D5 State Semis! Final 4! Coldwater vs. Wheelersburg

Valenth
SEOP

Re: D5 State Semis! Final 4! Coldwater vs. Wheelersburg

Post by Valenth »

Wheelersburg didnt disappoint. They represented well. Coldwater is a well-oiled machine for Cranking out D5 Championships.... The Pirates gave their best shot. I applaud the Pirates on a 13-1 season.... only 3 other teams in the Entire State in their division can say they went THAT FAR for the season.... Like Valley did last year.

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

lineman7 wrote:Congrats to WB

I have watched Coldwater play a lot of games the last 6 years and this was their worst team in the 6 years i have been watching. The size and speed on Coldwater was way down this year and the amount of athletes across the board was lower.

WB exposed that SE Ohio football was just way down this year. WB played one quality opponent the whole year before playing Coldwater and that was Valley who didn't bother showing up (7fumbled snaps, 20+ missed tackles, dropped picked 6, tipped pass for TD, etc). The rest of WB schedule was extremely weak and their region was the weakest I have seen in 15 years of keeping track of this stuff.... SE Ohio has a long way to go to compete at the state level if WB can't even get within 5 TD's of a weaker Coldwater... sad but true

Anyone saying WB would EVER beat Coldwater didn't watch that beatdown... it was a blowout and Coldwater is at least 5+ TDs better than WB, period.
Valley was not a quality opponent this year it was Jackson.. Valley's front line were not very good this year or last year.. Coldwater would beat any team around here and will win the State yet again this year , even though they have their worst Team in 6 years LOL.. The Burg Team will be a better Team moving forward because of this game... Again The Burg dominated this year every Team in the area..... And earned final 4... And they will again next year....

lineman7
All Conference

Post by lineman7 »

Sport Fan wrote:

I have watched Coldwater play a lot of games the last 6 years and this was their worst team in the 6 years i have been watching. The size and speed on Coldwater was way down this year and the amount of athletes across the board was lower.

WB exposed that SE Ohio football was just way down this year. WB played one quality opponent the whole year before playing Coldwater and that was Valley who didn't bother showing up (7fumbled snaps, 20+ missed tackles, dropped picked 6, tipped pass for TD, etc). The rest of WB schedule was extremely weak and their region was the weakest I have seen in 15 years of keeping track of this stuff.... SE Ohio has a long way to go to compete at the state level if WB can't even get within 5 TD's of a weaker Coldwater... sad but true

Anyone saying WB would EVER beat Coldwater didn't watch that beatdown... it was a blowout and Coldwater is at least 5+ TDs better than WB, period.
Valley was not a quality opponent this year it was Jackson.. Valley's front line were not very good this year or last year.. Coldwater would beat any team around here and will win the State yet again this year , even though they have their worst Team in 6 years LOL.. The Burg Team will be a better Team moving forward because of this game... Again The Burg dominated this year every Team in the area..... And earned final 4... And they will again next year....

Valley's d-line was in WB backfield the whole night, they just didn't bother to tackle... my point is VAlley didnt play their best so WB was never even tested by a SEO team, same with jackson

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Now you're just being silly.

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

You lose by 30 and say it's because of soccer?

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Congrats to Wheelersburg on a fantastic year! Just ran into an unstoppable Coldwater team. Nothing for these kids or coaches to hang their heads on, congrats!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

mikepike wrote:You lose by 30 and say it's because of soccer?
Nope. Just pointing out that they can put some athletes on the field that burg would otherwise be playing soccer. Who knows if three or four guys can propel a team to a higher caliber. That's the fastest defensive team I've witnessed ever before. There were no holes. Now I'm analyzing this and trying to figure out how they do it. To be the best you have to first understand the blue print on how to get there.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

If guys are playing soccer it's probably because they don't like the contact of football so having them on the team wouldn't help anyway.

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

Soccer players are good for Kickers / Special Teams... If you dont have a good XTRA Point/FG Kicker or Punter, You wont go far victory-wise.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Tigercannon71 wrote:If guys are playing soccer it's probably because they don't like the contact of football so having them on the team wouldn't help anyway.
I'm guessing you also think basketball isn't a contact sport too :roll:

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Sport Fan wrote:Burg was one of the Best 4 Teams within the State of Ohio Div 5... They dominated every Team in Southern Ohio this Year...And will continue to dominate next year... I agree for them to compete with the likes of Coldwater they will need to replace a few teams on their schedule ... to gain the experience ...
I truly do not think they were in the top 4 of div5. Brookville, URSI, CCC, crestview, Milan eduson, Creston Norwayne,chca, ALL would have pushed them around. I'm trying to really give them some props, but Ch20 didn't even have to resort to running to win. If they would have used all their weapons, it could have been a lot worse.
Those other teams would have given burg all they wanted. We truly had a weak region & it's much more clear now. Not an ez pill to swallow because we (traditional SEO powerhouses on the river)always found a way to get out of the region until the past ten +years or so.
Once again, the talent is here. Burg has the coaching. There's no reason the SOC cannot get inspired to be competitive like the Mac.
Somethings gotta change @ IHS or the kids will lose focus fast, but I still believe the whole area can rebound from these past ten years....
Go SEO!!

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

Sport Fan wrote:

. That's a cocky and arrogant comment to make and a slap in the face to all the other SOC 2 schools, if I recall Valley owned the Burg for three years in a row. Whos to say Minford, West, Valley or Waverly will not dominate next year and make the final 4? According to the Burg roster you lost a ton of talent including your QB? I don't think your like Ohio State sitting on 3 QB wondering who to start? Every year is a new year.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Tjhtygeverve wrote:
Sport Fan wrote:Burg was one of the Best 4 Teams within the State of Ohio Div 5... They dominated every Team in Southern Ohio this Year...And will continue to dominate next year... I agree for them to compete with the likes of Coldwater they will need to replace a few teams on their schedule ... to gain the experience ...
I truly do not think they were in the top 4 of div5. Brookville, URSI, CCC, crestview, Milan eduson, Creston Norwayne,chca, ALL would have pushed them around. I'm trying to really give them some props, but Ch20 didn't even have to resort to running to win. If they would have used all their weapons, it could have been a lot worse.
Those other teams would have given burg all they wanted. We truly had a weak region & it's much more clear now. Not an ez pill to swallow because we (traditional SEO powerhouses on the river)always found a way to get out of the region until the past ten +years or so.
Once again, the talent is here. Burg has the coaching. There's no reason the SOC cannot get inspired to be competitive like the Mac.
Somethings gotta change @ IHS or the kids will lose focus fast, but I still believe the whole area can rebound from these past ten years....
Go SEO!!
Heard the same crap two years ago when we played Hartley and lost. Look what happened the next yr. Took an OT win by the Hawks to put us away. One good thing about playing Coldwater this year? Now you have them on tape against YOUR team! You can see their schemes against your schemes. They haven't changed much in Ottens years, but can adjust to win games like Hoyer running QB draws a cpl years ago vs Hartley. But we can now see speed vs speed, routes vs defensive coverage. Also, playing Coldwater may bring some more kids into the program. I know my grandson wants to play again. 6-3 265 pound frosh that is more an egghead than a football player. Watching the game Friday night and seeing the atmosphere and the Coldwater execution and his friends playing for Burg gave him a nudge.

As for CCC and all the other teams you mentioned, you cant say we would be pushed around. Its all about matchups and just because a Coldwater team that over matched us in most positions, doesn't mean we couldn't match up with the other teams. You have no idea. were u there? I was! 2 of the Coldwater touchdowns were from closely guarded players that just happened to get the ball. Kyle Davis tried an incredible slap down on #4 reception and run for TD, he just missed by an inch. And the Cavs first TD by #1 was an amazing pass to corner of the endzone and he was drilled but got one foot in. We weren't slobberknocked on Defense, they beat us up with their defense! That's whats amazing.

On to next year! BTW, you had to throw a tidbit about your Ironton team at the end. Its not about Ironton anymore, its about Burg playing some better competition with the kids we have coming up. Lets travel and play a team from the MAC, not just in the playoffs. We need to step up another game. Jackson and Ironton are good games. We need one more.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Raider6309 wrote:
Tigercannon71 wrote:If guys are playing soccer it's probably because they don't like the contact of football so having them on the team wouldn't help anyway.

There's a difference between a contact sport like football and the contact you have in soccer and basketball. I guess you'd have to play and know something about them to understand that.

BobSugar
Riding the Bench

Post by BobSugar »

marshallman wrote:
Sport Fan wrote:

. That's a cocky and arrogant comment to make and a slap in the face to all the other SOC 2 schools, if I recall Valley owned the Burg for three years in a row. Whos to say Minford, West, Valley or Waverly will not dominate next year and make the final 4? According to the Burg roster you lost a ton of talent including your QB? I don't think your like Ohio State sitting on 3 QB wondering who to start? Every year is a new year.
Minford? Waverly? Dominate? Good one. You should be a comedian. I'll give West some credit that last season they showed flashes of competitiveness and made the playoffs, but took a step back this year. Its still Valley and Burgs conference to lose.

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

Tjhtygeverve wrote:
Go SEO!!
Opinions vary , The Burg would have been in every game with the Teams that you brought up period.. Coldwater way ahead of everyone else.. I believe the reason why is because they have their Athletes in Wrestling and that teaches much technique with their hands.

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

lineman7 wrote:
Sport Fan wrote:

Valley's d-line was in WB backfield the whole night, they just didn't bother to tackle... my point is VAlley didnt play their best so WB was never even tested by a SEO team, same with jackson
Why are your feelings getting hurt.. Just stating the truth ....

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Tigercannon71 wrote:
Raider6309 wrote:

There's a difference between a contact sport like football and the contact you have in soccer and basketball. I guess you'd have to play and know something about them to understand that.

I'VE ALWAYS SAID BASKETBALL IS A CONTACT SPORT.

AND FOOTBALL IS A COLLISION SPORT.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

marshallman wrote:
Sport Fan wrote:

Wow cocky and arrogant !!! Just stated the facts ... You stated that Valley Owned The Burg for three years in a row.. Okay I agree.. LOL , I agree that won all 3 games , last two being 10-7 and 9-6 ... I would say that The Burg Owned Valley the last 2 years 35-14 and 35 13... Burg will lose a ton of talent , just like last year, however they will have more talent to fill in those that will be leaving. By the way they will have 3 QB...

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I think burg will be more explosive on offense next two years. D line and lbs will be fine but losing the entire secondary will hurt. Burg should be favored in every game next year.

Return to “Football”