Wheelersburg vs Bishop Hartley week #13 Region 17 Final

JasonClaytor
Freshman Team

Re: Wheelersburg vs Bishop Hartley week #13 Region 17 Final

Post by JasonClaytor »

Sport Fan wrote:
run n shoot 08 wrote:Hartley-45
Wheelersburg- 14

You are not very good at predictions at all.. The BURG gave more than Hartley wanted and then some... Just for clear understanding .. Someone said that Hartley's touchdown that was called back , should have not been called... clip #75 reveals #14 clearly holding #31 until the runner got by and then holds his hands up like he did not do anything... Clip 113 shows that the ball was not tipped at all, the flag should have stayed... Should of,coluld of , would of, none of this matters, this is part of the game.. The Stats say it all.. Burg Total yards 457.. Hartley 427... First downs Burg 28.. Hartley 28...

The one turnover was the differnce (the onside kick) in this game... Hartley weakness their (defense) and their injurys will cause them not to win it all....

This was the Best high school game that i have ever seen.. Two Great footbal Teams going at it all night.... One big difference from a small community vs a big city community is the support of the players to one another.. If one of the Burg Team mates got hurt at the end of a game, win or not, they would have not celebrated until he was with them....
Well I am pretty sure I predicted Hartley's point total correctly? But anyways, you really got me! I'm just so upset that I didn't predict the score correctly... Joke.. I'm just glad Hartley won and will be playing in week 14 for the 4th time in the past 5 years. I like to predict scores for fun. And last week against St. Clairsville I almost predicted the exact final score.

I already said Wheelersburg had an excellent game plan OFFENSIVELY... They executed it very well. Problem is Hartley executed their overall game plan better, by coming up with key stops and big plays when they mattered most. The stats say it all. Hartley was able to win win because they executed better, and know how to fight back in adverse situations. Hartley was the better team; no questioning when the final score says it.

Congratulations to Wheelersburg on a great season.

dawg catcher
Waterboy

Post by dawg catcher »

[quote="run n shoot 08"][quote="Sport Fan"][quote="run n shoot 08"]Hartley-45
Wheelersburg- 14[/quote]

You are not very good at predictions at all.. The BURG gave more than Hartley wanted and then some... Just for clear understanding .. Someone said that Hartley's touchdown that was called back , should have not been called... clip #75 reveals #14 clearly holding #31 until the runner got by and then holds his hands up like he did not do anything... Clip 113 shows that the ball was not tipped at all, the flag should have stayed... Should of,coluld of , would of, none of this matters, this is part of the game.. The Stats say it all.. Burg Total yards 457.. Hartley 427... First downs Burg 28.. Hartley 28...

The one turnover was the differnce (the onside kick) in this game... Hartley weakness their (defense) and their injurys will cause them not to win it all....

This was the Best high school game that i have ever seen.. Two Great footbal Teams going at it all night.... One big difference from a small community vs a big city community is the support of the players to one another.. If one of the Burg Team mates got hurt at the end of a game, win or not, they would have not celebrated until he was with them....[/quote]

Well I am pretty sure I predicted Hartley's point total correctly? But anyways, you really got me! I'm just so upset that I didn't predict the score correctly... Joke.. I'm just glad Hartley won and will be playing in week 14 for the 4th time in the past 5 years. I like to predict scores for fun. And last week against St. Clairsville I almost predicted the exact final score.

I already said Wheelersburg had an excellent game plan OFFENSIVELY... They executed it very well. Problem is Hartley executed their overall game plan better, by coming up with key stops and big plays when they mattered most. The stats say it all. Hartley was able to win win because they executed better, and know how to fight back in adverse situations. Hartley was the better team; no questioning when the final score says it.

Congratulations to Wheelersburg on a great season.[/quote]

Don't know that I would agree that Hartley was the better team! As an unbiased observer, I thought it was to GREAT offensive teams doing battle. Wheelersburg made some crucial stops to keep them in the game as did Hartley! Hartley outperformed Wheelersburg on one critical drive that won them the game. Not trying to argue with anyone, but I thought it was a very well played game by 2 very evenly matched teams! Was one of the better high school football games I have ever seen and congrats to both teams for laying it all on the line and playing your hearts out. I do, however, believe that Wheelersburg had a shot at winning it in regulation... they had been having some success through the air in the 2nd half and chose to run it in the final minute. Obviously their coaching staff did an excellent job and not trying to second guess them, just in my opinion they had a shot at the win in that situation.

niholly
Freshman Team

Post by niholly »

Was at the game solely for the purpose of getting the chance to see Hartley. I've seen Wheelersburg play this year and walked away knowing they were a good football team. Everyone kept saying Hartley state champs and Hartley this and that so it was in Chillicothe so I decided to see what the buzz was about. I left this game being more impressed with Wheelersburg from the game I seen them to this game just simply an amazing game from a burg stand point, minus a botched kickoff return which honestly in a game that close was HUGE it's the one mistake Burg made that they couldn't have to beat them. However, from a Hartley standpoint and I'll probably get hung out by people but it's just one mans opinion. Hartley played extremely hard, hit every single play. For me they took to long making adjustments to the defensive front the entire first half Wheelersburg had no intentions of throwing the ball especially when they're lining up 3 down linemen and 2 LBS and sneaking in a strong safety into the box from time to time. Offensively I thought they were pretty predictable and didn't use the QB near enough that kid has a heck of an arm and is extremely accurate. I mean when #44 was on the field was there any question of him getting the ball only out there on very few plays where he didn't get it not even used as a decoy. I might add that dude might possibly be one of the fastest high schoolers I've seen play live. With the speed they possess and his arm I really seen no reason why they made things so one dimensional. Just didn't see enough there for me to believe they were everything that was being said about them. Solid team but not some unstoppable force that people were saying could win division 2 and 3 regions. Good Luck to them heading forward hopefully the injuries sustained to the big guys won't be to significant. As for burg seen you play just once this year and have seen you a lot over years past and I applaud your efforts that was such a gutty performance, without a doubt best game I've witnessed from the pirates.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

I'm still trying to figure out how a tipped ball travels 40 yards.....

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Sport Fan wrote:
Wheelersburg- 14

This was the Best high school game that i have ever seen.. Two Great footbal Teams going at it all night.... One big difference from a small community vs a big city community is the support of the players to one another.. If one of the Burg Team mates got hurt at the end of a game, win or not, they would have not celebrated until he was with them....

This is one of the worst comments I have ever seen on this board...How could you possibly have any idea how the Hartley kids feel about one another? That is just ridiculous. I wasn't at the game but based on what I read, the player in question was hurt on the final play. Are you implying that if the Burg kids would have made the final stop to win the game they would have waited around to make sure all their teammates were back up on their feet and healthy before they went crazy in celebration? You have got to be kidding me?

JasonClaytor
Freshman Team

Post by JasonClaytor »

Greygoose wrote:Was at the game solely for the purpose of getting the chance to see Hartley. I've seen Wheelersburg play this year and walked away knowing they were a good football team. Everyone kept saying Hartley state champs and Hartley this and that so it was in Chillicothe so I decided to see what the buzz was about. I left this game being more impressed with Wheelersburg from the game I seen them to this game just simply an amazing game from a burg stand point, minus a botched kickoff return which honestly in a game that close was HUGE it's the one mistake Burg made that they couldn't have to beat them. However, from a Hartley standpoint and I'll probably get hung out by people but it's just one mans opinion. Hartley played extremely hard, hit every single play. For me they took to long making adjustments to the defensive front the entire first half Wheelersburg had no intentions of throwing the ball especially when they're lining up 3 down linemen and 2 LBS and sneaking in a strong safety into the box from time to time. Offensively I thought they were pretty predictable and didn't use the QB near enough that kid has a heck of an arm and is extremely accurate. I mean when #44 was on the field was there any question of him getting the ball only out there on very few plays where he didn't get it not even used as a decoy. I might add that dude might possibly be one of the fastest high schoolers I've seen play live. With the speed they possess and his arm I really seen no reason why they made things so one dimensional. Just didn't see enough there for me to believe they were everything that was being said about them. Solid team but not some unstoppable force that people were saying could win division 2 and 3 regions. Good Luck to them heading forward hopefully the injuries sustained to the big guys won't be to significant. As for burg seen you play just once this year and have seen you a lot over years past and I applaud your efforts that was such a gutty performance, without a doubt best game I've witnessed from the pirates.
Great teams find a way to win. Four regional titles in five years and two state championship appearances in that time doesn't happen by accident. Enough said..

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

The games over! Congrats to Hartley on the win, as for the injured players I hope its nothing serious and that they can recover quickly! Hopefully we meet again next year!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Hartley will be realigned to a higher division.

niholly
Freshman Team

Post by niholly »

run n shoot 08 wrote:
Greygoose wrote:Was at the game solely for the purpose of getting the chance to see Hartley. I've seen Wheelersburg play this year and walked away knowing they were a good football team. Everyone kept saying Hartley state champs and Hartley this and that so it was in Chillicothe so I decided to see what the buzz was about. I left this game being more impressed with Wheelersburg from the game I seen them to this game just simply an amazing game from a burg stand point, minus a botched kickoff return which honestly in a game that close was HUGE it's the one mistake Burg made that they couldn't have to beat them. However, from a Hartley standpoint and I'll probably get hung out by people but it's just one mans opinion. Hartley played extremely hard, hit every single play. For me they took to long making adjustments to the defensive front the entire first half Wheelersburg had no intentions of throwing the ball especially when they're lining up 3 down linemen and 2 LBS and sneaking in a strong safety into the box from time to time. Offensively I thought they were pretty predictable and didn't use the QB near enough that kid has a heck of an arm and is extremely accurate. I mean when #44 was on the field was there any question of him getting the ball only out there on very few plays where he didn't get it not even used as a decoy. I might add that dude might possibly be one of the fastest high schoolers I've seen play live. With the speed they possess and his arm I really seen no reason why they made things so one dimensional. Just didn't see enough there for me to believe they were everything that was being said about them. Solid team but not some unstoppable force that people were saying could win division 2 and 3 regions. Good Luck to them heading forward hopefully the injuries sustained to the big guys won't be to significant. As for burg seen you play just once this year and have seen you a lot over years past and I applaud your efforts that was such a gutty performance, without a doubt best game I've witnessed from the pirates.
Great teams find a way to win. Four regional titles in five years and two state championship appearances in that time doesn't happen by accident. Enough said..
Think you need to look a littler closer at my post, never said they weren't a good team. But did I witness a great team no I did not. You can list all the PAST accolades you want, I'm simply talking this team right here right now isn't what everyone made them out to be. People were on here saying they'd beat DII and DIII schools not on that night they weren't. I seen a good team play sound football without making any mistakes. I didn't watch a team that would just run buckshot over all that oppose. ENOUGH SAID.....you think differently great I could care less just saying I was disappointed but then again my expectations were very high going in it was going to be hard to match.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

wobycat wrote:Hartley will be realigned to a higher division.
Good! Lol they have more boys on their team then burg has in high school period!

siderman57
Freshman Team

Post by siderman57 »

Crab's brother wrote:
Sport Fan wrote:
Wheelersburg- 14

This is one of the worst comments I have ever seen on this board...How could you possibly have any idea how the Hartley kids feel about one another? That is just ridiculous. I wasn't at the game but based on what I read, the player in question was hurt on the final play. Are you implying that if the Burg kids would have made the final stop to win the game they would have waited around to make sure all their teammates were back up on their feet and healthy before they went crazy in celebration? You have got to be kidding me?

You are correct you were not at this Game... I would not expect a Valley person to understand either.. Duh... And yes you are correct again..IF the Burg would have won this game and one of their Team mates were injured , they would have went crazy in celebrations right away like Hartley.. However when they noticed they had a team mate injured , they would have waited until that team mate could get up to do the team celebration with them as a TEAM ... Sounds that crazt to you , go figure...

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Another quality post...You continue to prove my assumptions of you correct.

siderman57
Freshman Team

Post by siderman57 »

Crab's brother wrote:Another quality post...You continue to prove my assumptions of you correct.

You may want to think twice before making comments on something you have no idea about .... You may want to ask questions before assuming moving foward young man... You are correct yet again on your comment (my assumptions)..

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Crab's brother wrote:Another quality post...You continue to prove my assumptions of you correct.
I will also continue to prove your assumptions correct, I agree with the posters above.

xxChampionxx 5
Riding the Bench

Post by xxChampionxx 5 »

Hartley enrollment declined the last two years and will likely decline again after the change in the state Ed-choice program and the implementation of the admissions placement exam.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Sport Fan wrote:

You may want to think twice before making comments on something you have no idea about .... You may want to ask questions before assuming moving foward young man... You are correct yet again on your comment (my assumptions)..
You were the one who assumed that the Burg players cared more about their teammates than the Hartley players. Not me.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Sapientia et Veritas wrote:
Hartley enrollment declined the last two years and will likely decline again after the change in the state Ed-choice program and the implementation of the admissions placement exam.
he may be talking about the "competitive balance issue" that starts in the 2016-2017 season

xxChampionxx 5
Riding the Bench

Post by xxChampionxx 5 »

Sport Fan wrote:If one of the Burg Team mates got hurt at the end of a game, win or not, they would have not celebrated until he was with them....
Only if you're at your own house with your own AD calling the shots. OHSAA runs the timing and flow of that post-game.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

If you have players, that haven't been there since junior high, then they are multiplied by a factor. My guess there are a few on the team. They may not be accepted next year, unless they run a 4.4. Then a poor golfer gets his scholarship pulled.

Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

wobycat wrote:
If you have players, that haven't been there since junior high, then they are multiplied by a factor. My guess there are a few on the team. They may not be accepted next year, unless they run a 4.4. Then a poor golfer gets his scholarship pulled.
:roll: :lol:

Return to “Football”