OVC Changes?

OVCfan32
Freshman Team

Re: OVC Changes?

Post by OVCfan32 »

well ironton is a very very very small school district. . .
that brings the school/kids/parents/great grandpa joe schmoe. . and his cousin in. . being the yes big city is why ironton has something called tank stadium. . it can be complex. . but ironton brought fans to games even when they stank right before lutz
so yeah that comment can just be thrown out the window. . they just have low kids right now. . and ironton will continue to have problems until a newer school is built. . . .the droves of transfer athletes from the past don't have a reason to transfer away now

Rebelcat
All Conference

Post by Rebelcat »

South Gallia is getting dangerously close to moving to D-5. I would be supportive of SG joining OVC in all sports BUT football. At least until the enrollment reaches its peake. I do know that SG's freshman class as well as those from Junior High and down is more that the next couple graduating classes. Someone told me that SG's freshman class size is similar to Coal Grove and Chesapeake's.

How about joining OVC for all sports except football and seek entry into SOC for football only since that conference needs D-6/5 schools anyway?

I know a couple of administrators at SG have toyed with idea. The bigger question is will the Gallia Superindentent allow SG and RV to play? Should be playing anyway!!!!

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

I'd like to see ironton and portsmouth join. All sports, girls and boys, would be competitive year in and year out, EXCEPT football. I think that has been the stumbling block about those two joining over the years. If not them, I would like to see Oak Hill, possibly Green. Yea Green is small but...... :12224

PointerFan02
Freshman Team

Post by PointerFan02 »

I can remember South Point taking some good thumpings a few years back between Ironton and Portsmouth in football. Talking scores like 60-6. Other than football, I think they'd be a good fit in the OVC.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

I would much rather see the OVC look like this (I know it won't happen)

Coal Grove
Rock Hill
South Point
Chesepeake
Fairland
Wheelersburg
Franklin Furnance Green

now that would be a good conference, and I would also make a rule you only have to play 5 confernece games and those games would be decided by the league.

Championship
JV Team

Post by Championship »

I say just leave it how it is .... though we complain every year as players that we got to go to River Valley think about it they got to come down here a lot more than we have to go up there ... and like someone said earlier 7-3 with an average non conf schedule is playoff worthy in most years .... IMO SP would have made the playoffs each of the previous 2 seasons if they hadnt played such a rediculous non conf schedule .... this upcoming year they got back to playing teams they can actually compete with but still be able to get playoff points out of .... I dont think SV nor Ironton would be good choices .... most years SV would end up 3-4 in the conference and Ironton would dominate every year regardless of who's good or not.

Return to “Football”