OVC PREDICTIONS

Who's going to win the OVC?

Total votes: 0

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: OVC PREDICTIONS

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

NOW THAT WE ARE BEING CIVIL. HELLO MY NAME IS YTB.
it's always tough in the playoffs. to try to answer your question. some of these teams are enourmous schools, so when they make the playoffs , they are already meeting a beast. i've always thought this, and i've heard many announcers and coaches statewide say this. d4 is the hardest title to win. you are citing rock hill's non-league as not being a faxtor last year. i to be honest with you can't remember their non league. i think they played maybe tolsia, and portsmouth west, is that 2 of them. if i'm wrong correct me, but this year rock hill. plays valley, d5-oak hill d5-ports. west d5-wheelersburg d5-chesapeake d5. that is at least 5 schools i know of that are smaller. only one is really a stud program consistently , the butg. the other schools on the schedule are all d4. which is fine if they werte big point getters. in contrast. ironton plays 2 stud d5 programs. wheelersburg, and nelsonville york. only 2 are d4 . gahs, and portsmouth. everybody else is d1,2, or 3. just a comparison. but if rock hill, and ironton both go say 7-3. and come out of the seson realitively healthy. you'd have to think ironton would go farther in the playoffs. because then, they are playing teams their own size. i don't know if any ovc team has ever played anybody like columbus desales, columbus bishop watterson, or washington dc arch bishop carroll high school. but these teams throw105 players at you, each as good as the last. it's brutal to play teams like this when the tewams here locally , the starters nearly never leave the field. even special teams. that is what makes them, ironton truley battle tested. and you are correct locally teams from seop country have not gone far into the playoffs lately . with the exception of westfall. who just about got to the state game last year. but it runs in cycles. i hoipe lawrence county has 7 yeams in the playoffs this year. it's impossible to make this point without using ironton as a measuring stick. they are the only team, with that much playoff experience locally, at any level. thabks for listening. glad to meet you.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

NOW THAT WE ARE BEING CIVIL. HELLO MY NAME IS YTB.
it's always tough in the playoffs. to try to answer your question. some of these teams are enourmous schools, so when they make the playoffs , they are already meeting a beast. i've always thought this, and i've heard many announcers and coaches statewide say this. d4 is the hardest title to win. you are citing rock hill's non-league as not being a faxtor last year. i to be honest with you can't remember their non league. i think they played maybe tolsia, and portsmouth west, is that 2 of them. if i'm wrong correct me, but this year rock hill. plays valley, d5-oak hill d5-ports. west d5-wheelersburg d5-chesapeake d5. that is at least 5 schools i know of that are smaller. only one is really a stud program consistently , the butg. the other schools on the schedule are all d4. which is fine if they werte big point getters. in contrast. ironton plays 2 stud d5 programs. wheelersburg, and nelsonville york. only 2 are d4 . gahs, and portsmouth. everybody else is d1,2, or 3. just a comparison. but if rock hill, and ironton both go say 7-3. and come out of the seson realitively healthy. you'd have to think ironton would go farther in the playoffs. because then, they are playing teams their own size. i don't know if any ovc team has ever played anybody like columbus desales, columbus bishop watterson, or washington dc arch bishop carroll high school. but these teams throw105 players at you, each as good as the last. it's brutal to play teams like this when the tewams here locally , the starters nearly never leave the field. even special teams. that is what makes them, ironton truley battle tested. and you are correct locally teams from seop country have not gone far into the playoffs lately . with the exception of westfall. who just about got to the state game last year. but it runs in cycles. i hoipe lawrence county has 7 yeams in the playoffs this year. it's impossible to make this point without using ironton as a measuring stick. they are the only team, with that much playoff experience locally, at any level. thabks for listening. glad to meet you.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

sorry to take so long to reply, but i'm a pecker, and my eyes are shot.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

osufan76. i can't wait any longrt gor a response my eyes are gone. glad to talk anythime.

OVCfan32
Freshman Team

Post by OVCfan32 »

haha what the heck ytb. . .don't make yourself sound dumb now
osufan has got the right idea. . . now ytb after reading correctly if you think you have any shadow of a point to retort please do

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

How will Rock Hill be this year?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

NOPE SAID ENOUGH. I'M NOT A BASHER, BUT A FAN. MERELY TRYING TO SAY A WAY TO START A POWERHOUSE TEAM, IF YOU'RE HAPPY, I'M HAPPY. AND I'M ALWAYS HAPPY. IF YOU DISAGREE, THATS THE GREAT THING ABOUT FREEDOM OF SPEECH. AND I RESPECT ALL POSTS, AS WELL AS ALL POSTERS.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

ALL I CAN SAY IS GOOD LUCK TO THE POINTERS, CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THAT NEW STADIUM, AND SCHOOL. I HEAR IT'S BEAUTIFUL. WHEN DOES IRONTON/SOUTH POINT PLAY AGAIN. I HOPE IT'S AT YOUR PLACE. :122245

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

nirvana wrote:god i hate ironton people they need to deal with they fact they suck.... wanna hear a bold prediction?...ironton will never have another state championship in football...i mean honestly who would even wanna play in a rundown crappy place like that the football field is as ugly as the town...go pointers!!!

WOW strong jealousy post!

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

Nirvana If the tigers suck then what does that make the pointer's? Ironton's JV would beat your varsity by at least 3 td's. I do get tired of tiger fans coming over and putting down the OVC but I would never say the actual tiger team sucks. Just some of their fans are very boastful and disrespectful to say the very least. I'm a big Ironton fan but I loved it when my son's team beat them last year in basketball after they dissed the OVC. GO GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!

earp
S

Post by earp »

Ya! And for the district title too!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

fickle crowd. :122245

earp
S

Post by earp »

Hey Im not fickle Bait!That really happened!

FB#5
Waterboy

Post by FB#5 »

South Point returns alot of players too.and with alot of athletes the Pointers should have a good year!!

on a mission
All Conference

Post by on a mission »

ITS A 3 DOG RACE.....RH,CG,SP.........PROBALY A 3 WAY TIE AGAIN!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

primetime20
Riding the Bench

Post by primetime20 »

ok first off in my opinion the ovc will not be a 3 team race...south point really does have the talent and experience to walk through the ovc...i definitly see a playoff push this year for them...as for SP/IRONTON, we could possibly see this game in the playoffs this year, in which i think will be a great game with no blowout at all...i think it could go either way

the pointers have a strong offense that can be hard to handle...they have seagraves, plants, dillion, woodson, and west in the backfield with kratzenberg as the quarterback...tell me how that can be easy to stop....not to mention a line full of experience with pretty much everyone returning

so all im really saying is dont sleep on the pointers because they will surprise some ppl

balla4life
Riding the Bench

Post by balla4life »

the only one of them thats any good is seagraves

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

on a mission wrote:ITS A 3 DOG RACE.....RH,CG,SP.........PROBALY A 3 WAY TIE AGAIN!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
------------------------ I'VE BEEN HEARING FAIRLAND WILL AND SHOULD BE RIGHT IN THIS RACE.

earp
S

Post by earp »

The talent is there YTB!Just depends on how they gel as a team and we stay injury free! ;-)

Return to “Football”