D5 R19 - #4 Minford vs. #1 Oak Hill at Jackson

Who wins this battle?

Total votes: 0

alabama mike
SE

Re: D5 R19 - #4 Minford vs. #1 Oak Hill at Jackson

Post by alabama mike »

Congrats to the Oaks on the big win last night. Best of luck to the seniors from Minford who will be moving on to other sports this winter and spring.

oak_hill_oaks
Waterboy

Post by oak_hill_oaks »

What a great football game and a tremendous effort by both Minford and Oak Hill. I'm not sure you could find a more exciting football game anywhere at any level.

Congrats to Minford on a fine season.

Congratulations and good luck to the Oaks. You've already accomplished more than many people thought you would, and there is no reason it has to end just yet!

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

I took down some post that should not have been posted, lets get back to the game .

I was at this game , and seen a great game by 2 great teams, the kids on both teams showed a lot of heart and never gave up.

after the game the KIDS on both teams showed a lot of respect and class by shaking hands and hugging their oponents, I cant say what was said, but can bet, they were all sayiing GREAT GAME, and I even bet some Minford players told the Oaks good luck next week.

so can we say...lets all act like the kids did :mrgreen:

4theKids
Freshman Team

Post by 4theKids »

I see I am going to have to come back and keep you all straight. lol

Great facility, great game and great kids! Couldn't ask for a better show.

4theKids
Freshman Team

Post by 4theKids »

I agree with the posts.....Parker (13), Davis (34) and Woodyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy (21) definitely raised their level of play..........performing great when their numbers were called. I knew Minford would try to stop Hale and Maynard, just glad to see everyone contribute to the win.
Well can't really say raised their level, they were just noticed more last night!!! lol
Everyone on the Black and White side won that game...............team, band, cheerleaders, fans and photographers...hee hee

Thanks to Kent ( SouthernOhioSportsPhotos) for the Picture cd........really appreciate it

dbr770
Waterboy

Post by dbr770 »

Too bad Woodsy isnt back with the Ironmen, :) He's an excellent ball player, anyone who's watched him play from a little kid in the youth league at Jackson knows that, but Glad the Black and White are moving on!! GO OAKS!!!

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

I want to say congrats to the OAKS and a great come back in the second half and the half-time adjustments that were made. To the Mighty Minford Falcons- I believe you have proven that you are the real deal, You played with heart and desire- what a game that was. One of the goals mentioned in the preview was to get over the hump and win a playoff game. Goal accomplished! There is a program in Minford now all the way down to the pee-wee league that is a great feeder system to the high school ranks. Minford has proven themselves over 4 years now. The coaching staff has done a great job handling the team and coaching them up even in times of sorrow with the loss of coach Berry. Minford will be a force in the SOC for years to come because we have people who care and want to see them succeed and do well year in and year out. The Minford community is proud of the team and now expect to win every game every year and that is a new mind set that has been changed with this senior class and this program. Get ready for next year starts 1/1/11.

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

Great atmosphere. Great Facility. I love their bleachers have backs on them. Kudos to Jackson for a fine facility.
Keys to the game: Adjustments and the Minford Fumble (two of them) both led to scores.
#13 for Oak Hill made the difference.

I thought Minford coaches called a brilliant game up until the 2:20 when they had the ball. Looked like they panicked. First pass was a bomb where nobody was open, two penalties, half back toss to QB, which was open and all that needed to happen was break one tackle, great tackle from #21. From there it desperation throws. My thinking was get the ball to their playmaker #3 and see what he could do!

Oak Hill never hardly had the ball in the 1st half, but 2nd half they spread them out then ran or threw a 5 yard out that Minford never did figure out. Oak Hill likes to dink and dunk it, they don't throw the ball really far down the field. Take this away and it will be tough on the Oaks to move the ball. Look for the Freddies to take it away!

Return to “Football”