2008 Wheelersburg Pirates Football

Tartanblue
SEO

Re: 2008 Wheelersburg Pirates Football

Post by Tartanblue »

Enemy of State_98 wrote:I dont think any of the top athletes would leave burg to go play at east but there could be some talented kids that dont get the opportunity to play at the burg go to east and give it a shot. I dont think that it the best idea for the burg to play east because they would be in a no win situation because if they win then there expected to win and if they were to get beat then it be bad for the burg. I wish the best two both teams and their new coaches coach Hall and Coach Woodward

Oh no, not in the best interest at all for the two to play each other...I was told back when they did play each other Burg would win in the 50s and East would score maybe once or twice. Wheelersburg should be one of the top teams to beat in the area.

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

Tartanblue wrote:Is there any chance with East hiring Larry Hall that they get a player or two from Burg?

I think i will send my daughter there now,she plays in the band and The Riepo Man doesn't think much of band :roll:

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

D-5 wrote:
Tartanblue wrote:Is there any chance with East hiring Larry Hall that they get a player or two from Burg?

I think i will send my daughter there now,she plays in the band and The Riepo Man doesn't think much of band :roll:

Might be better off keeping her at Burg

BurgGrad
Riding the Bench

Post by BurgGrad »

Just a question? Has anybody heard how the turf fund is going.

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

D-5 wrote:

:lol: I dont think much of kids who do long jump either :lol: Seriously though I loved hearing the band play but all the complaining that comes from them is terrible...my mom told me stories from when she was in high school about how the band director was as strict as Ed Miller...and they complain about walking around the track in 100 degree weather

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

;-)

GrumpyOldFish
Freshman Team

Post by GrumpyOldFish »

BurgGrad wrote:Just a question? Has anybody heard how the turf fund is going.
..... :?:

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

I think we'll have to wait another year for turf =(

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

The Riepo Man wrote:I think we'll have to wait another year for turf =(

Why??? I thought that it was going to be here for the upcoming football season. What happened?

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

FalconFan wrote:
The Riepo Man wrote:I think we'll have to wait another year for turf =(

Why??? I thought that it was going to be here for the upcoming football season. What happened?

Maybe it will be but Im pretty sure they dont have enough money...anyone else have more info please join in

GrumpyOldFish
Freshman Team

Post by GrumpyOldFish »

That sucks :evil: I'm sure they could think of a way to get money, it's Burg. Maybe a private donation ot two from some doctors or something. :lol:

StCRedDevils
Riding the Bench

Post by StCRedDevils »

Good luck this season Wheelersburg!!! We are going to miss playing you guys this season...2 great games over the last 2 years!!!

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

StCRedDevils wrote:Good luck this season Wheelersburg!!! We are going to miss playing you guys this season...2 great games over the last 2 years!!!

good luck to you guys also. maybe in the future this series can get renewed.

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

Mad_Dogg wrote:
StCRedDevils wrote:Good luck this season Wheelersburg!!! We are going to miss playing you guys this season...2 great games over the last 2 years!!!

We played some guys from St. Clairesville's football team at the beach over senior trip and avenged the loss :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

burgtown2008
Riding the Bench

Post by burgtown2008 »

There seems to be twice the interest in off season football at Minford as there is in the Burg, there are twice as many post and twice the views. It has really been quiet about the up coming season this year, I hope it's not a bad sign.

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

burgtown2008 wrote:There seems to be twice the interest in off season football at Minford as there is in the Burg, there are twice as many post and twice the views. It has really been quiet about the up coming season this year, I hope it's not a bad sign.

Just because we dont talk about what we do day to day for football doesnt mean we arent preparing...Ive seen the football team workin very very very very very very very hard. Minford can talk all they want about football cause once gametime comes around my PIRATES will be ready to take names and kick some (bleep). :lol: Crack some skulls then Tag'em and Bag'em baby!

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

burgtown2008 wrote:There seems to be twice the interest in off season football at Minford as there is in the Burg, there are twice as many post and twice the views. It has really been quiet about the up coming season this year, I hope it's not a bad sign.

Just the quiet before the storm! :lol:

At this point not much to say and just alot of unknowns with the new coaching staff I guess. Burg will be solid again this season.

Should be full bore in the weight room and conditioning now which started the 1st week of June.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

No need to talk about Burg football, everyone knows what they will bring to the table.

#1_fan
Freshman Team

Post by #1_fan »

I hope to see Wheelersburg do good this year....
That is atleast untill they play the redmen. :122245

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

The Riepo Man wrote:
Mad_Dogg wrote:

We played some guys from St. Clairesville's football team at the beach over senior trip and avenged the loss :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

good one riep

Return to “Football”