Re: D5 State Semis! Final 4! Coldwater vs. Wheelersburg

Post by Raider6309 »

I guess the only complete team was 2004 Colerain in Ohio

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

93Bulldog wrote:
You obviously watched no games besides the championship. Athens held a high scoring Granville team to 14 pts in the post season. (11-0) Tri Valley scored just 20 in the regional semi's against Athens. Columbus St. Francis DeSales was also held to 20. Defending state champ, ASVSM, who scored 50 on Thurgood Marshal last year, 38 on Youngstown Ursulin and 33 on Archbishop Hoban - lost to Athens 34-31! So I guess Ursulin's, Thurgood's and Hobans defense must have been REALLY horrible seeing as ASVSM scored more on them than the Bulldogs?

As for T.C.C. - they scored 70 in their first round game, 56 on Lima Senior (another playoff team), 83 on Freemont Ross (another playoff team) ...
Dude, this was a Burg/CW thread so let's keep it there, you and Raider can start your own Athens 2014 Shrine-Thread and cite all the statistics that was admittedly an impressive run last year by you folks.

At the end of the day you hung up 55 or so points (forget actual number) and lost. Why don't you chase down that stat and see how many teams in an OHSAA final have put up 50 and lost. My guess is not many.

Go Burg great season.

BobSugar
Riding the Bench

Post by BobSugar »

Westfan wrote:
Sport Fan wrote:Burg was one of the Best 4 Teams within the State of Ohio Div 5... They dominated every Team in Southern Ohio this Year...And will continue to dominate next year... I agree for them to compete with the likes of Coldwater they will need to replace a few teams on their schedule ... to gain the experience ...
Winning a regional doesn't mean you're necessarily one of 4 best teams in the state. Valley said the same thing all offseason last year. Playoff draw and region strength mean everything. Wheelersburg was good and they did dominate southern ohio this year but they were exposed last night. IMO, if Region 17 was at its normal strength we aren't having any of these conversations.
Ridiculous. So I guess Canton Central Catholic who dominated northeastern ohio last season was "exposed" by your logic. Coldwater dropped 62 on them in the championship and the same will probably happen again this year. Get real. These are good teams. Coldwater is just at another level and the teams they beat aren't pretenders. Also, if region 17 is as weak as you say, I would like to know who all these powerhouse programs are that didn't make it to the playoffs this year.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Coldwaters W/L over the last 7 years, Assuming they win state

2015 15-0
2014 14-1
2013 13-2
2012 15-0
2011 11-4
2010 11-4
2009 13-2

Total 97-13

105 games, that 10.5 seasons in 7 years.. wow

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Marions W/L over the last 7 years, assuming they win state

2015 14-1
2014 15-0
2013 15-0
2012 13-2
2011 13-2
2010 9-3
2009 8-6

Totals 87-14

101 games

piratepride86
JV Team

Post by piratepride86 »

As i see it like someone commented already about fans leaving.
It flat pisses me off
If you are a (fan) Win or Loose you stay till it is over.
I have not had a personal player on the field for over 10 years but i still go to all the games when i am not out of state.
If you are going to go and leave before it is over just stay home.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Congratulations to the Pirates players coaches and fans on a great season.

lineman7
All Conference

Post by lineman7 »

Congrats to WB

I have watched Coldwater play a lot of games the last 6 years and this was their worst team in the 6 years i have been watching. The size and speed on Coldwater was way down this year and the amount of athletes across the board was lower.

WB exposed that SE Ohio football was just way down this year. WB played one quality opponent the whole year before playing Coldwater and that was Valley who didn't bother showing up (7fumbled snaps, 20+ missed tackles, dropped picked 6, tipped pass for TD, etc). The rest of WB schedule was extremely weak and their region was the weakest I have seen in 15 years of keeping track of this stuff.... SE Ohio has a long way to go to compete at the state level if WB can't even get within 5 TD's of a weaker Coldwater... sad but true

Anyone saying WB would EVER beat Coldwater didn't watch that beatdown... it was a blowout and Coldwater is at least 5+ TDs better than WB, period.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

lineman7 wrote:Congrats to WB

I have watched Coldwater play a lot of games the last 6 years and this was their worst team in the 6 years i have been watching. The size and speed on Coldwater was way down this year and the amount of athletes across the board was lower.

WB exposed that SE Ohio football was just way down this year. WB played one quality opponent the whole year before playing Coldwater and that was Valley who didn't bother showing up (7fumbled snaps, 20+ missed tackles, dropped picked 6, tipped pass for TD, etc). The rest of WB schedule was extremely weak and their region was the weakest I have seen in 15 years of keeping track of this stuff.... SE Ohio has a long way to go to compete at the state level if WB can't even get within 5 TD's of a weaker Coldwater... sad but true

Anyone saying WB would EVER beat Coldwater didn't watch that beatdown... it was a blowout and Coldwater is at least 5+ TDs better than WB, period.

Not trying to be argumentative but I do believe Jackson was a quality opponent.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

So Burg winning at Jackson by 3 touchdowns. who was 11-2 and in the Regional championship game was not a good win? Hmmmm...

lineman7
All Conference

Post by lineman7 »

Poo Bear wrote:

So Burg winning at Jackson by 3 touchdowns. who was 11-2 and in the Regional championship game was not a good win? Hmmmm...
Forgot about Jackson, but it just proves the rule further. Jackson had how many fumbles and unforced errors that games? My point is WB's "tough" games weren't tough because the teams they played didn't show up and play their best, which gave WB an opinion about themselves that was not accurate as witnessed by the absolute woodshed beating we watched.

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

kodeman419 wrote:Speaking of fund raisers... Did you guys hear what the winner of the 50/50 raffle took home when cold-water hosted Marion local???? Over $11,400!!! That was the split...smh
Holy cow! Christmas came early for someone! :o

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Jackson was an excellent win.
Valley was good. Not as good as they were made out to be by some but still a good win.

The Region was weak. Portsmouth West and Ironton were down. Gone were the normal private school juggernauts like Columbus Ready, Newark Catholic, or Hartley. Recent years there have been really good public school teams like Liberty Union, Nelsonville York, or Bucyrus Wynford.

Wheelersburg should be given credit for a great season but they beat up average teams. Just an opinion but I don't think this Wheelersburg teams wins this southeast D5 Region more than once or twice in the last 15 years. Wheelersburg has had better teams in the last 10 years that couldn't win the region.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

If you want it to stay a Burg thread, that's fine. Just dont drop remarks about seo football, then get upset when someone comments on those remarks.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Poo Bear, athens didnt even play Logan last year.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

93Bulldog wrote:Poo Bear, athens didnt even play Logan last year.
Oh we're talking 2014...ok

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Athens 2014 destroys Burg 2015
Not even a game

Booyah
Waterboy

Post by Booyah »

piratepride86 wrote:As i see it like someone commented already about fans leaving.
It flat pisses me off
If you are a (fan) Win or Loose you stay till it is over.
I have not had a personal player on the field for over 10 years but i still go to all the games when i am not out of state.
If you are going to go and leave before it is over just stay home.
Agreed. To see the faithless leave is such crap. Win or lose - those are our kids. Did you see how many Xichigan fans left?

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

All this you have to go play all these people is really really over rated. It comes down to the talent and athleticism one has to work with. You also have to do what is right for your players and community and continuous 3 hour bus trips and JV games (most go together) is not what is fair to your kids. Burg's schedule had ZERO to do with them NOT beating Coldwater, Jackson's schedule had ZERO to do with them NOT beating Zanesville and Valley's had zero to do with them losing to Grandview. In all three cases those teams were simply the better team! Franklin Furnance could go play GCL opponents 4 times a season, and it would do nothing to help them win an SOC I title, much less a State Title.

Burg, congrats on a great season and for representing SE and Southern Ohio the way you do.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Yes WB was just happy to get out of valley with the win. So thankful that valley didn't show up. Burg was not going to win Friday even if they played 3 d2 regular season games. Coldwater does not have soccer. They have athletes all over the field. Burg has some terrific athletes playing soccer. But thanks for the congrats on burgs 13-1 final four season.

Return to “Football”