Northwest Mohawks Head Coach-2008?

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Re: Northwest Mohawks Head Coach-2008?

Post by Axe N Shield »

Best to luck with to Scott Thompson and the applicant who is very close to Coach Davis! I'm sure that both men are very qualified.

Randy Beckman was suppost to have applied as well! This guy's coaching record is very impressive!

Good Luck to the Mohawk Nation and have a great season! But not in week one! LOL

Bigboy52
All State

Post by Bigboy52 »

My question is why would Randy Beckman come to McDermott, Ohio from Poca, West Virginia? He has a very nice record as a coach and would no doubt be a good candidate to be the next coach at Northwest. Does he have a connection with Northwest?

As for Scott Thompson, I know he is a Mohawk and knows the ins and outs of the district and is aware of the work ahead of him. I commend him for stepping up and wanting to put the program in the forefront of the SOC II.

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Post by Axe N Shield »

Maybe he wanted to come and see how real high school football is played! LOL!! Just kidding.

Retired Tiger
Waterboy

Post by Retired Tiger »

If you have the chance to get Scott Thompson as your head man please take that opportunity!!! Quality person, loves the game and loves the kids... He is from the area and understands the needs of the kids and thier situations as he is just a big old farmboy himself.... I will be watching the paper and preps over the next few weeks to see what happens... BEst of luck SCotty and thanks for what you did for my kids!

thenoose
Freshman Team

Post by thenoose »

Hopefully they can make a good decision so that they're football program can have some solid footing for this season.

pappy
Freshman Team

Post by pappy »

what about Bob Ashley.....he is solid :122249

big-train
Freshman Team

Post by big-train »

I agree

The Program
Waterboy

Post by The Program »

Bob Ashley would not be a good choice imo

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Post by Axe N Shield »

When will Northwest name their new Head Coach? They should be having a board meeting within the next week shouldn't they?

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

Who ever it is, it needs to be someone to work with the program from the pee-wee to high school and someone who will stay there awhile and not just a two-three year turnaround....One thing that I think hurts them in players having to learn two-three systems in four years.

Runner00
JV Team

Post by Runner00 »

Bob Ashley :shock: :roll:

Bigboy52
All State

Post by Bigboy52 »

I see.

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Post by Axe N Shield »

Does Northwest have a school board meeting this week?

Bigboy52
All State

Post by Bigboy52 »

I just talked with someone who should know what they're talkiing about and according to this person Randy Beckman didn't apply. Scott Thompson, Billy Crabtree (current assistant coach), Darrell Davis's son or son-in-law, and someone from Greenup County are the only four applicants so far and interviews are this Thursday.

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Post by Axe N Shield »

It would be Darryl Davis' son-in-law! Coach Davis only has daughters. His son-in-law is Todd Gilliland; he is a Social Studies teacher as well. He was the head coach for baseball at East until last year or this year.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Bigboy52 wrote:I just talked with someone who should know what they're talkiing about and according to this person Randy Beckman didn't apply. Scott Thompson, Billy Crabtree (current assistant coach), Darrell Davis's son or son-in-law, and someone from Greenup County are the only four applicants so far and interviews are this Thursday.

That is not true. Maybe they are the only ones getting interviews, But I know others applied.

Runner00
JV Team

Post by Runner00 »

Who is the young man running the Weight Program at nw right now, I think he knows the kids and knows how things work in the nw area. He deserves a look!

Bobby Love
Riding the Bench

Post by Bobby Love »

im trying to remember his name. when i think of it i'll let you know. shows great interest and works well with kids.

thenoose
Freshman Team

Post by thenoose »

Any decisions been made yet??

Return to “Football”