2018 Ironton Head football coach

Kleao
Freshman Team

Re: 2018 Ironton Head football coach

Post by Kleao »

Game day wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:52 am Bad part of it is they have not even started interviewing.
They have been interviewing for at least a week. They have already interviewed all in house applications. You need to have a better informative. They obviously are way behind.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

GOOD LUCK TO THE FIGHTING TIGER FOOTBALL PROGRAM.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Kleao wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:13 pm
Game day wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:52 am Bad part of it is they have not even started interviewing.
They have been interviewing for at least a week. They have already interviewed all in house applications. You need to have a better informative. They obviously are way behind.
Sorry to say they still have not interviewed anyone because all the in-house candidates are not what Ironton needs.

Kleao
Freshman Team

Post by Kleao »

Game day wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:01 am
Kleao wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:13 pm
Sorry to say they still have not interviewed anyone because all the in-house candidates are not what Ironton needs.
That doesn’t matter what you think. They still have to interview them. They have also interviewed applicants from outside the school system and set up appointments to interview more. Like I said you obviously do not have inside information. If you do they obviously are not telling you something purposely!

coach knows
Freshman Team

Post by coach knows »

No one outside the school system has been formally interviewed at this time. Just phone calls

Kleao
Freshman Team

Post by Kleao »

:cry:
coach knows wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:46 pm No one outside the school system has been formally interviewed at this time. Just phone calls
Not true!! Several have been.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Kleao wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:37 pm :cry:
coach knows wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:46 pm No one outside the school system has been formally interviewed at this time. Just phone calls
If you are sooo much in the know who have they interviewed?

Gone Country
Waterboy

Post by Gone Country »

He knows what vass knows

Mavrick2016
JV Team

Post by Mavrick2016 »

No matter who they hire, their will be unhappy people.
The board should hire a coach tomorrow night.

Kleao
Freshman Team

Post by Kleao »

Game day wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:51 am
Why in the world would a person put other people’s names on here for anyone to bash on this site? That’s crazy. I’ve seen how much you and others hate Coach Vass. However I also know that the staff that Coach Vass has put together for the upcoming season is remarkable. 3 college football players and several more skilled coaches.

Kids come First
Waterboy

Post by Kids come First »

Kleao wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:17 pm

Why in the world would a person put other people’s names on here for anyone to bash on this site? That’s crazy. I’ve seen how much you and others hate Coach Vass. However I also know that the staff that Coach Vass has put together for the upcoming season is remarkable. 3 college football players and several more skilled coaches.
First of all gameday, Kleao knows everything because SHE is a Vass supporter! Like I said before Vass has had plenty of chances to get it right and hasn’t. 2 or 3 new assistants aren’t going to help fix the problem when the problem is the head coach himself. Also, Vass would still be bringing back most of his assistants.

Kleao
Freshman Team

Post by Kleao »

Kids come First wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:34 pm

First of all gameday, Kleao knows everything because SHE is a Vass supporter! Like I said before Vass has had plenty of chances to get it right and hasn’t. 2 or 3 new assistants aren’t going to help fix the problem when the problem is the head coach himself. Also, Vass would still be bringing back most of his assistants.
You are laughable! And absolutely wrong! Kids don’t come first with you. Just yours! You were a huge Vass supporter until this past year.

Mavrick2016
JV Team

Post by Mavrick2016 »

New assistants can help, I've heard who would be on his staff, they would be a whole lot better.
With a new staff, most of the old would be gone.

TOUGH
Freshman Team

Post by TOUGH »

I’m hearing rumblings of 3 for sure interviews. Sounds to me there will be a youth movement with some fresh faces in Ironton either way they go. It worked for Coal Grove why wouldn’t it work for Ironton. I also have heard some of the staff these applicants have put together and it’s impressive. Talk about guys who have done it at ALL levels. Future is looking bright in the BIG I if they decide to go that route.

Gone Country
Waterboy

Post by Gone Country »

TOUGH wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:38 pm I’m hearing rumblings of 3 for sure interviews. Sounds to me there will be a youth movement with some fresh faces in Ironton either way they go. It worked for Coal Grove why wouldn’t it work for Ironton. I also have heard some of the staff these applicants have put together and it’s impressive. Talk about guys who have done it at ALL levels. Future is looking bright in the BIG I if they decide to go that route.
I hope change at the top is imminent, everyone does who wants the best for Ironton football and sports in general. Some are supportive of the current situation only because of special treatment directed at the chosen few.

Kids come First
Waterboy

Post by Kids come First »

Kleao wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:45 pm

You are laughable! And absolutely wrong! Kids don’t come first with you. Just yours! You were a huge Vass supporter until this past year.
You know I’m right about you! 😂😂😂
Also, my kids play because of who they are and not because of who I choose to hang out with.

Kleao
Freshman Team

Post by Kleao »

Kids come First wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:44 pm

Also, my kids play because of who they are and not because of who I choose to hang out with.
Haha! I think you may be wrong about that. I won’t dare say anything about your kids. They can’t help who there dad is. And they are great athletes! Just like mine. This ain’t daddy ball!

Kleao
Freshman Team

Post by Kleao »

Kids come First wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:44 pm

I thought that’s how it worked in Ironton! Isn’t that how you ensure a spot for your kid? Don’t the dads coach and then his buddies help coach to ensure that their kids get a starting spot? I thought it was all daddy ball and sucking up to people!

TigersGameDayFan
JV Team

Post by TigersGameDayFan »

I have not posted on here in years, but after reading over this thread I could not contain myself. Some of you adults are down right pathetic when it comes to how you speak on here. From the outside looking in, the dialog on this thread is extremely childish. Which is hilarious, because the state of Ironton Football is just how you all are talking, it is laughable.

Though Coach Vass is a great guy, and a great position coach. His time as the Head Coach of what used to be the most DOMINANT program in South East Ohio. Should and will come to an end soon. Changing Assistant Coaches at this point in his career is just not a good move for the program in general.

As Someone who has no dog in the fight (no kids, no family who attends the school and plays football), I bring to the table an honest opinion. Five years is more than enough time to get your program established and restore your own dominance. Unfortunately, this was not the case. The program has fallen into a deep hole and needs something new.

Not to take anything from what Coach Vass has done, it is just time for a change in Ironton. Hopefully an out of house hire will take place. I miss coming to games where I knew we were going to dominate, even if it was a school from Columbus. Now we go to games wondering if we are even going to contend in OVC matchups.

All in All, I wish this program the best of luck this year and HOPE that we restore the roar in the future.

Good Luck to whomever has the helm this year. If that is Coach Vass, or if it is another candidate along the way.

Go Tigers

T-I-G-E-R-S
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I agree 100%. we'll know soon enough.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS

Return to “Football”