictions at all.. The BURG gave more than Hartley wanted and then some... Just for clear understanding .. Someone said that Hartley's touchdown that was called back , should have not been called... clip #75 reveals #14 clearly holding #31 until the runner got by and then holds his hands up like he did not do anything... Clip 113 shows that the ball was not tipped at all, the flag should have stayed... Should of,coluld of , would of, none of this matters, this is part of the game.. The Stats say it all.. Burg Total yards 457.. Hartley 427... First downs Burg 28.. Hartley 28...

The one turnover was the differnce (the onside kick) in this game... Hartley weakness their (defense) and their injurys will cause them not to win it all....

This was the Best high school game that i have ever seen.. Two Great footbal Teams going at it all night.... One big difference from a small community vs a big city community is the support of the players to one another.. If one of the Burg Team mates got hurt at the end of a game, win or not, they would have not celebrated until he was with them....

siderman57
Freshman Team

Post by siderman57 »

The Oaf wrote:
Sport Fan wrote:
falcon01 wrote:Don't see a way that this game is close. Think the burg is really good, but Hartley is on another level. I'd gladly take being wrong, as I always want to see SE teams do well. I'm thinking like 35-13 or so.

Yes I understand this won't be a popular post.

It is your opinion....This Pirate Team does not think that way... As a fan I did not see us dominating a very good Liberty Union Team with 23 seniors that lost to this all mighty , whole different level Hartley Team 14-7 ....However The Burg Team thought and showed what they are about with a 41-3 win !!!! I did not think that they would Beat a very good Ironton Team by 31 tonight.. Again they showed us they did.... This Team has everything a Great Team needs to win it all.... So the Pirates do not care about opinions of others.. They will be ready to win one game at a time.... Most people , including Hartley has this game already won... This Orange Black Team will have something to say come next saturday night on the field...
That was last years LU team that held Hartley to 14 while the Burg held Hartley to 42. That LU team would have beaten wheelersburg last year just as bad as Hartley did. Nice try on some spin though Coach Holtz. I see a similar score as last year. Close for a half, then Hartley 42-21. Burg is not the orange and black team that Hartley wants. That would be Coldwater.
Oaf you obviously do not have a clue about Football predictions .. You are truly are a Burg Hater...

Return to “Football”