The Official "Who's Next at Jackson Thread"

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Re: The Official "Who's Next at Jackson Thread"

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

Axe N Shield....In answer to your questions, yes I was at the meeting and yes Larry Hall was hired as an assistant.

Also, Andy Hall was hired as a teacher in the district.

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Post by Axe N Shield »

Thanks Keyser! I appreciate it buddy!

Jackson got themselves two fine coaches! Larry Hall is a great defensive coach; he'll probably be your new Defensive Coordinator! As far as Andy goes... he's a chip off the ole' block and is a great QB coach! You'll see! I think you all will be very very satisfied!

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

Axe N Shield....You are welcome.

And yes, Andy even said in our interview this evening that Larry Hall will head up the defense.

ocho stinko
JV Team

Post by ocho stinko »

I hope they hired the right guy for the job. I think the next two years are very critical for our program. I know one thing if he loses week 1 the honeymoon period will be over asap. Plus I hope he is thick skinned, and if he has children don't let them stand in the end zone where the know it all potty mouth fans are! Best of luck to the new coach!

JacksonI
Freshman Team

Post by JacksonI »

Does anyone know what was actually said at the board meeting last night?

Jacksonite
Waterboy

Post by Jacksonite »

Had anyone from East heard this was coming? Anyone find it odd that the head coach and assistant coach being hired at the same meeting. Especially when the Assistant is still Head Coach elsewhere. Wonder if both were interviewed together.
:lol:

irish08
Riding the Bench

Post by irish08 »

hogwild and sleepy floyd, maybe they have found a school they can be proud of, and stay a while because the schools that they were at before has no football tradition, and I would also be ashamed to say that I coached at some of them schools, and would want to leave them asap to. so youg guys need to worry about your own coaching and not that of JACKSON!

redcoat
Riding the Bench

Post by redcoat »

theassassin wrote:looks like redcoat had the right call on this one.... maybe he was also right about that zone offense for basketball. i might just have to put in an order for his blu ray after all

Don't forget assassin, Buescher was the first choice. A deal just couldn't be struck. But, I think the Ironmen made a good choice. My sources were on the money, even with Larry. Didn't I send you a copy of the blu ray???????????? Maybe 92 and Oucho will order one now.

redcoat
Riding the Bench

Post by redcoat »

ocho stinko wrote:I hope they hired the right guy for the job. I think the next two years are very critical for our program. I know one thing if he loses week 1 the honeymoon period will be over asap. Plus I hope he is thick skinned, and if he has children don't let them stand in the end zone where the know it all potty mouth fans are! Best of luck to the new coach!

Didn't you know, you don't have to pay for parking if you stand in the end zone?

pigskinguru
Freshman Team

Post by pigskinguru »

hogwild and sleepy floyd, maybe they have found a school they can be proud of, and stay a while because the schools that they were at before has no football tradition, and I would also be ashamed to say that I coached at some of them schools, and would want to leave them asap to. so youg guys need to worry about your own coaching and not that of JACKSON!

irish08,
You make everyone from Jackson sound dumber every time you speak. I hope you are a kid. It is hard for me to believe that an adult could be as ignorant as you sound all the time.

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Post by Axe N Shield »

irish08 wrote:hogwild and sleepy floyd, maybe they have found a school they can be proud of, and stay a while because the schools that they were at before has no football tradition, and I would also be ashamed to say that I coached at some of them schools, and would want to leave them asap to. so youg guys need to worry about your own coaching and not that of JACKSON!

Irish08... I think if you ask Andy or Larry about their experience here in Sciotoville; they will tell you that they had a great time while here and really enjoyed it and the community! The Jackson position happened to come at a time in Andy's life that was right and he grabbed it! Also, lets not make this totally about wanting to coach here versus there! One of the other main reasons for Andy going to Jackson was that a History teaching position was avaliable too! He hated being at Valley and wanted out of their bad!

Most people in Sciotoville knew that Larry wanted to be an assistant with Andy from the start! Larry and Andy both were well liked here at Sciotoville and they neither one left on any "bad terms"!

East will be just fine and both of the Hall's have offered their assistance to the next coaching staff! It was well known when Larry was hired at Sciotoville that, Stacey Bond would be the next Head Coach at East after Larry had left! We will most likely be running the Double Wing again!

Oh yeah! Irish08 where have you coached high school football at and what years?

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

watch them beat Logan :mrgreen:

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

:aaaaa8

irish08
Riding the Bench

Post by irish08 »

pigskinguru you are an idiot, you call yourself a "guru" a guru of what? it is not of ironmen football, because you would not let some of these morons, talk about the coach that has a long road ahead of him to revive this program, and if you have a kid in the program than your remarks might matter, and people on here saying that the talent is low this year, when in fact the talent we have coming back in our senior class and underclass men is probably the best in years. "guru" I said all that to simply say that if you do not have a dog in the fight keep your mouth shout!!!!!!!!

ocho stinko
JV Team

Post by ocho stinko »

Lets give the new head coach a chance and not get ahead of ourselves. He sounds great on paper. Sounds like he is a great guy and will work his tail off. However, to say this is the most talented team in years is simply insane. To say we will beat Logan this year is ridiculous. I love Jackson and will root for the kids every week. Also, anytime you hire a new coach it will take a while for the players to pick up his system. Unless we get move ins I think we are looking at a 3 to 4 win season at best. Lets just support the head coach give him time and not have crazy insane expectations this year. I am rooting for our new coach and have confidence in him, but it will take time. Need to be patient.

sleepy floyd
Riding the Bench

Post by sleepy floyd »

I think they should give these two time and be patient with them the players at Jackson will have to learn a new offense and defense, although i don't know if The Hall's will be patient enough to make it if things don't go as they plan. I don't think Jackson is the same situation as Northwest but Larry didn't stick that situation out.
Only time will tell Best of Luck Jackson

Ironmanfan01
Waterboy

Post by Ironmanfan01 »

I knew it was Andy Hall the whole time. Also, Pavilion is a jack@ss!

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Considering I think Andy Hall is now officially the most successful and probably winningest coach in JHS history, I think this worked out okay.

Jackson Football
Freshman Team

Post by Jackson Football »

Coach Hall has done an amazing job at Jackson. Consistent program from peewee on up.

12 seasons as head coach
92-24 regular season record
5-8 playoff record
7 league championships

Return to “Football”