Ironton v. Wheelersburg. Week 12

so.stormmom
Freshman Team

Re: Ironton v. Wheelersburg. Week 12

Post by so.stormmom »

BurgGrad_06 wrote:The cheap shot from cox in the end zone ended a burg players season.. Pathetic.

THAT CRAP WOULD NOT HAPPEN WHEN BOIB LUTZ WAS ON THE SIDELINES!!! IRONTON WAS TRYING TO HURT SOMEONE WHEN THEY WENT DOWN 21 ON PUSHING BURG PLAYERS WHEN THEY WAS WALKING BACK TO HUDDLE EXTRA PUSH ON PLAYERS ON GROUND WHEN THEY WAS CLIMBING OFF OF THEM ETC. THATS WHY THEY PLAYED 8 GAME SCHEDULE!!!!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Who was it that got hurt?

I saw the tackle and the Burg player was 8 yards deep in the end zone so yes it was uncalled for.

That is why I thought Burg should have subbed out all of the starters on offense when they went up 21. They still had starters in there and now one of the main players is hurt.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Amber alert! Be on the lookout out for a grown man, last seen with his mother while wearing a superman outfit with the letter I instead of an S on the chest, eating crow sandwiches at the ribber. Foul play I'd not suspected as he was not playing for the Ironton tigers last night, authorities believe he is hiding in his basement. Answers to the name " cg-ironton fan " that is all!!

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

Jolly P(irate) wrote:
BurgGrad_06 wrote:The cheap shot from cox in the end zone ended a burg players season.. Pathetic.
That's just pitiful. He was taking cheap shots all night. Just a punk IMO.
hey jolly i will say congratulations to you and burg team ( very clear burg has 2-1 better coaching staff ) and a good suggestion for ironton after 2 years now is FIRE THE OFFENSIVE COORDINATIOR ( you have no clue what your doing)

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

BurgGrad_06 wrote:Amber alert! Be on the lookout out for a grown man, last seen with his mother while wearing a superman outfit with the letter I instead of an S on the chest, eating crow sandwiches at the ribber. Foul play I'd not suspected as he was not playing for the Ironton tigers last night, authorities believe he is hiding in his basement. Answers to the name " cg-ironton fan " that is all!!
burg grad you are a _________ i know people live down there and thank goodness there not like you

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

In all seriousness cg I can't wait till next season. It has been fun talking crap back and forth with you. Don't take the stuff I say on here too serious man...

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

BurgGrad_06 wrote:In all seriousness cg I can't wait till next season. It has been fun talking crap back and forth with you. Don't take the stuff I say on here too serious man...
Nobody does

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Just found out who it was that was injured and he has a broken fibula. That will hurt them this week but hopefully Burg can overcome it and someone can step up and replace him.

Tough break for that young man and pray for a speedy recovery.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Great game burg. Your defense sounded awesome. The I heart radio announcers said they were huge. I hope that bodes well against Hartley. Speed will need to be there as well for a win. Whoever is fastest will win that one(line play).
To the Ironton seniors & team: thanks for buying into the system & giving it your best. You rebounded well from frosh to seniors & are the foundation of IRONTON rebuilding back to a state power. The personal fouls were disappointing all season & the coaching staff must address that. Strenghth, discipline, & conditioning must be bought as a group for the Tigers to become even more than they once were.
Burg can beat Hartley. The only concern I have is Ironton being able to force burg 3 & out several times. Hartley will be 3x better prepared. Play tough burg!!!

siderman57
Freshman Team

Post by siderman57 »

fightingtigers45 wrote:
BurgGrad_06 wrote:When cox hit Howard 10 yards deep in the end zone was a total lack of sportsman ship... I can see making an effort but come on...

The onside kick up 35-7 is pretty close with coaches and players going wild after it was recovered. If the game is close at all, the onside kick is the right play there. I get it. No downside. Up 35-7? Just hit the scoreboard with your kickoff.

No sour grapes. Burg is better.

Score does not matter in this situation , you have to work on your game to prepare for the next game.. With Irontons 2 15 yards penaltys , they gave them this opportunity...

siderman57
Freshman Team

Post by siderman57 »

tjhtygeverve wrote:Great game burg. Your defense sounded awesome. The I heart radio announcers said they were huge. I hope that bodes well against Hartley. Speed will need to be there as well for a win. Whoever is fastest will win that one(line play).
To the Ironton seniors & team: thanks for buying into the system & giving it your best. You rebounded well from frosh to seniors & are the foundation of IRONTON rebuilding back to a state power. The personal fouls were disappointing all season & the coaching staff must address that. Strenghth, discipline, & conditioning must be bought as a group for the Tigers to become even more than they once were.
Burg can beat Hartley. The only concern I have is Ironton being able to force burg 3 & out several times. Hartley will be 3x better prepared. Play tough burg!!!

Not a concern at all... Burg shut down a Great running game of Ironton... West forced Hartley on a few 3 and out too...

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

The Oaf wrote:
BurgGrad_06 wrote:In all seriousness cg I can't wait till next season. It has been fun talking crap back and forth with you. Don't take the stuff I say on here too serious man...
Nobody does
Hahaha OK almighty oaf!

so.stormmom
Freshman Team

Post by so.stormmom »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:Who was it that got hurt?

I saw the tackle and the Burg player was 8 yards deep in the end zone so yes it was uncalled for.

That is why I thought Burg should have subbed out all of the starters on offense when they went up 21. They still had starters in there and now one of the main players is hurt.

maybe bug should have taken out the starters but it was still CLASSLESS but that's a reflection on Irontons coaching staff so not surprising .

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

The Oaf wrote:
Nobody does
Does that say SOCII over there?>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Why don't you buy in like everyone else from southern ohio or just shut up. You're bandwagon ignorance is fitting for a comedy show. Burg got here because they have played solid ball and made great adjustments throughout the games. I had people from OH, Jackson, Ashland, Valley and Minford sitting close to me cheering for Burg. If they can do it you can too. I obviously am dumbfounded by your lack of support. But then again Burg probably ruined something for you in high school. That is if you even played anything.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

And we wonder why no one from up North gives us any respect when we can't even get respect for each other down here.

SEO needs to stick and band together and root on Valley and Burg to make a run to the state finals. Would be nice to have a representative at the Shoe since 1989 ( Burg and Ironton were there and won then)

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

cg-ironton fan wrote:
Jolly P(irate) wrote:
That's just pitiful. He was taking cheap shots all night. Just a punk IMO.
hey jolly i will say congratulations to you and burg team ( very clear burg has 2-1 better coaching staff ) and a good suggestion for ironton after 2 years now is FIRE THE OFFENSIVE COORDINATIOR ( you have no clue what your doing)
Who hires the offensive coordinator cg and hasn't he been the same guy for awhile? Kinda strange to only call out OC. Not the only problem, conditioning seems to be lacking up front. etc. Congrats Burg on a definitive win. Good luck against BH. Take it to them!! Oh and on a side note, I don't understand the onside kick when you are up 28 points either.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

^^^^^
If that was an onside attempt, it was awful. But I believe that if it was, it was a good time to attempt one for practice. If ironton gets it, big deal, if burg gets it, big deal. Game was over. This is what good coaching looks like. Planning ahead. Plus they put jv in right after that.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

When you get to kick the ball from the opponents 30 yard line you almost have to attempt an on side kick, even if just to practice one. However, if the Ironton player had simply gotten out of the way of the ball it would have went out of bounds because Lewis kicked the crap out of it. And don't even try to tell me Ironton wouldn't have attempted the same thing in that situation.

So who got hurt? Howard?

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Sorry, double post.
Last edited by Burg_Grad_77 on Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

seeing the results from a personal foul or an unsportsman like penalty i would have continued to onside kick against the tigers. coaches should have put an end to it and they didn't. personality of the team starts with the coach. two games in a row where opponents were sore losers. good to see southern ohio moving forward. good luck to the pirates.

Return to “Football”