Ironton vs Kirtland State Championship

Kirtland80
All State

Re: Ironton vs Kirtland State Championship

Post by Kirtland80 »

FIDO wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:49 pm Congrats to both programs. Without a shadow of doubt the best team won. Next season starts now.
Thank you. Good luck next season

6O HORN3TS 🐝
BuckeyeBond
Riding the Bench

Post by BuckeyeBond »

Kirtland80 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:48 pm
BuckeyeBond wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:46 pm With all the success that Kirtland has had this past decade why don’t they invest in some better uniforms? Half the teams numbers on the front of their jerseys were fading off.
Look no further than our stadium. We don’t worry about the flashy stuff unless it’s a gold trophy
Good point!!!

Manwithplan
All State

Post by Manwithplan »

SpeedKillz wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:28 pm
Kirtland80 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:16 pm
SpeedKillz wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:13 pm

Absolutely & Leverde schemes perfectly & sets them up to use their speed & hit all the gaps. LB play is excellent on defense.

Ironton runs into this issue in title games a lot because they simply dont play anyone of even close to equitable ability. It lulls them into a false sense of their ability and then they go North and hit the inevitable wall. Pendleton is a very good coach, but Leverde outcoached him again. Def a wake up call for Ironton. Tons of room for growth.
If Ironton wants to “gauge” how good they really are, they’ll have to leave the OVC.

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

BuckeyeBond wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:01 pm
Kirtland80 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:48 pm
BuckeyeBond wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:46 pm With all the success that Kirtland has had this past decade why don’t they invest in some better uniforms? Half the teams numbers on the front of their jerseys were fading off.
Look no further than our stadium. We don’t worry about the flashy stuff unless it’s a gold trophy
Good point!!!
That’s about all of the seating lol. We love it though. No place like home 💕
Attachments
828EAE6D-E99E-4F53-AFE6-93FD07044C34.jpeg

6O HORN3TS 🐝
SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

BigChuck wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:29 pm Bob Lutz never got beat like that in any of his state runner-up seasons...
Lake Catholic thumped Lutz.

31 - 7.

Pretty much same song when Ironton plays a NE team. Not much has changed.

TigerMania
JV Team

Post by TigerMania »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:51 pm Terrible play calling from ironton. It’s like the same 3 plays.
I agree totally! Congrats to the players on a fine season and the seniors for being such a good group. Reid thank you for the 4 years we got to watch an awesome football player but kid as well. Good luck to you at Ohio State. Kirtland is the real deal and congrats to you all. We should have never got beat like this though.

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

TigerMania wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:31 pm
Beergogglebluez wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:51 pm Terrible play calling from ironton. It’s like the same 3 plays.
I agree totally! Congrats to the players on a fine season and the seniors for being such a good group. Reid thank you for the 4 years we got to watch an awesome football player but kid as well. Good luck to you at Ohio State. Kirtland is the real deal and congrats to you all. We should have never got beat like this though.
Thank you. Best of luck next season. Let’s make it 3 in a row

6O HORN3TS 🐝
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Manwithplan wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:07 pm
Kirtland80 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:16 pm

If Ironton wants to “gauge” how good they really are, they’ll have to leave the OVC.
So you abandon all the other ironton high school sports because you had two back to back solid years? You think the other OVC Schools will say, yeah you can leave football and stay in the other sports? Seriously doubt it.

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

wobycat wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:38 pm
Manwithplan wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:07 pm

So you abandon all the other ironton high school sports because you had two back to back solid years? You think the other OVC Schools will say, yeah you can leave football and stay in the other sports? Seriously doubt it.
I doubt it also. The MAC schools weren’t having it when New Bremen was trying to be forced out of the MAC. All of them stood up for NB. If NB wanted to willingly leave, they would have had to take ALL sports with them

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

BigChuck wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:29 pm Bob Lutz never got beat like that in any of his state runner-up seasons...
Well, he never had to play Kirtland either so...

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
efarns
S

Post by efarns »

Good season, Ironton

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

Our little hometown ❤️

6O HORN3TS 🐝
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Great season Ironton!!! Kirtland just seems to be on a different level right now. Maybe someone needs to mirror what they are doing and beat them at there own game.

Don't count out Burg in Region 19. They'll have a strong Junior class and I think a pretty good Sophomore class coming up. I think Derrick Lattimore will be a force to reckon with as long as he is utilized right. O-line might be suspect but I'm sure they will plug some bodies in there.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Kirtland80 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:29 pm Our little hometown ❤️

Those are nice. I remember when Wheelersburg won in 2017, they didn't get home until after Midnight but still yet the train went for miles on the highway up to the stadium. Fun times for sure

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:33 pm Great season Ironton!!! Kirtland just seems to be on a different level right now. Maybe someone needs to mirror what they are doing and beat them at there own game.

Don't count out Burg in Region 19. They'll have a strong Junior class and I think a pretty good Sophomore class coming up. I think Derrick Lattimore will be a force to reckon with as long as he is utilized right. O-line might be suspect but I'm sure they will plug some bodies in there.
Someone was mentioning us playing burg. Idk if it was you or not. Can’t remember. Maybe we will get to play next year

6O HORN3TS 🐝
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Kirtland vs
Glenville
Cloverleaf
Brunswick

Yes, all much bigger but I believe all three would be awesome games.

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:36 pm
Kirtland80 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:29 pm Our little hometown ❤️

Those are nice. I remember when Wheelersburg won in 2017, they didn't get home until after Midnight but still yet the train went for miles on the highway up to the stadium. Fun times for sure
They are never under-appreciated. Our kids put in a crazy amount of work to make this happen. Most do not realize the kind of work these guys put in

6O HORN3TS 🐝
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Kirtland80 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:37 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:33 pm Great season Ironton!!! Kirtland just seems to be on a different level right now. Maybe someone needs to mirror what they are doing and beat them at there own game.

Someone was mentioning us playing burg. Idk if it was you or not. Can’t remember. Maybe we will get to play next year

It wasn't me but I'd like to see it. Be a long trip for one of the teams though. maybe they could meet and play at Fortress Obetz. That's about halfway for both schools. Burg will pretty much play anyone but I'm pretty sure their non-league schedule is already set.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

If the goal for Ironton is state titles, Ironton at some point has to EVOLVE & play 21st century football. Relying on power only is fine when its against OVC ( school of the blind), or wheelersburg, and sometimes, even Ashland, but when ya head to the big games against NEO programs, ya need more. Ya need balance. Ya need speed. Ya need weapons.

I noticed, from Harvest Prep on, touches for some of the other Tigers ( Carter, West, York, Duncan,) etc, got less and less. Irontons offense became one dimensional against stiff competion, and the play calling became very vanilla, predictable, and less productive. Guess they expected they could just outmuscle every team? Ironton is the Buffalo Bills of Ohio High School football. Always the bridesmaid. The program has made some great strides in the last 3 years but currently, the room for growth is the largest room in the house.

Sidenote: Seniors finished 0 - 3 vs Ashland, 1 - 2 vs Wheelersburg, 0 - 2 vs Kirtland.

Vs the most formidable competition, locally and post season play, seniors finished below average. Food for thought.
Last edited by SpeedKillz on Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:47 pm
Kirtland80 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:37 pm

It wasn't me but I'd like to see it. Be a long trip for one of the teams though. maybe they could meet and play at Fortress Obetz. That's about halfway for both schools. Burg will pretty much play anyone but I'm pretty sure their non-league schedule is already set.
I was meaning in the playoffs but we’d be up for regular season games as well. We tried to schedule way up this year the best we could. It was kind of hard to get teams at the last minute

6O HORN3TS 🐝

Return to “Football”