Minford Football

Crab's Brother
SEO

Re: Minford Football

Post by Crab's Brother »

art_vandelay wrote:
vladimir wrote:Why only in Minford do we have to put up with this?!?!?!? He starts at QB since halfway thru his freshman year and moves? Unless his family is living in the Eastern Pike school district he can't play. What in the hale people? What about the Kelley kid that didn't play last year? He has experience at QB at the Jr high level, is he coming out?
Maybe I'm misunderstanding your post, but Brandon Rowe transferred from Beaver Eastern to Minford and played 4 years of varsity basketball. That turned out well for Minford, no?*

I think Austin Mcbee scored a few buckets too.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

To me watching HS basketball is like watching paint dry, so I have no idea about kids transferring in or out for basketball. Besides I thought this was a football forum.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Blackjack
JV Team

Post by Blackjack »

I agree with vladimir - HS basketball is watching paint dry but kickball is worse....

mglight
Riding the Bench

Post by mglight »

Any scrimmages set for the Falcons this season? The only known is the foundation game at Fairland.

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

You work for the school, you should know ! :roll:

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

Well, technically I'm not an employee, just been helping since 1994 with various things.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

From what I'm hearing, the number of boys out for the team are over 60. The years the Falcons have made runs for the SOCII title, they've had numbers of 60 or more.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I'm excited to have NY playing Minford next year!

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Orange and Brown wrote:I'm excited to have NY playing Minford next year!
NY is a good pickup for Minford.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Congrats to Cain Madden! He's #62 for the Marshall Thundering Herd. Looks like to me he's made the team as a "blue shirt" recruit. Not sure I'm familiar with the term "Blue Shirt," but Way to go Cain!!

http://blogs.wvgazettemail.com/dougsmock/

Definition of a "Blue Shirt," recruit

http://insider.espn.com/insider/story?id=10431213

knowledge
All Conference

Post by knowledge »

Very interested to see this year's brand of Falcon football. I saw on the school's website it said we are playing @Johnstown Northridge and @Williamsburg. Earlier someone posted that we are playing NY, so have we made changes to the schedule on the website?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

knowledge wrote:Very interested to see this year's brand of Falcon football. I saw on the school's website it said we are playing @Johnstown Northridge and @Williamsburg. Earlier someone posted that we are playing NY, so have we made changes to the schedule on the website?
NY Minford is next year.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

8/12/16 Scrimmage at Piketon

Minford 22 Piketon 7

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Update on Cain Madden

Herd camp report, 8/13 full day
August 13, 2016 by Doug Smock Share This Article
From the morning:
As you may know, walk-on QB Alex Roy left the program. He was one of two walk-ons in camp, the other being Deshaun Phillips. Among the scholarship players, Garet Morrell hasn’t looked too bad, with Xavier Gaines showing flashes of brilliance.

Wide receivers starting to make big-time catches including the young ones. Brandon Rodgers made a really nice catch, and Willie Johnson is about as fast as advertised. He was getting a long look at kickoff return, but take that with a grain of whatever — you never, ever practice a full-contact kickoff return.

Big things are expected from DT Channing Hames, but he’ll have to stop getting blasted by Freshman walk-on OL Cain Madden (Minford) in the “Oklahoma” drill.
Big RB Anthony Anderson is starting to exert himself. He trucked LB Chase Hancock pretty good in 11-on-11.
Clouds are out and the wind was blowing, so it isn’t hideously hot and humid today.

http://blogs.wvgazettemail.com/dougsmock/

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Nice! Go get em Cain.

Old school football
Waterboy

Post by Old school football »

Minford school board hired ruby without interviewing anyone else. I wish ruby well he a great person.
But would have like to who would have applied?

Return to “Football”