19%
Valley
4%

Total votes: 68

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Re: SOC2 2016

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

As far as the BIG soc1 schools, I remember reading a post last year that stated something like, Whoever wins the SOC1 moves to the SOC2 the next season, and whomever finishes last in the SOC2 goes to 1. That would be kinda fun, Don't ya think.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

NewEra wrote:I look for Minford with a renewed energy will be back near the top competing for SOC and a playoff appearance. The offensive backfield is much more experienced this year.
Backfield experience means very little when it isn't at the quarterback position.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

P(irate) wrote:As far as the BIG soc1 schools, I remember reading a post last year that stated something like, Whoever wins the SOC1 moves to the SOC2 the next season, and whomever finishes last in the SOC2 goes to 1. That would be kinda fun, Don't ya think.

Scheduling nightmares would never let that happen.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Crab's Brother wrote:
NewEra wrote:I look for Minford with a renewed energy will be back near the top competing for SOC and a playoff appearance. The offensive backfield is much more experienced this year.
Backfield experience means very little when it isn't at the quarterback position.
Any experience at the high school level is important. Not sure how it means very little when the RB's are touching the ball every other play?

Minford what should be a very solid QB this year that has started since mid freshman year. The backfield will be solid and it comes down to how their line plays and depth.

Minford will be interesting this year. They can have a good chance of making the playoffs.

Burg will be solid again. West and Waverly should/could be much improved.

Its no secret that Valley could be down the next couple years but I wouldnt completely rule them out as far as being competitive. They have a good coaching staff but they might have to be magicians to overcome all the talent and experience they lost last year.

It should be an interesting year in the SOC II.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Bleeding Red wrote:
Crab's Brother wrote:
Any experience at the high school level is important. Not sure how it means very little when the RB's are touching the ball every other play?

Minford what should be a very solid QB this year that has started since mid freshman year. The backfield will be solid and it comes down to how their line plays and depth.

Minford will be interesting this year. They can have a good chance of making the playoffs.

Burg will be solid again. West and Waverly should/could be much improved.

Its no secret that Valley could be down the next couple years but I wouldnt completely rule them out as far as being competitive. They have a good coaching staff but they might have to be magicians to overcome all the talent and experience they lost last year.

It should be an interesting year in the SOC II.

If my info is solid (and I believe it to be), that quaterback is now wearing Brown and Orange. If not, I stand corrected.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

That would be new info to me, but I have been so busy with other things I haven't kept up with the changes going into this season.

Oak
Freshman Team

Post by Oak »

Eastern people told me the same.

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

[quote="Oak"]Eastern people told me the same.

Noah Gray is an Eastern Eagle his family moved in the district the end of this year. Him and the Chenoweth boy that moved in from Waverly should make our backfield little stronger.

GO EAGLES
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

I didn't know Chenoweth moved?

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

smurray wrote:I didn't know Chenoweth moved?
Pretty sure it's Chenoweth I think Tyrell is his name been at Eastern since basketball season was going on.

GO EAGLES
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

I knew he transferred but didn't realize his family moved.

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

smurray wrote:I knew he transferred but didn't realize his family moved.
I'm being told he isn't even playing football now. just have to wait and see every summer kids say this.

GO EAGLES
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Will be a waste of talent if he doesn't play.

Seops123
Riding the Bench

Post by Seops123 »

Wheelersburg has to be the favorite. They have become the premier program in Southeastern Ohio, along with Jackson.

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

smurray wrote:Will be a waste of talent if he doesn't play.
Thinking this kid is staying a tiger smurray. we got a couple new in and the talk is he is headed back to waverly. not ever real sure about summer talk but we will know next month for sure.

GO EAGLES
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

brown22,
Hope he comes back to Waverly and plays. He makes a great one-two punch with Harris. Two totally opposite backs.
Tigers hoping to add a real nice sophomore WR if everything works out for his family to move from southwest Ohio.
Maybe know more next Wednesday.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Waverly will soon be welcoming the before mentioned family from Lebanon Ohio. Incoming sophomore and 8th grader. Father was hired at the board meeting last night.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

West will win the SOC this year

HighLightReel
Freshman Team

Post by HighLightReel »

The SOC 2 runs through Burg still.

BurgGrad6
SE