D5 State Semis! Final 4! Coldwater vs. Wheelersburg

schmittie32
Riding the Bench

Re: D5 State Semis! Final 4! Coldwater vs. Wheelersburg

Post by schmittie32 »

I tried to warn burg posters on here that Coldwater was 4-6 TDs better than burg but they were having none of it...Nothing like a scoreboard (and a running clock) to provide a much needed reality check for some Burg posters on here. Congrats to Burg players however on a great season. Great season.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Coldwater was impressive. Burg does not need to hold their head down. Great season

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

The MAC is a totally different beast. 4 teams in the playoffs, 3 in the State Semis (Minster lost to Ft. Recovery in the Regional Finals in an all-MAC battle) 2 playing for titles with Marion Local playing tomorrow.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Raider6309 wrote:Running clock. Never thought it would be a blow out

I'd be willing to bet it will be the same in the second next week as well.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
MAC
Waterboy

Post by MAC »

Fine season for Burg. However it is poetic justice for some of the Burg posters on here. Many decided to double down on disrespecting Coldwater and making ridiculous predictions of a blowout Burg win whenever someone would dare to point out that the Cavs may be on a different level. Bottom line is that Burg played a pretty weak schedule and won one of the weakest playoff regions in the state. Nothing they saw all year prepared them for what Coldwater brought to the table.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

schmittie32 wrote:I tried to warn burg posters on here that Coldwater was 4-6 TDs better than burg but they were having none of it...Nothing like a scoreboard (and a running clock) to provide a much needed reality check for some Burg posters on here. Congrats to Burg players however on a great season. Great season.
I tried to stay as neutral as I could all season on here & backed the burg & their fans, but I warned them of what I traveled from Orlando last year & witnessed coldh20 do to CCC.

I stayed quiet to not bring more backlash than already was being served between posters.

Burg was the best SEO could bring & will for seasons to come. They are the class team & coach from our River area!
The seniors served up one heckuva performance this year. It will become tougher as regions realign. Only burg has a chance for several seasons.
WHS coach is classy. Just gave one helluva an overview of his team & raising the level bar of WHS FB this season!!!

I may have isolated some plays by CHS for attention to their detail, but it was no way meant as a dis to WHS as pointed out by BOOYAH! See next post/quote!!!
Last edited by Tjhtygeverve on Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Booyah wrote:
Tjhtygeverve wrote:
Raider6309 wrote:Running clock. Never thought it would be a blow out
Sometimes it's better to be quiet on this board about the unimaginable to some.
Davis sacked @ 15.
#chsandmacrule

After demeaning and ridiculing other athletes? NOW it's better to be quiet?

Karma sucks!

RUNNING CLOCK!!!!!!!!!
BOOYAH.

The name speaks for karma itself!

Colonel
Waterboy

Post by Colonel »

Stadium probably too small for Burg Fans. Proper facility and they win this game.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

I'm impartial to both teams.

Despite the score, I would definitely opine Wheelersburg is not 4-5 scores worse than Coldwater. I'd say Coldwater is two scores better yet would still beat Burg nine times out of ten. Wasn't at the game, but the reason why this was as lopsided is the simple difference in competition. Coldwater is one of, if not the, best small public school program(s) in America. They play in arguably the best small school conference in America. Even without Marion Local and Fort Recovery, any given schedule where they have to play St Henry, Minster, Versailles and your typical DSJ is arguably tougher than what Wheelersburg plays in the SOC (sans Valley).

Both Cold-H2O and 'Burg are fine programs historically and present. Coldwater played 3 Wheelersburg's (MSML, Ft Recovery & Delphos Jefferson) and a tough league schedule, and 'Burg played zero Coldwaters. That was the difference.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

[quote="Colonel"]Stadium probably too small for Burg Fans. Proper facility and they win this game.[/quote
OH MY
Last edited by Tjhtygeverve on Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

mikepike wrote:The MAC is a totally different beast. 4 teams in the playoffs, 3 in the State Semis (Minster lost to Ft. Recovery in the Regional Finals in an all-MAC battle) 2 playing for titles with Marion Local playing tomorrow.
I did see this coming but didn't want to come across as unsupportive for an area team.

In reality, if W'burg was in the MAc they'd be the 5th or 6th place every year. Our region just got exposed on how weak it really is.

Can't see any team from our region competing with even St. Henry, ML, Ft. Recovery, Versialls, or Minster either.

What's their secret? No soccer.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

formerfcfan wrote:I'm impartial to both teams.

Despite the score, I would definitely opine Wheelersburg is not 4-5 scores worse than Coldwater. I'd say Coldwater is two scores better yet would still beat Burg nine times out of ten. Wasn't at the game, but the reason why this was as lopsided is the simple difference in competition. Coldwater is one of, if not the, best small public school program(s) in America. They play in arguably the best small school conference in America. Even without Marion Local and Fort Recovery, any given schedule where they have to play St Henry, Minster, Versailles and your typical DSJ is arguably tougher than what Wheelersburg plays in the SOC (sans Valley).

Both Cold-H2O and 'Burg are fine programs historically and present. Coldwater played 3 Wheelersburg's (MSML, Ft Recovery & Delphos Jefferson) and a tough league schedule, and 'Burg played zero Coldwaters. That was the difference.
Fairly good concept for a post. Normally I'd throw in my IHS fighting Tigers in there with valley/SOC best, but not since lutz left..
CONTINUE TO TOUGHEN UP BURG!!!!

Booyah
Waterboy

Post by Booyah »

Tjhtygeverve wrote:
Booyah wrote:
Tjhtygeverve wrote: Sometimes it's better to be quiet on this board about the unimaginable to some.
Davis sacked @ 15.
#chsandmacrule

After demeaning and ridiculing other athletes? NOW it's better to be quiet?

Karma sucks!

RUNNING CLOCK!!!!!!!!!
BOOYAH.

The name speaks for karma itself!
The difference between some Burg fans and myself is that I would never demean nor ridicule a bunch of kids playing a sport they love. Pointing out irony, however..........

For weeks it's been those kids stink and we are so highly superior compared to whomever. These are kids playing a game together. There is never any need to demean nor ridicule kids no matter their age.
Last edited by Booyah on Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

vladimir wrote:
mikepike wrote:The MAC is a totally different beast. 4 teams in the playoffs, 3 in the State Semis (Minster lost to Ft. Recovery in the Regional Finals in an all-MAC battle) 2 playing for titles with Marion Local playing tomorrow.
I did see this coming but didn't want to come across as unsupportive for an area team.

In reality, if W'burg was in the MAc they'd be the 5th or 6th place every year. Our region just got exposed on how weak it really is.

Can't see any team from our region competing with even St. Henry, ML, Ft. Recovery, Versialls, or Minster either.

& German/ Amish mix & work ethic.

MAC
Waterboy

Post by MAC »

And then there was the one poster that said "Jackson would probably beat MSML." Hilarious!! MSML would beat anyone south of 70 and east of 71 by at least 4 scores.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Tjhtygeverve wrote:
Raider6309 wrote:I doubt Coldwater has 5 D1 skill players and Mr football
True dat.
But ya don't need 5 division 1 prospects that Lose the state final, when ONLY 1 to 2 of them will see consistuent college play...
When you have
Players that win the state every year!!!!
The statsthey keep repeating are just unbelievable.
Sorry, Athens fan, I was there last year & I was almost as heartbroken as you!!!

Sad to hear WHS faithful are not staying to see their future players last offensive drive: " per WNXT webcast"
Yes you do in the bigger divisions. Why we have divisions.
Last edited by Raider6309 on Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Tjhtygeverve wrote:
vladimir wrote:

& German/ Amish mix & work ethic.
Education and low unemployment. 90% German catholic.

In speaking with a group of CW's parents, not one kid is a D1 prospect. # 1 who scored three TDs tonight is going to the small college of Sinclair on a baseball stipen.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

Congratulations to the Burgs young men on a great season.

You can't handle the truth
FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Fantastic season Burg!

You made many memories that'll last you a lifetime.

There's nothing wrong with Burg fans coming on a crazy chat site supporting their team with confidence. Were they supposed to say they'll get beat by 4 tds by a team that has won multiple state titles? Any fan base in the region would have done the same as Burg in support of their team. And, some Burg fans come on this site to fish and it never fails the little guppies come out biting. lol Relax, it isn't that serious

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

:)
Last edited by Tjhtygeverve on Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Football”