D III R12 Qtrs: #7 Jackson (10-0) at #2 Athens (10-0)

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: D III R12 Qtrs: #7 Jackson (10-0) at #2 Athens (10-0)

Post by Ironman92 »

I know scores of loaded people that post on here.

saintsfan
Riding the Bench

Post by saintsfan »

Bulldog 93, qualified, bluebomber. You guys should be coaches, you seem to have it all figured out. Athens would have won if you guys were calling the plays and running the team. They could have given the ball to sharp 40 times and it wouldn't have made a difference. Wait, they didnt even run 40 plays in the entire game so that wouldnt have worked either. Jackson was better than Athens, bigger, faster, stronger. Hats off to both teams. Athens played their hearts out for 4 quarters especially the defense that other than 2 big plays were very solid. My only question of the game, how do you let a kid that gets his helmet knocked off his head and is out cold for 30 seconds come back in the game two plays later? That was scary!

blubomber89
Riding the Bench

Post by blubomber89 »

saintsfan, can we not start asking about credentials cause I can assure you that mines are a lot better than yours. If you read my posts on here I gave Jackson all the credit in the world for there game plan. All I was saying was we abandoned all that we were when we played that game. You don't go and handcuff your best player by not getting him the ball and we have never been a throwing why start now. And if you check your stats combined with how much we threw the ball we were over 40 plays just saying do your math. With that said I know we had a great sesaon and all good things come to an end but I just feel we gave that game away. Now on to basketball.

saintsfan
Riding the Bench

Post by saintsfan »

Bluebomber. I agree with you that you need to get your best offensive weapon the ball as much as possible and Sharp is for sure the best offensive weapon for Athens. However not having either Senior tight ends available due to sickness makes it difficult to utilize the running game as they had all season. At the same time I am sure they had plans to get Sharp the ball but it was taken away by Jacksons great defense. I would have liked to see more of #5 get the ball as well but Athens was a little short handed against a very good defense. As far as credentials go I didn't way anything about mine cause I don't have the credentials to be a high school football coach and that is why I don't go around talking about what the coaches should have done to win the game. I am just a casual observer that has a great appreciation for what coaches do each and every week.

blubomber89
Riding the Bench

Post by blubomber89 »

saintsfan, I do have the credentials and have coached and saw many opportunities to do different things to counter their defense..i.e screens that were open all night that would have netted plenty of yards. Like I said you give your team no chance if you do not at least attempt to run the ball. But this is like crying over spilled milk the game is done there are a lot of shoulda coulda wouldas in there. The team had a great season and have something to remember for years to come to do what hasn't been done and to do what has been done one other time. Sharp will continue his career along with some other Bulldogs and we will regroup next year.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

saintsfan wrote:Bulldog 93, qualified, bluebomber. You guys should be coaches, you seem to have it all figured out. Athens would have won if you guys were calling the plays and running the team. They could have given the ball to sharp 40 times and it wouldn't have made a difference. Wait, they didnt even run 40 plays in the entire game so that wouldnt have worked either. Jackson was better than Athens, bigger, faster, stronger. Hats off to both teams. Athens played their hearts out for 4 quarters especially the defense that other than 2 big plays were very solid. My only question of the game, how do you let a kid that gets his helmet knocked off his head and is out cold for 30 seconds come back in the game two plays later? That was scary!
saintsfan ... Having watched every single game Ryan Adams ever played in, from 7th grade through 12th - and then having shared a locker room with him my freshman year - I absolutly love the guy and respect him as a person and a coach ... My only remarks we're about going 7 yards to obtain 1 ... Its a valid observation shared by the entire section of fans I was sitting with Friday night (a group of former players, fans of Athens football, 2 friends from Logan and a fellow I know from Jackson - all asking the same exact question.)

I said nothing about the entire game except that I thought Jackson was a little bigger, perhaps a little stronger and probably a little faster ... that's it.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Guy's think of it this way, both the bullpuppies and the buckeyes shot there w??? when they played each other!

Return to “Football”