#3 Wheelersburg V.S. #7 Fredericktown - Regional Semi-Finals

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

19eightyfive wrote:i really want to see this game. beat'em like you beat us! play hard and kick butt!
SOC represent.

hopefully we will win this game

DEmaniac
Waterboy

Post by DEmaniac »

mirror images. Ds are really good. Offenses are same but for the qbs. More mobile for Freds. Shouldnt be such a big deal in that our Dline is really quick and they tackle very well. If they have a shot at him he wont get away 8 out of 10 tries. Just hope those 2 arent for big gainers. Freds have a speedy guy in #3 and will be a challenge for whomever covers him. Problem with the mobile QB is corners have to adjust to keep him contained if he takes off and runs. That leaves someone open and normally accounts for a completed pass. Burgs coaches will need to find a way by watching the films and make the right assignment to keep this QB in check, whether it be a LB or just a good blitz package, I dont know. I look for a good game and will be there to support the Burgites!

WCHSTV in Huntington had video clips of the Burg game vs Ridgewood and I cant find it now. Showed the catch by Cook etc..

Looking out over the Ohio river, waiting for the tranquility that is NOT Friday night Football!!
DEmaniac
Waterboy

Post by DEmaniac »

MBCCHAMPS, no disrespect from hardly any of these burg posters on here. If it were others, they will be pointed out in more posts. I havent gone back and looked myself but from what I have seen, Burgites are not looking for a blowout, but we are confident we can win the game. And some, like I, will not make any predictions. These are kids and playing ona nuetral field.

Yep, Cburg beat us. But the year before we smacked Northridge around. We are alot better posters this year because of that. And you can tell by looking through our posts.

Neither team this year has the standout players like Centerburg had that year, or Kaskey and Stephenson the year we beat Northridge. Both teams this year play as a team and thats why I think this will be a really good game. Our defense has made some good strides against some very good competition and most people, including me get hung up on that. BUT, this is 2 deep in the playoffs and the talent levels go up linearly over where you play in your area. This must be adjusted for by both teams. Freddies played great against a good highlands team and of course, the Johnnies. But just like any year, you play your conference teams and some of them have your tendencies down and Minford did that to us like Centerburg did that to the freddies and Johnnies for that matter.

Looking out over the Ohio river, waiting for the tranquility that is NOT Friday night Football!!
E_Waugh
Freshman Team

Post by E_Waugh »

Gotta go with the Burg on this one....

Prediction

Burg 35
Freddies 14

Good Luck Burg!

DEmaniac
Waterboy

Post by DEmaniac »

Tigertownturkey, I know that both side of the field are bigger than Burg. What I meant was that in the photo, it showed the visitors side. Plenty of seating from 20-20 if I remember correctly. I was there in the 2002 Pwest vs Cochocton game. I was on the home side and Coshocton was standing all over the place because the game was close to them and they brought a ton and couldnt seat all of them. But this game locale is halfway and Burg knows how to get to the Gales field.

I hope smoking is allowed in the field gates or I may not go. They did allow us in their at half time in 2002. We were really cramped. Sorry folks, but I dont think I have ever given a kid a reason to smoke and I got kicked out of a regional softball game a few years ago because I lit up at the gales left field line 30 feet away from any player. I got relagated to standing in a hole behind the school line. If its the same, sorry this retired Navy guy will not pay his money to the Lancaster shool district for that. I dont wont to hurt anyone with my nasty habit, but if you have been where I have been, You wouldnt be so adament about the school district policy.

I smoke 2-3 cigs at a game and it cost me 20 cents a cig. I pay 5-7 dollars a game to get in and its open air. I agree I shouldnt smoke, but its 30 years ago and I cant or wont stop and I dont think my one time smoking on a field in Lancaster a few years ago caused any deaths. And I pick up my cig buts when Im done. How about we go through the crowd with a sniffer to keep drunks from driving away from the field? Or doping kids? They can cause some damage! I know its a stupid argument but Im tired of being treated like a 3rd class citizen every where I go. And the Gales establishment is the first account I went through.

Just make an area where people who smoke can congregate at half time and I will pay my money for the gales football field. I know its only 3 hours or so to go without it but I want it and outdoors is NO RISK! Driving to the game is a bigger risk. JMO

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

Good luck to the Burg, and Demaniac, I hope you get a seat and I hope you get to enjoy your cigar....... ;-)

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Reading an article on JJ's and it looks like they have two main guys. Zollars and Hathaway.

Like DE said, Burg will need to be able to contain that QB, especially since he likes to run. They haven't really faced a team with a QB who likes to tuck it and run. Porter from Portsmouth was probably about the only one and the Burg did a good job of containing him. I think Burg has enough speed on the defense that it will be hard for a player to break a long run on them.

Now on the other side of the spectrum, has the Freddies seen an offense that the Burg will bring to the table. They don't have just one main feature back and they have a QB who is very accurate with his passes who has receivers, that if you get the ball close to them, will make the catch. 7 different receivers have caught passes this year, with 4 of them having 16 or more catches. The Burg has quick scoring capabilities, just ask Ridgewood. That TD just before the half last week, with 17.8 seconds on the clock, was a thing of beauty. It also turned out to be a big turning point in the game.

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

Heard through the grapevine that the Freddies are similar in style to Burg. More pass than run I've been told. QB is quick and a couple players with good speed. Overall decent size line.

Burg will need to make the initial hit and tackle count. Last week against Ridgewood Burg had some issues with finishing the tackles. Several times the runner was hit at the LOS by one or two only to break the tackle and continue to get 5-6 yards. Burg did a much better job tightening up the LBs in the second half, wrapping up, swarming the ball and finishing the tackle..

As always, Burg OL must give Spradlin time to connect with his receivers. Take the short 5-10 yard routes early to move the chains and mix in a little run. Once the DBs tighten, burn'em deep with one of the "super 7".

I'm going with Burg 27 Freddies 17

Army
S

Post by Army »

Good Luck Pirates :!:

Portsmouth_Tradition
Waterboy

Post by Portsmouth_Tradition »

Good Luck Pirates. Carry on the banner for Southern Ohio.

valleyfan07
Varsity

Post by valleyfan07 »

earp wrote:Ya Fulton Field is a good place to watch a game.I went there a few years back and watched Ironton and Licking Valley play!Quite a bit of seating on the vistors side as well.

There is plenty of seating but the bleachers are sorty scary, they are high and wide open. If you have small kids sit low! Nice facility though with a great setting!

burggrad1986
Riding the Bench

Post by burggrad1986 »

whats the best way to get there?

72Xcurl
Freshman Team

Post by 72Xcurl »

Good Luck PIRATES from this Waverly Fan.

GO TIGERS
g_man75
Waterboy

Post by g_man75 »

This Waverly Tiger Fan plans on going to the game and cheering on the Burg in person. Go Pirates! Win another one for the SOC!

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

burggrad1986 wrote:whats the best way to get there?

Drive!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Neutron Man wrote:

Drive!

thats a good one. where exactly is the stadium at?

sports junkie
JV Team

Post by sports junkie »

Good Luck to the Burg!!

burgfan2
Waterboy

Post by burgfan2 »

Well if they have the same style of play on offense that Wheelersburg does then I think it will play to the Pirates avantage defensively. After watching last weeks game Wheelersburg definately had a time stopping the run. Ridgewood's backs and o-line were big and made it tough for the Pirates. I think the secondary for Wheelersburg if very good and plays very sound and won't give up the big pass. The only bad thing I see is the QB. It was said he is speedy, does that mean he is mobile? It this guy like to throw outside the pocket and use his legs when needs Wheelersburg might have some trouble. I don't think they have dealt with a very mobile QB this year. As for the offense, I hope to see the Pirates open it up even more. More passing and actually just some short routes. Spradlin had people open against Ridgewood down field but had heat on him to where he didn't seem comfortable to pass. Give some short quick routes and let the recievers do the rest cause they definately can.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Mad_Dogg wrote:
Neutron Man wrote:

Drive!

It's in Lancaster!!!!! :-D :-D :-D

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:
Mad_Dogg wrote:
Neutron Man wrote:

Drive!

It's in Lancaster!!!!! :-D :-D :-D

HA!
Another good one!!
:lol: :lol:
Last edited by Neutron Man on Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Football”