Ironton v Burg 2020

bbjunky81
SEO

Re: Ironton v Burg 2021

Post by bbjunky81 »

wobycat wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:40 pm
bbjunky81 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:36 pm I’m perfectly fine questioning the transfers of Ironton being dirty or not dirty… but wobycat you Burg folks have no business even mentioning it with the abundance of transfers you all have received over the years.

Ironton just decided to do what Burg’s done for many years except do it even better and yes, probably a little dirtier.
You will never find any year of transfers like what we are seeing now. Anyone who doesn’t see it, just pouring it on burg. I get it.

Woby, I like ya buddy. I do. I tend to agree with the majority of stuff you post on Preps. You’re definitely a guy I’d like to have a beer with.

But you let your blinders take over when it comes to these conversations.

Yes, Ironton has several transfers. We’re they all coincidence? I’m sure not. Were some probably a little bit dirty in terms of being recruited? Yeah, probably. But Burg has been the #1 receiver of transfers in Scioto County for decades now. Let’s not act like all of them were perfectly clean transfers either. Might want to look into a few of your boosters as well as one of your board members who I know FOR A FACT goes outta there way to try and recruit some kids each year…

Just because Ironton has beat you to the punch doesn’t mean they’re any more guilty than the team you love so dearly.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

wobycat wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:41 pm I’m finished. Good luck to the tigers from here on out.
Are we getting closer too maybe seeing Burg go for a more youthful ( viable) approach w staff? Is Woodard & co becoming antiquated?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Speedkillz is the only one who speaks truth in this scenario

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

bbjunky81 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:39 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:38 pm
Bleeding Red wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:35 pm

Like Burg hasn't done this for decades.......come on man.

Really!!! Tell me who or when has Burg ever brought in 5,6 or 7 players in one season!!!

You always throw this bullshit out yet you can never produce more than 1 to 2 kids that came in to Burg and were and immediate impact player.

So now the argument in Burg is “yeah well tell us a year we brought in 6 or 7 new kids! We only bring in a couple!”

As stated above, don’t get mad that Ironton is beating you all at your own game.

I can’t even remember a year where there were a couple as you say come in. Ironton’s brought in 5 to 6 kids a year for the last 2 years. Players that were impact players for them.

What’s funny is you all think Ironton has just started bringing kids in!! Hell, they consistently got players from Ashland and some of the other Lawrence co schools years ago.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

wobycat wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:43 pm
SpeedKillz wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:42 pm
wobycat wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:37 pm

Lol I knew you would come in with the same argument. You know what I’m talking about.
It is easier to win with talent. But marketing your program and making it a destination is ALSO part of the job description in 2021.

Burgs Woodward is getting lapped by Irontons younger staff rn.
Well if that’s what it takes, I guess burg does lack in the recruiting
They gotta step it up.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

bbjunky81 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:44 pm
bbjunky81 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:36 pm I’m perfectly fine questioning the transfers of Ironton being dirty or not dirty… but wobycat you Burg folks have no business even mentioning it with the abundance of transfers you all have received over the years.

Ironton just decided to do what Burg’s done for many years except do it even better and yes, probably a little dirtier.
You will never find any year of transfers like what we are seeing now. Anyone who doesn’t see it, just pouring it on burg. I get it.

Woby, I like ya buddy. I do. I tend to agree with the majority of stuff you post on Preps. You’re definitely a guy I’d like to have a beer with.

Yes, Ironton has several transfers. We’re they all coincidence? I’m sure not. Were some probably a little bit dirty in terms of being recruited? Yeah, probably. But Burg has been the #1 receiver of transfers in Scioto County for decades now. Let’s not act like all of them were perfectly clean transfers either. Might want to look into a few of your boosters as well as one of your board members who I know FOR A FACT goes outta there way to try and recruit some kids each year…

Just because Ironton has beat you to the punch doesn’t mean they’re any more guilty than the team you love so dearly.
Burg has had transfers but I stand my position on this being a whole different level. A level that truly makes a tilting point

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

wobycat wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:45 pm Speedkillz is the only one who speaks truth in this scenario
Because I dont live in that area. I live in a much larger area and ik this kinda thing is normal.

Ever checked out texas & fla high school football?

Recruiting is as competitive as collegiate.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

The pirates got pushed around at the LOS. They had their chances but the Tigers defense coupled with lackluster play in the red zone led to key turnovers. Ironton was better prepared and they looked in mid season form. Jmo

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Ironton is only doing what Burg does (and has done for many years) but on a much higher level…. Are they dirtier about it? I don’t know, probably. But they’re just playing “the game” better than what Burg is these days.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

wobycat wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:47 pm
bbjunky81 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:44 pm

Burg has had transfers but I stand my position on this being a whole different level. A level that truly makes a tilting point
Absolutely it does. You're not being dishonest.

The mistake ironton fans are making is not owning it. They dont own it yet because they also still have a bit of an outdated perspective.

What they should say is: "Yep. Catch up or get left."

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

wobycat wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:21 pm
SpeedKillz wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:19 pm

You know how many transfers occur yearly in the columbus & Cincy schools? Or even the Charleston Wv schools? And its never fixated on like this.

Is it fair to say older fans in seo are maybe just a touch outdated in their perceptions?
Perhaps, but it’s a whole lot easier to win when you get players who can play from other schools. Heck I can coach incoming talent. Call me old fashioned but To me, it’s lazy.

Who have they brought in? I’ll give you Lowery but I think he chose to come to Burg on his own. Portsmouth was going nowhere in football and Lowery decided to leave. Hell, he was the starting QB as a Sophomore but the kid was smart and didn’t want to get killed playing at Portsmouth. Smart move by him.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

FIDO wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:48 pm The pirates got pushed around at the LOS. They had their chances but the Tigers defense coupled with lackluster play in the red zone led to key turnovers. Ironton was better prepared and they looked in mid season form. Jmo
Ahh. Ironton looked good. But midseason form? Idk

Lotta mistakes to clean up.

But they are very good. They are talented enough to win despite their miscues against Burg but they best execute better the next two weeks. 💯

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

bbjunky81 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:50 pm Ironton is only doing what Burg does (and has done for many years) but on a much higher level…. Are they dirtier about it? I don’t know, probably. But they’re just playing “the game” better than what Burg is these days.
I guess I just don’t see it like you. I’m trying to think of past transfers. Burgs current roster that i can think of only has maybe one or two that came in junior high and didn’t start at burg. Maybe ironton is changing the landscape. But I feel it’s not close to what you’re alluding to

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:51 pm
wobycat wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:21 pm

Perhaps, but it’s a whole lot easier to win when you get players who can play from other schools. Heck I can coach incoming talent. Call me old fashioned but To me, it’s lazy.

Who have they brought in? I’ll give you Lowery but I think he chose to come to Burg on his own. Portsmouth was going nowhere in football and Lowery decided to leave. Hell, he was the starting QB as a Sophomore but the kid was smart and didn’t want to get killed playing at Portsmouth. Smart move by him.
Every kid who transfers anywhere makes the decision to.

Maybe ironton is a more desired destination for talent?

Seems to me thats Burgs fault though. Not Irontons.
Last edited by SpeedKillz on Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

bbjunky81 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:50 pm Ironton is only doing what Burg does (and has done for many years) but on a much higher level…. Are they dirtier about it? I don’t know, probably. But they’re just playing “the game” better than what Burg is these days.

What’s funny is Ironton just got back to dominating this game in the last two meetings, when the new staff was bringing 5-6 players to fill out his team. Before 2019 Burg owned Ironton from I believe 2013 until 2018. Burg didn’t bring in any players during that timeframe. I don’t count Lowery because he came to Burg on his own.

Take away the players Ironton has brought in over the last three years and they are mediocre at best.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Shoot Portsmouth is 1-0 and got 2 transfers. The maxie kid from burg and Duncan from valley. It’s about time we get kids lol. I’d brag If 36 of them transferred to Portsmouth. It’s about time Portsmouth gets kid coming and not leaving.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:56 pm

What’s funny is Ironton just got back to dominating this game in the last two meetings, when the new staff was bringing 5-6 players to fill out his team. Before 2019 Burg owned Ironton from I believe 2013 until 2018. Burg didn’t bring in any players during that timeframe. I don’t count Lowery because he came to Burg on his own.

Take away the players Ironton has brought in over the last three years and they are mediocre at best.
"If birds didnt have wings they couldnt fly."

But they do.
Last edited by SpeedKillz on Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

SpeedKillz wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:55 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:51 pm

Every kid who transfers anywhere makes the decision to.

Maybe ironton is a more desired destination for talent?

Seems to me thats Burgs fault though. Not Irontons.
Perhaps. Time will tell.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:56 pm Shoot Portsmouth is 1-0 and got 2 transfers. The maxie kid from burg and Duncan from valley. It’s about time we get kids lol. I’d brag If 36 of them transferred to Portsmouth. It’s about time Portsmouth gets kid coming and not leaving.
Sounds like Portsmouth is out recruiting Burg too then. 😂

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:56 pm

You’re literally making our point for us. Lowery “came on his own.” You’re also referencing how it was a “better opportunity” than his previous school (Portsmouth)

Do you not think Ironton is a better opportunity for the transfers they’ve received? Do you not think that just maybe the parents and kids transferring in realize it’s a much better opportunity to get recognized as well as possibly win a state title?

Like I said….. it’s foolish to be mad at Ironton for doing it BETTER than Wheelersburg lately.

Return to “Football”