Re: WK 6 Jackson (4-1) @ Marietta (2-3)

Post by 2old »

Shenk,

The laws of nature say he has to be better looking than his dad.lol

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

I'd say you're correct. I just meant that he'll have a full range of motion in his limbs, no paralysis as was originally feared, and will be able to lead a normal everyday life. I guess I should have worded it better.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

"Marietta can Win by 2-4 scores"

That's somewhere between 9-32 points.

Thanks for the respect army.

loyaldevilfan
JV Team

Post by loyaldevilfan »

schenk11 wrote:
loyaldevilfan wrote:I was reading a few threads earlier and one I come accross said Marietta's Westbrook had over 1000 yards passing through the first 4 games...WOW...pretty impressive......That came from playing 4 good teams as well...

Through five games for Cody

83-150 55% 1328 yds 16.0 ypc 10 td

All I can say to that is WOW....That has come from some pretty togh Comp. as well....Any schools looking at him?

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

LDF, I think Jackson is looking at him right now. That is who jackson plays this week.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

SEOFootballFan,

Apparently this is just a bash fest on one kid. I see that the other posts have been removed...hopefully yours is too.

As for Trace, I think he could definitely be utilized more than he is, but he does have 4 TD catches so far this year. Jackson has never been a passing team. When you're as run-oriented as the Ironmen are, the TE isn't going to see too many opportunities. I definitely don't think it's anything deliberate. Trace is definitely a playmaker though, so I would really like to see the ball in his hands.

loyaldevilfan
JV Team

Post by loyaldevilfan »

2old wrote:LDF, I think Jackson is looking at him right now. That is who jackson plays this week.

I am not going to get into this drawn out arguement with you...as it seems that is what you are looking for since you have followed every post I have made with a smart alec comment.....I was refferring to colleges looking at Westbrook. So if it is a confrontation you want then look elsewhere..I am done wasting my time with you...

SEOFootballFan
Waterboy

Post by SEOFootballFan »

I stated that I am not aiming anything toward the boy.
I am just saying that he is not as great as what I have herd.
I just don't like it when people brag on how great a kid is and when ever I watch, I don't see where they get this from. Why should my posts be deleted? Does that mean everyone can get on here and hype up everyone they want too and no one is aloud to say there opinion in a polite manner? I said that I have no problem with the boy and even stated he could be a decent Qb, but defensively he needs much work done. Thats just a fact, especially when playing a team like Marietta.

And I will ask you a question. If you were an offensive coordinator, which side would you throw to? The Lindamood boy, or the other side? (that is not a bad statement either its just facts) Same type of question like would you run at Hughes or away from Hughes, so don't tell me that is an inappropriate question either.

Army
S

Post by Army »

Ironman92 wrote:"Marietta can Win by 2-4 scores"

That's somewhere between 9-32 points.

Thanks for the respect army.

No disrespect for the Ironmen, I think Jackson has the ability to win, they usually surprise a team or two in the SEOAL. But with that said, if Marietta can shut down your ground game and connect with their passing game, it could be Marietta's year and Big Time this season. Especially, the way the Tigers QB is throwing the ball.

Good Luck to both Respected SEOAL Schools :!:

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

SEOFootballFan wrote:02

I stated that I am not aiming anything toward the boy.
I am just saying that he is not as great as what I have herd.
I just don't like it when people brag on how great a kid is and when ever I watch, I don't see where they get this from. Why should my posts be deleted? Does that mean everyone can get on here and hype up everyone they want too and no one is aloud to say there opinion in a polite manner? I said that I have no problem with the boy and even stated he could be a decent Qb, but defensively he needs much work done. Thats just a fact, especially when playing a team like Marietta.

And I will ask you a question. If you were an offensive coordinator, which side would you throw to? The Lindamood boy, or the other side? (that is not a bad statement either its just facts) Same type of question like would you run at Hughes or away from Hughes, so don't tell me that is an inappropriate question either.

There were multiple posts before yours that were deleted by a moderator because they singled out the same individual that you did. Those posts were basically making fun of that player. I understand that you were just stating your opinion, but once again, an individual player was being singled out and criticized. If the other posts were deleted, then yours should have been too. It's not customary to get on here and really insult or demean a certain player. I'm sorry if he doesn't live up to your expectations or you feel that you have been misled by fans on this forum, but the kid doesn't deserve to be openly criticized on a public forum. It's not like we're talking about professionals here...these players are teenage kids.

MariettaPride21
S

Post by MariettaPride21 »

Looks like this is going to be a be a really good game both teams are good at what they do

schenk11
All Conference

Post by schenk11 »

loyaldevilfan wrote:All I can say to that is WOW....That has come from some pretty togh Comp. as well....Any schools looking at him?

Cody will be a high jumper in college. He has gone 6'10" in meets and 7' in practices. He is a two-time DI All-State performer, that is where he is getting looks.

loyaldevilfan
JV Team

Post by loyaldevilfan »

schenk11 wrote:
loyaldevilfan wrote:All I can say to that is WOW....That has come from some pretty togh Comp. as well....Any schools looking at him?

Cody will be a high jumper in college. He has gone 6'10" in meets and 7' in practices. He is a two-time DI All-State performer, that is where he is getting looks.

That is pretty impressive....that is slightly under National competition levels.....

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

gahs4ever wrote:While I am not a Jackson fan, I have watched them play enough games over the years to believe that a bigger problem with their defense is the scheme itself more than the players. I don't believe the 4-4 they play has proven to be successful against anyone with a decent passing game, but that is just me.

The key to running a 4-4 against the spread is all about linebackers. If you have outside linebackers who can cover receivers, it's not any different than a nickel defense. But if your outside linebackers don't have the ability to cover in space, you'll find yourself in trouble.

I think the same criticisms could be said of most defenses. For instance, Logan runs a 5-3 base defense which should struggle against the spread, but the defense is flexible with the right personnel. This year our nose guard and drop back as a 4th defensive back and out outside linebackers have the speed and athleticism to cover players in space.

If Jackson can find a couple of outside linebackers who can cover in space and mans up on Marietta, they should have an opportunity to make plays.

Sitting back in a soft zone against a quarterback like Westbrook makes for a long night though.

SEOFootballFan
Waterboy

Post by SEOFootballFan »

I am sorry but facts are facts, every passing team throws toward that side, and all I am saying is untill Jackson does something about that then they will continue to stuggle with the pass.

Yes I agree with what is being said about the 4-4. And I also agree about the 4-4 is up to the line backers, and that is what saves Jackson. Their outside line backers do a very good job. The Huff boy gets a lot of credit just as a RB, but he is a VERY good defensive player also.

meyetigers
Waterboy

Post by meyetigers »

bigcatmarietta wrote:Well, another game down. The Tigers are building momentum. Most of all confidence is building. I have been told Marietta does not deserve to be on the same field with Darby, and New Philly. I say to those people stay with your own team, and if your team is Marietta and you are saying this, get a new team. The Tigers could have won any of those games. The fact is we did not. Those games were all played weeks ago and the only thing we deal with now is how they prepared us for the challenges that the SEOAL brings. RUN, RUN, RUN…. This is all people talk about when the Tigers come up, that and the first 3 games. Can the Tigers stop the run, can they run themselves. Jackson is a fine football team with a star studded backfield. They run it very well. I am sure they will gain some yards on the Tigers. The simple fact is you get 0 points for 300 yards rushing. Jackson will score some points, but so will the Tigers. Jackson will run the ball that’s what they do. We will throw the ball, that’s what we do. (not sure if anyone knows wheeler had 250 on the ground last week for the Tigers.) But we will pass all around. For the 5th time I will tell you if the score is 87 Jackson 3 Marietta, the Tigers will keep fighting. This is a great week for the Tigers to take some respect from the league. No more can Marietta win; it’s who can stop them from winning. Good luck Tigers, and Jackson.

VERY WELL SAID.

LET'S HOPE THEY DON'T STOP THEMSELVES WITH SILLY MISTAKES. PLAY HARD, KEEP YOUR HEAD IN THE GAME AND "GO TIGERS" !

old-timer
Freshman Team

Post by old-timer »

Maybe the best way to stop (or contain) marietta's passing game is to get after the quarterback with more than just the front four. Force the short passes. Place boggs back at safety, where he can read the QB like the past and play two corners that will run with recieves and are good tacklers. This week, we need to have a team meeting at the QB on every pass play. Lets get after him in a big way and take away the big pass plays.

GO IRONMEN!!!

black_and_orange
Riding the Bench

Post by black_and_orange »

Most of Marietta's completions are of in the 5-15 yard from line of scrimmage range, we already have a short passing game that has put up 1328 yards because our receivers are that good in the open field and Cody fins the open receiver who can make a run after the catch.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

SEOFootballFan wrote:02
I am sorry but facts are facts, every passing team throws toward that side, and all I am saying is untill Jackson does something about that then they will continue to stuggle with the pass.

Yes I agree with what is being said about the 4-4. And I also agree about the 4-4 is up to the line backers, and that is what saves Jackson. Their outside line backers do a very good job. The Huff boy gets a lot of credit just as a RB, but he is a VERY good defensive player also.

I'm not disagreeing with the point you're making. I'm just saying that it's against the rules to criticize individual kids on here. Apparently I'm not in the minority because those posts, including yours, have been removed. Do you see what I'm saying?

I agree that Jackson's outside backers have been doing an excellent job. Huff and Landrum are getting the job done for the most part, from what I can see. Oldtimer is correct also...we need to get to the QB. We got pressure on Gallia Academy's QB, but we were always a split second too late. Westbrook is a talented player...we can't let him get comfortable back there.

SEOFootballFan
Waterboy

Post by SEOFootballFan »

Yes I understand, but I want you and the others to understand I was not trying to be mean about it even if it came out that way, but I just was stating my oppinion. Sorry.

And you guys should be very proud of that Huff boy, he is one heck of a football player! On Offense and Defense!!! If he continues he should definately be league MVP in my eyes.

Does anyone have his full stats?

Return to “Football”