Ironton v Burg 2020

frankie
Varsity

Re: Ironton v Burg 2020

Post by frankie »

Back at ya Kirtland, I see you opened big, too.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

frankie wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:12 pm All I read this past offseason was the Lattimore's, the great sophomore class, the small but fast offensive line, and the flying to the ball defense. A team that will surprise alot of people. :roll: What I saw was a physically weak football team. Period. For all the penalties and mistakes the Tigers made Burg still couldn't stop them. Woby, I don't think you can do it, but it would serve you not to spend the rest of this season on Tiger threads, accusing them of doing things the Burg has been doing themselves for years. On this site and the other site I've seen you post trash about the Tigers on.

What is that Burg has been doing for years?? Burg has NEVER, EVER brought in 5-6 kids for a season. Ironton has done it the last three years. Has Burg had a player come in? Sure!! Was that kid a dominating stud that could take over a game at any time? I don’t think so!!

IMO Burg bringing in Gregg last year was a huge mistake. They rolled the dice for one year instead of developing a QB for the next 2-3 years.

Tanner Wilson I’m pretty sure wasn’t recruited to Burg. I’ve seen his name mentioned as one of the “recruits” Burg brought in. I think he left a stale situation at Ironton. Was he a dominant player that made the difference in the games he played in? Not a chance

It’s a huge difference in bringing in one player to bringing in 6.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

SpeedKillz wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:48 pm
MrFirstTake wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:30 am Watching this game again Wilson made such a great play on that interception it wasn’t a bad call by Burg he just made a good read and took it to the house
He sat and waited. Read the playcall. Burg was predictable. Great defensive execution for Wilson
100 percent agree. Great play.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

SWJeeps22 wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:16 am That 06-07 Burg run also featured Jenkins from Portsmouth West. The reality is Burg is no longer the top dog in Southern Ohio football and it kills their soul.
Basketball isn’t that far off. Keep your head up.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:35 pm
frankie wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:12 pm All I read this past offseason was the Lattimore's, the great sophomore class, the small but fast offensive line, and the flying to the ball defense. A team that will surprise alot of people. :roll: What I saw was a physically weak football team. Period. For all the penalties and mistakes the Tigers made Burg still couldn't stop them. Woby, I don't think you can do it, but it would serve you not to spend the rest of this season on Tiger threads, accusing them of doing things the Burg has been doing themselves for years. On this site and the other site I've seen you post trash about the Tigers on.

What is that Burg has been doing for years?? Burg has NEVER, EVER brought in 5-6 kids for a season. Ironton has done it the last three years. Has Burg had a player come in? Sure!! Was that kid a dominating stud that could take over a game at any time? I don’t think so!!

IMO Burg bringing in Gregg last year was a huge mistake. They rolled the dice for one year instead of developing a QB for the next 2-3 years.

Tanner Wilson I’m pretty sure wasn’t recruited to Burg. I’ve seen his name mentioned as one of the “recruits” Burg brought in. I think he left a stale situation at Ironton. Was he a dominant player that made the difference in the games he played in? Not a chance

Give it up guys. Most fans know wheelersburg has had their share of move ins .

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Ironmen98 wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:15 pm

Oh I gave it up a long time ago. I just like coming on here and letting other fans have it. They can’t help it. Let me show you.

If Jackson could get four players from any school this year that could start on any team in the southeastern part of Ohio. Would you take them and would your team be better?

I rest my case.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

wobycat wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:22 pm

Oh I gave it up a long time ago. I just like coming on here and letting other fans have it. They can’t help it. Let me show you.

If Jackson could get four players from any school this year that could start on any team in the southeastern part of Ohio. Would you take them and would your team be better?

I rest my case.
Jackson’s been a solid program from years , they’ve had plenty of move ins .

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

Pendleton has single handily done what many thought never would happen again and has sank the Ship at Wheelersburg. It’s obvious Ironton lives rent free in the pirate faithfuls heads. Pendleton has done this in a matter of 3-4 years. I can see why the burgites are beside themselves.

Taylormade
Freshman Team

Post by Taylormade »

Rent free lol,I bet they are really missing the former staff

TheFlyingDutchman
JV Team

Post by TheFlyingDutchman »

I dont have a roster. Can someone tell me who these 6 new transfers are. I wonder if Woby is counting Matt Sheridan who I assume is still a student ar St. Joseph who doesn't have football. Seriously I do not believe IHS has 18 transfers in 3 years. Please let me know if I am wrong by providing me that info. Thanks !!!

Prime Time
S

Post by Prime Time »

As long as Pendleton is at Ironton, Burg is 2nd fiddle and in SOC maybe 3rd place this year. Waverly and West 1-2.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Prime Time wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:12 pm As long as Pendleton is at Ironton, Burg is 2nd fiddle and in SOC maybe 3rd place this year. Waverly and West 1-2.
Waverly is definitely the Team to beat in the SOC, they’re going to have a great season IMO.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Prime Time wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:12 pm As long as Pendleton is at Ironton, Burg is 2nd fiddle and in SOC maybe 3rd place this year. Waverly and West 1-2.
West just lost to Fairland at home and you got them ahead of Burg?*

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

Like Jackson and the Winters kid. Or GA and Jacob Campbell for that matter. Transfers happen. Even great players have dads or moms who take better jobs that require them to move. It happens. Not sure how this is controversial.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

wobycat wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:37 pm
LockHerUp wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:04 am IMO, for wheelersburg folks to complain about transfers to other schools is the pinnacle of hypocrisy. Yet they can't see it...
Speedkillz, you're hard to figure out. You seemed so anti-Ironton before the game - but now you're coming off as neutral. Maybe I'm reading you wrong or something.
That’s ironton and everyone else’s argument when it comes to this. Last night ironton fielded 6 starters that came to ironton in HIgh School.

Please don’t say well burg got this guy once and then this guy once. Both burg and ironton have Benefited from those types for thirty plus years. This is completely different. If Burg had 6 players that played for different high schools the previous two seasons, this forum would have to be on lock.

I retire from my argument on this because I’m not going to convince those who want to gloss over it. Speed kills is the
Only ironton fan that knows exactly what I’m talking about.
Actually he’s not the only one who knows what he’s talking about. I have told you Half of Irontons team was transfers when Vass was the coach and Ironton was bad I’ve said this 100000 times.. So if kids were coming when they were bad of course when they get better more kids will come. People always bring up the kid from East and the madden kid from minford yes they were good they got noticed good for them but how many kids moved to those schools because of that?????? I’m guessing not many.. if you give me a day or two I promise you I can get you a list of starters at ironton who were not from there during the previous coaches tenure but you don’t care because burg was winning that’s the facts buddy. Yes I’m fully aware that some of the kids the passed few seasons are not from ironton and everyone else knows it who pays any attention but what I don’t know is why they came and what I’m not going to do is make sh!+ up

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
Prime Time
S

Post by Prime Time »

They come off as whiners, when shoe is on other foot its not ok for another team to do what they have been doing for years. I still got West ahead of Burg also

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:23 am

Like Jackson and the Winters kid. Or GA and Jacob Campbell for that matter. Transfers happen. Even great players have dads or moms who take better jobs that require them to move. It happens. Not sure how this is controversial.
agree 💯

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

For perspective, count the number of Burg posters here that complain about transfers and then divide that number by the population of the Burg...the vast majority of us do not care, nor whine about transfers.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

wobycat wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:42 pm
SpeedKillz wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:48 pm
MrFirstTake wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:30 am Watching this game again Wilson made such a great play on that interception it wasn’t a bad call by Burg he just made a good read and took it to the house
He sat and waited. Read the playcall. Burg was predictable. Great defensive execution for Wilson
100 percent agree. Great play.
Well i mean for burg what can ya do. They are green and the o line was gettin swallowed. They telegraphed the roll out. Kid was sittin right on it waiting. Play developed slow. D back just had to execute. Great run.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

TheFlyingDutchman wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:02 pm I dont have a roster. Can someone tell me who these 6 new transfers are. I wonder if Woby is counting Matt Sheridan who I assume is still a student ar St. Joseph who doesn't have football. Seriously I do not believe IHS has 18 transfers in 3 years. Please let me know if I am wrong by providing me that info. Thanks !!!
Even if so what. Own it. Its part of the game in 2021 EVERYWHERE. ..
I have lived in PA, Ohio, Fla, DC, NJ, WV, Va, NC, and its normal average everyday stuff.

Return to “Football”