WK1 Wheelersburg @ Ironton

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Re: WHEELERSBURG @IRONTON.WEEK 1 -YOUR THOUGHTS.

Post by RiverRatRay »

Since this is an Ironton Wheelersburg thread I don't imagine these Burg fans care to hear about The Point. We probably should stick to the two teams the thread is about but then, how would I know.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Heard.
RRR.
Back to topic @ hand.
Who cares about a 2 quarter squirt.
I thought it was a full scrimmage @ first.
Now, I understand the scenario & what did & didn't happen clearer now.
Gotigersgo!!!

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

Saturday will still see about a half of our first string. They will be working on things that we might use in the season with very little of what we will use in the season. Hopefully they work a little bit on the option and the passing game.

However, most of the regular season will be running it between the tackles!!

It's very simple to get ready for Ironton.

This year Ironton will have a few nice receivers that they can count on for good yards when they need to back off the defense.

Other than keeping the defense honest it will be right up the middle every time.

It will sure be nice to have our receivers this year though.

Ironton hasn't shown anything, they won't Saturday and might not have to show anything until deep in the playoffs from what I am looking at schedule wise.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

There is your Ironton offense scouting report burg. Ironton is so much better than burg that all the burg will see is full house, double tights, all runs up the middle. Ironton so much better than burg and everyone else on there schedule that that's all well see from irontons offense the first 11-12 weeks of the season. They might have to open it up a little in the state championship vs coldwater and throw it 1-2 times to keep them honest.

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

These first four games are very important if the Tigers are to get into the playoffs. They will generate most of their computer points and wins here are very important, Wheelersburg is the start of a string and Ironton needs to be at their best. Not sure the OVC will provide the points to makeup for any losses incurred in the early season. After the first five games on the Ironton schedule, you have five teams that are going to have chips on their shoulders and they will feel they have something to prove. This is going to be a very interesting season I do believe. Just an old fellers opinion.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

RiverRatRay wrote:Bait when the bleachers are full of coaches from opposing schools he isn't going to show a whole lot and you know that. I had a row full of Wheelersburg folks sitting in front of me at the OVC Preview and some had clipboards. I took them to be scouts. All I can say is get in line, wait your turn and may the better man win. By the way I saw some of our Portsmouth buddies down at the Big Boy after the Preview. They say they are glad they play on Thursday opening week so they can see the Ironton Burg game. Looks like The Tank will be rocking on the 28th. Just a little info for you on Ironton from Saturday night. Barker didn't dress due to a tweaked ankle. Young was wearing a soft cast on his right arm and only carried the ball about 3 times. I don't think we threw to Campbell at all. Vass tried to get Carey involved to get him the experience and he looks to be the guy we need at that other end. Palladino had over 100 yards but 79 was on one carry. Young had the other TD of 4 yards. The ones played the first quarter and a little bit in the second. The announcer had Palladino carrying the ball in the 2nd quarter once when it was actually Isaiah Brickey Scott. He finished the game with just about all freshmen. I think we have 16 freshmen so we will have a freshman team. We also have 16 Seniors so after this year it's back to the drawing board.
that makes me feel better. still sounded unmotivated from some though. they better be ready to rock. tell them Trojan fellers ole bait said hey.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

mufan95 wrote:
buckeyes41 wrote:Its so funny to read what excuses people come up with. So tell me this....who knows if sp had all of thier starters playing? Everyone assumes they was all healthy and all varsity players. Y dont u check that tid bit out! Hillarious!!!! This is true infotainment
South point had Devon Leonard out cause he had a heat stroke he is arguably there beast player on defense and a solid running back.
Matt Kenny did not play any. I don't know why he didn't play (he could have just not been getting any playing time) but if he gets playing time this year he is a solid running back and a solid de/lb.

I didn't hear anything about this. I'm very sorry to hear that and as soon as I post this i'll be in prayer for devon.i pray he makes a full and complete recovery.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

fbnut wrote:There is your Ironton offense scouting report burg. Ironton is so much better than burg that all the burg will see is full house, double tights, all runs up the middle. Ironton so much better than burg and everyone else on there schedule that that's all well see from irontons offense the first 11-12 weeks of the season. They might have to open it up a little in the state championship vs coldwater and throw it 1-2 times to keep them honest.

at's a hoot nut :aaaaa46 :aaaaa46 :aaaaa46

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

RiverRatRay wrote:These first four games are very important if the Tigers are to get into the playoffs. They will generate most of their computer points and wins here are very important, Wheelersburg is the start of a string and Ironton needs to be at their best. Not sure the OVC will provide the points to makeup for any losses incurred in the early season. After the first five games on the Ironton schedule, you have five teams that are going to have chips on their shoulders and they will feel they have something to prove. This is going to be a very interesting season I do believe. Just an old fellers opinion.
I feel the same way ray. should be right down exciting.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

frankly guys I'm very excited. I can't make the eastmoor scrimmage, but looking forward to week 1 in the tank. I hope the fighting tigers claw a big ole hole in that pirate ship n sink it. then I hope the fighting tigers and dem wheelersburg pirates win every other game. I has a sneakin suspicion the ovc is gonna be more exciting this year than people think. and everybody in the ovc is going to be trying to neuter them fighting tigers.

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

hopefully we will see a good mix of plays as in 70/30 run / pass !!! 90% run will not work VS BURG unless our guys get loose LOL

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

we have to catch burg guessing. but we have to make them guess 1st. so there has to be some passing and mis-direction.
not necc. trickeration.

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:we have to catch burg guessing. but we have to make them guess 1st. so there has to be some passing and mis-direction.
not necc. trickeration.
yep I agree 100% , I just remember last year like wow they had 8-9 coming for that run !!!! I think this may be a big battle of defense's now!!! I originally thought game might light up the score board with points!! im just not sure what to think now!!!

GO TIGERS

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

cg-ironton fan wrote:
You're Tiger Bait wrote:we have to catch burg guessing. but we have to make them guess 1st. so there has to be some passing and mis-direction.
not necc. trickeration.
yep I agree 100% , I just remember last year like wow they had 8-9 coming for that run !!!! I think this may be a big battle of defense's now!!! I originally thought game might light up the score board with points!! im just not sure what to think now!!!

GO TIGERS
Cg this is the best post you've ever made! Haha this should be a good game! I can't wait!!!!

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

BurgGrad_06 wrote:
cg-ironton fan wrote:
not necc. trickeration.

GO TIGERS
Cg this is the best post you've ever made! Haha this should be a good game! I can't wait!!!!
hey easy now LOL I still have time to throw some of your predictions (58-12) out there !!!! we still have a game to get through this Saturday then I will post a FIRM PREDICTION just for u !!!

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Lol sounds good man!

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

I atill think it will come down to Ironton controlling the ball and clock to keep Wheelersburg offense off the field.
Ironton tries to get fancy it will play into Burgs hands and could get ugly.
Wheelersburg is very good team and well coached and will not be overlooked by no means.
Ironton will have to play under control and not make silly mistakes and penalties.
Should be a hard fought game between two good teams and pray both teams come out healthy in this game.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I agree. if ironton has solved some discipline problems and don't shoot themselves in the foot. they should have a better year.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

I honestly don't believe a "between the tackles" offense will work. Look what happened last year. Even the outside runs were sniffed out. The only thing Burg had to do last year was play the run and field two decent corners to play the wide outs. That makes 9 kids ready for the run. Ironton will need to throw the ball often to keep the defense honest. And get rid of the screen to Palladino. You can smell that one from a mile away. I recall my father in law, who is not the most savvy football man, calling that play before it was ran. My four year old new it was coming.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

i don't either jolly. unless we are just completely superior size and strength wise. it worked for decades, but we had much more depth then. if the inside run is working at all, and the burg loads up the box, and we still have the threat of actually throwing something over top. then they'll be in their wheel house. burg is always solid against the run, and they tackle well. I'm interested in seeing the finished product as well for the fighting tigers. if the run game is working, and they can play keep away, with the threat of passing, it could be a long night for the pirates.but it all would hinge on conditioning and sustaining the blocks. which frankly has been an area of concern of late. not going till the whistle.

a big key to staying with burg will be our defense. as I'm sure they'll be in a hurry up offense the whole game. you get tired then get hit over the top.it will come down to conditioning, and discipline. and scoring when we have our chances. and we should not field any kickoffs without our good hands people up front.

i watch the game with mrs. bait, and pappy bait. and i been saying it for years , we're ripe to get the onside kick done to us, because we were peeling back way too quick. so that's something we'll also need to know coming in.it does not work n we cover, the burg will get tired of giving up that much field on a kickoff.if we can convert if it happens.

Return to “Football”