Ironton v. Wheelersburg. Week 12

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: Ironton v. Wheelersburg. Week 12

Post by wobycat »

They were making you feel better tiger cannon. You really are making yourself sound silly.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

tigercannon71 wrote: This isnt just my opinion I talked to some Burg fans with players in the team. They said same thing I just said. Irontons a better team than Burg, but Burg just out coached them. So its not just me its Burg fans to that understand what happened sat night.
Are you serious? :lol:

PirateFan
Riding the Bench

Post by PirateFan »

tigercannon71 wrote:
Burg_Grad_77 wrote:
tigercannon71 wrote:Im sorry that you're to stupid to understand football. Ironton is clearly the better and more talented team. Their coaching staff not so much. If we had a better staff Burg would be 5 TD underdogs against us. Like I said though you guys kicked our butt. I said that cause it was too. I also said you guys were bush league and thats true.
You know, I have always had a lot of respect for you on here over the years but all of that has went out the window since Saturday. First you try to make it out that it was no big deal that your player intentionally hurt a Burg player and now you actually have the audacity to say that Ironton is 5 TD's better than the Burg with a different coach. You could bring in Nick Saban and the Pirates would still kick Irontons booty.

This isnt just my opinion I talked to some Burg fans with players in the team. They said same thing I just said. Irontons a better team than Burg, but Burg just out coached them. So its not just me its Burg fans to that understand what happened sat night.
That's hilarious! I will be praying for you tigercannon71. I hope you get the help you need.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

You guys keep dreaming and when reality sets in you'll know Im right as usual.

Proud_Pirate
Waterboy

Post by Proud_Pirate »

tigercannon71 wrote:
Burg_Grad_77 wrote:
tigercannon71 wrote:Im sorry that you're to stupid to understand football. Ironton is clearly the better and more talented team. Their coaching staff not so much. If we had a better staff Burg would be 5 TD underdogs against us. Like I said though you guys kicked our butt. I said that cause it was too. I also said you guys were bush league and thats true.
You know, I have always had a lot of respect for you on here over the years but all of that has went out the window since Saturday. First you try to make it out that it was no big deal that your player intentionally hurt a Burg player and now you actually have the audacity to say that Ironton is 5 TD's better than the Burg with a different coach. You could bring in Nick Saban and the Pirates would still kick Irontons booty.

This isnt just my opinion I talked to some Burg fans with players in the team. They said same thing I just said. Irontons a better team than Burg, but Burg just out coached them. So its not just me its Burg fans to that understand what happened sat night.
I have got a kick out of you tiger cannon 71, you poor sad loser, so sad you can not admit Ironton did not have it this year to beat the Burg. You are just letting everyone see the cry baby you are.

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

Hands down..the two most talented teams are playing for the region.....Burg may lose by a 100 but I'd bet thousands they wouldn't resort to cheap shots 8 yards in the end zone out of frustration....Quite frankly, I wouldn't play a team whose coach is unwilling and/or incapable of harnessing the emotions of its players...It's inexcusable for a player to get injured on a cheap shot 8 yds in the end-zone...I'd be willing to bet this wasn't the first cheap shot by the kid and that speaks volumes about the coaching staff and the state of Ironton's football program...Sad how the mighty have fallen so quickly. Relegated to irrelevancy in the region...bitter pill to swallow for some.... :roll: :roll:

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

I always love when you hear the old if we had a better coach or coaching won that game. I don't remember one coach Saturday making a block or throwing a pass or running the ball.

In your opinion, what else could Ironton have done? They ran the crap out of Palladino, who by the way was the SE district offensive player of the year and Burg shut him down, so just what should they have done different? Run the QB more? He did run the ball more in the first game and was the leading carrier. Throw more? It did seemed to work but Ironton is not a passing team and they haven't been all year. Why change what has worked against 9 other teams?

Bottom line is Burg wore Ironotn out, AGAIN and they had no answer to stop Burg. In fact, Burg had the ball inside the 30 twice in the first half and totally went away from what was working and gave up the ball on downs.

About the tackle in the endzone, totally uncalled for and yes, you are correct in that if you would have had a certain coach, they would have been more disciplined and the player who made the tackle would have let up and not followed through with the tackle 8 YARDS DEEP IN THE ENDZONE!!!!!!!! Yeah, I know they are HS kids and emotions get the best of them but you got to know when you whipped and let up.

so.stormmom
Freshman Team

Post by so.stormmom »

tigercannon71 wrote:
Burg_Grad_77 wrote:
. The better team got DAT jazz kicked 2 times in one season but on the bright side for you,you can sit home this week and play wit den WWF dollbabys

Burgball#1
Freshman Team

Post by Burgball#1 »

tigercannon71 wrote:Guys you must have been watching a different game than me. Was it a late hit? Yes, it was a late hit. Was it a cheap shot? No, it wasn't close to a cheap shot. A cheap shot is onside kicking when you are up 28. That's cheap and bush league crap.
Absolutely a cheap shot- to drag him down by a horse collar 9 yards deep in the end zone - no other way to call it-

Burgball#1
Freshman Team

Post by Burgball#1 »

tigercannon71 wrote:You guys want to reprimand the staff and players because somebody got hurt? That's taking it a little far. Its not like he targeted the kids ankle or anything. he hit him late and he got hurt. That happens in games.

You should just quit with the comments- enough- if it was your player and it happened we wouldn't be saying that at all about your player- have some class

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

tigercannon71 wrote:
Burg_Grad_77 wrote:

I'm gonna have to call BS on that one. no one believes that you actually talked to burg fans that said that. you cant even find any ironton fans besides yourself that will buy that one. have you noticed your the only one on here defending your position?

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

I never got to listen to the game but I am sorry the young man got hurt.
And if he was that deep in the end zone it should have never happened.
Burg won and won in convincing fashion.
That said I hope the young man recovers with no problems.
Good Luck Burg you are going to need it against the beast of the team call Hartley.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

actually I have no idea what happened. did this happen late in the game. we actually left a couple minutes into the 4th quarter. my dad is 74, and is on blood thinners. and his poor feet was frozen.so we left like 2 minutes into the 4th.i will say I did see things that should not be going on. and would be punishable after practice that would stop some of the drama. that leads to the personal fouls, but that's entirely up to the coaching staff. but I think the staff made some very big strides this year as well as the program. and we should have like 17 seniors next year. which is substantial for a program with players numbers in the 30's.i didn't understand the play calling Saturday night. but it was very frustrating that wheelersburg was able to contain the edges so well. what I don't understand mostly are the 40 yard do or die passes. we need an intermediate passing game and utilize a tight end and back.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

maybe the days of the fullhouse backfield are gone. you truly don't see anybody else doing it, especially as their base offense. I think the use of a large agile linemen blocking in the background on short yardage would help as well.

gobengals
Waterboy

Post by gobengals »

Does anybody know of a web link where I can see pictures taken of this game? Thanks.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Watched the replay of game. A couple of thoughts

1. Play in end zone was definitely unnecessary and resulted in a players season to end, however I don't think it was a malicious intentional act after re-watching it. I believe he just wanted to get him down come hell or high water. Saying that the kid should have been done for the game.

2. The unsportsmanlike piling on QB was correct call. I remember thinking that was a petty call but it was the right one.

On a side note. The kid that broke his leg, RAN off the field. Ironton has been known to spend two minutes on their back for a cramp.
:)

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

I'm a tiger fan & the burg has owned us for several years. IRONTON is not done yet. The conditioning & discipline need tons of work. Their were some great athletes on the tiger squad who would have benefited from better coaching. Faster & stronger line play would have made a huge difference this year. The offensive threat was there. And how hard is it to pick a kid in 5th grade & start grooming him to kick the ball.
I sure hope DaBurg handles Hartley tomorrow & joins Athens & valley in the final four. Good luck to Trimble as well!!!
To whomever mentioned 17-seniors next year for IHS, I noticed that too. Makes it a bit more interesting to think of the off season commitment.
I think the university of Ursuline & cold h2o are the cream of the crop in division V. If burg pulls off the upset, they need some luck the following week.
GOOD LUCK BURG!

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:actually I have no idea what happened. did this happen late in the game. we actually left a couple minutes into the 4th quarter. my dad is 74, and is on blood thinners. and his poor feet was frozen.so we left like 2 minutes into the 4th.i will say I did see things that should not be going on. and would be punishable after practice that would stop some of the drama. that leads to the personal fouls, but that's entirely up to the coaching staff. but I think the staff made some very big strides this year as well as the program. and we should have like 17 seniors next year. which is substantial for a program with players numbers in the 30's.i didn't understand the play calling Saturday night. but it was very frustrating that wheelersburg was able to contain the edges so well. what I don't understand mostly are the 40 yard do or die passes. we need an intermediate passing game and utilize a tight end and back.
3-7 to 7-2. Pretty dang good imo!!

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

tjhtygeverve wrote:I'm a tiger fan & the burg has owned us for several years. IRONTON is not done yet. The conditioning & discipline need tons of work. Their were some great athletes on the tiger squad who would have benefited from better coaching. Faster & stronger line play would have made a huge difference this year. The offensive threat was there. And how hard is it to pick a kid in 5th grade & start grooming him to kick the ball.
I sure hope DaBurg handles Hartley tomorrow & joins Athens & valley in the final four. Good luck to Trimble as well!!!
To whomever mentioned 17-seniors next year for IHS, I noticed that too. Makes it a bit more interesting to think of the off season commitment.
I think the university of Ursuline & cold h2o are the cream of the crop in division V. If burg pulls off the upset, they need some luck the following week.
GOOD LUCK BURG!
Some good points. I noticed alot of Ironton kids are not in the kind of shape the Wheelersburg kids are in. Some of them I hate to say it are not big they are just fat! Ironton has 17 seniors next year they need to realize to beat good teams you need to be strong and fast. " Not big and fat"

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

demaniac1 wrote:
You're Tiger Bait wrote:actually I have no idea what happened. did this happen late in the game. we actually left a couple minutes into the 4th quarter. my dad is 74, and is on blood thinners. and his poor feet was frozen.so we left like 2 minutes into the 4th.i will say I did see things that should not be going on. and would be punishable after practice that would stop some of the drama. that leads to the personal fouls, but that's entirely up to the coaching staff. but I think the staff made some very big strides this year as well as the program. and we should have like 17 seniors next year. which is substantial for a program with players numbers in the 30's.i didn't understand the play calling Saturday night. but it was very frustrating that wheelersburg was able to contain the edges so well. what I don't understand mostly are the 40 yard do or die passes. we need an intermediate passing game and utilize a tight end and back.
3-7 to 7-2. Pretty dang good imo!!

indeed it is. I'm very excited about the future of fighting tiger football but complacency kills. there are truly things that need improved upon, and they are being addressed. if you ain't getting better you're losing. -----------just like a church, if you're church ain't growing it's dying.very pleased with the changes being made.and yet there will be more to come. it was me who mentioned the 17 seniors. I had the insert from the Jackson program and was piddling around and noticed that. that's very signifigant for a team that generally has numbers in the 30's.

Return to “Football”