5%
Alexander
6%

Total votes: 81

Jim Ryan
JV Team

Re: 2016 TVC Ohio Predictions

Post by Jim Ryan »

Mr. Hoff wrote:Has anyone heard what type of Offense Nelsonville York will be running next year?
I have heard that they will be running the "3 Headed Monster" offense. Their defense will be called the "Not Fired DC" defense. :lol:

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

MarauderMadness wrote:
ShoeHorn wrote:1 Athens
2 Meigs
3 Nelsonville-York
4 Vinton County
5 Wellston
6 River Valley
7 Alexander
Totally a joke. Meigs will be 10-0 and make a deep run in the playoffs. We are a football school. Always have been and always will be.
I love it! The s@#t talking begins!

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

93Bulldog wrote:Athens will have its QB back, Treyce Albin, who nobody got to see play last year after injuring his elbow in August. Plus all their skill players on the outside.

But more importantly ... They have every single lineman returning ...

6'4 255 Broady Rogers
6'3 290 Cam Kassler
6'0 225 Luke Carpenter
6'0 240 Brock Stewart
6'2 220 Nick Engleman

Athens also started 6'2 200lb freshman, Justin Hines, on the defensive line some weeks ... and they had another 5'10 230 freshmen, Gage Penrod, who could have probably played in some varsity games.

With the work they have been putting in, not to mention their height/weight was taken last summer, I'm guessing Athens will have its biggest offensive line in years.
That OLine was pretty impressive last year. Made it easy most games for Mr. Sultzman to do his thing. What a base to start with.

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

Poo Bear wrote:How many teams will make the playoffs from the TVC Ohio ?
I will say
Athens
Meigs
Alexander
Remember they lost a lot of seniors! Don't think they had a lot happening with JV.

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

Not going to give a prediction yet, but think VC will impress a lot of you this year. Losing Ousley and Caudill hurt a lot, but we return a lot of experience on our big O line. Hard to replace Caudill there but have some good candidates to step in. Replacing a stud like Ousley is unimaginable, but I expect it to be tough for every defense to have to deal with 3to4 running back that will be toting the ball this year out of coach Wellmans wing T offense. Looking forward to a fun season of TVC football. I think our conference is constantly getting better and more competitive. Great to see us represent ourselves in weeks 11 in multiple divisions.

NY Tomcat
JV Team

Post by NY Tomcat »

Jim Ryan wrote:
Mr. Hoff wrote:Has anyone heard what type of Offense Nelsonville York will be running next year?
I have heard that they will be running the "3 Headed Monster" offense. Their defense will be called the "Not Fired DC" defense. :lol:
Laugh all you want. It will only make the sting worse when the 3 knock the snot out of you. :mrgreen:

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

I just love the fact that the TVC-Ohio is becoming a more and more competitive league, and that we are only in March and this thread already has close to 70 posts! Great time for the TVC-Ohio!

A lot of SENIOR heavy teams in 2015 will now become young pups in 2016. Should be a very, very interesting year in 2016! I can't wait!

Once A Raider, Always A Raider!
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Last year there were 42 league games. 36 out of 42 games were some what close. That's very impressive

MeyerSpread
JV Team

Post by MeyerSpread »

I am going to say something very un popular but do you think maybe the games were closer because Nelsonville had turmoil and Athens Graduated a ton? Maybe everyone else is catching up to them because they aren't at their normal standard? (with the exception of Alexander, I think they were much improved). But I don't think the TVC Ohio is becoming a football powerhouse???

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

No league in our area is a powerhouse. Here are the only power house leagues GCL(southwest), MAC(northwest), and NCL(Northeast). Everyone else gets pounded by those leagues

billcox
Varsity

Post by billcox »

1 Athens
2 Meigs
3 Nelsonville-York
4 River Valley
5 Wellston
6 Alexander
7 Vinton County

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

billcox wrote:1 Athens
2 Meigs
3 Nelsonville-York
4 River Valley
5 Wellston
6 Alexander
7 Vinton County
1-2 Meigs Athens
3 Nelsonville-York
4-5 Alexander River Valley
6 Wellston
7 Vinton County

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

Even with not knowing who the coach will be at VC I don't see them finishing last. Too much coming back at the skill positions and other TVC teams graduated A LOT.

billcox
Varsity

Post by billcox »

hateraid wrote:Even with not knowing who the coach will be at VC I don't see them finishing last. Too much coming back at the skill positions and other TVC teams graduated A LOT.
Athens will be loaded as usual.
Meigs is on the upswing and seem to be poised for another strong season.
NY had a down year because of controversy. I'd bet things will be back to normal this season.
RV returns a lot of young talent from a record setting team of a year ago.
Wellston has one of the best coaching staffs in the league.
Alexander is going to be down but I'm guessing Penrod and company will hold things together.
VC lost most of their production and just lost their head coach.

I'd be hard pressed to pick them over anyone else in the Ohio division at this point. Just my two cents...

MeyerSpread
JV Team

Post by MeyerSpread »

This has to be one of the hardest years to predict in the TVC-Ohio in many many years.

I think 5 of the 7 teams COULD win the league. There is no clear favorite.

Nelsonville-York talent and experience wise would probably be the pre-season favorite if it wasn't for the 2015 season fresh in our minds. However, with a new staff, and the drama involved with losing Coach Boston can they put it together this fast after the debacle which was 2015? I can see Mount having a tremendous year and he seems to be fully rehabbed according to his Track and Field times.

Meigs has the most potential but they have yet to prove anything. Everyone keeps waiting for them to break out but they are 21-19 since Bartrum's takeover of the helm. This is Cody Bartrum's Senior year and I think he has Division 1 talent and there is a lot of talent around him so I think this is the year if Meigs is going to do something special. Meigs hasn't won the TVC since 1998 though.

Athens dropped to 6-4 with out Burrow and company and will lose Saltsman this year... Coach Adams has done a wonderful job at Athens but we will find out how good of a coach he is this year.. I imagine they will be in the thick of things.

If Wellston has the turn around Oak Hill had under Phillips from years 1-3 the TVC better WATCH OUT! but it is yet to be proven.

Alexander seems to be REALLY excited about it's football right now... I can remember the signing day with 55 kids signing up and I assume have made a huge commitment to the weight room (which was the difference in last year) so it's hard to count them out...

River Valley and Vinton could compete as well but I can't see them winning the league. River Valley lost 15+ Seniors who couldn't get it done and Vinton doesn't even have a coach yet...

This will be a very fun year

NY Tomcat
JV Team

Post by NY Tomcat »

With all the talent that is coming back, the great staff that has been assembled and what I'm hearing about the work going on with the players and the program NY better win it this year. If not it might be a while.

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Having the right name for the coach was the best thing nelsonville York did

The other teams offense will be rusty when they come to town this year. Get it? Rusty? :lol

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

bump

Once A Raider, Always A Raider!
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Week 1
Alexander beats Federal hocking
Athens beats Warren
River valley beats Eastern
Meigs beats Gallia
Vinton beats Unioto(Vinton lost 21-6 last year)
NY beats Trimble
Wellston loses to Jackson

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

Raider6309 wrote:Week 1
Alexander beats Federal hocking
Athens beats Warren
River valley beats Eastern
Meigs beats Gallia
Vinton beats Unioto(Vinton lost 21-6 last year)
NY beats Trimble
Wellston loses to Jackson
Unfortunate (perhaps embarrassing is a better word) that Jackson and Athens the big fish can't do the right thing here and change this up and have Wellston play Warren and Jackson play Athens.

Just nuts, and spare me the big gate nonsense.

Return to “Football”