WK 8 (7-0) West @ (6-1) Minford (Co-Game of Week)

NICKNEVADA
All Conference

Re: WK 8 (7-0) West @ (6-1) Minford (Co-Game of Week)

Post by NICKNEVADA »

SIDERS 21-17

Dudley87
Waterboy

Post by Dudley87 »

fbnut wrote:
falconbacker92 wrote:Good luck to Minford! I hope you put this week in your fuel tank and use your anger and disappointment against the Siders. Should be a great game. I don't think anybody in the area has a tougher midseason schedule than Minford. Granted everybody schedules a relatively soft first few games, but when you get to the meat of the schedule nobody has it tougher than Minford. Look at the mighty Burg playing Northwest...come on, might as well be a bye. When The Almighty BURG meets West they will come crumbling off the hill!!!! :lol: :lol:

Good luck to the Falcons!!! GO RED!!!!!!!

When should the burg play northwest? The burg hears the same thing every week, " the burgs a good team but we made to many mistakes, we would have won if we could have held on to the ball".

Waverly played Minford after Minford played Oak Hill Then they turn around and play West, Valley, and Burg that all come off of a week with Northwest.... just sayin....

TheMan
Waterboy

Post by TheMan »

after seeing the minford and waverly game, waverly could of been in that game but a couple of stupid play calls and interceptions made it look bad. west really shouldnt have a problem beating these guys

knowledge
All Conference

Post by knowledge »

Shew.. Folks. These days people read way into internet blogging type sites as this one. Let people stir it up and say whatever they want, its opinions and fun. People take this stuff way to crazy. If you want to post something to mix it up, so be it. If that is your thing, gun for it. But as far as the "big shots" who sit back, read, and point fingers, give me a break. and BTW this post was no response or shot at anyone from either side.

About the game, I see Minford rebounding at home.

Boonedawg
S

Post by Boonedawg »

I see west pitching another shut out 21-0

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

oldcoachb wrote:This will be the best team that West has played thus far. Make no mistake about it, we shot our selves in the foot last night. I'm not going to elaborate on it, the kids feel bad enough. The Burg dodged a bullet last night.

Burg used a gun of their own to shoot themselves on potential scoring drives several times last Friday as well. Also have to give some credit to Burg's D as well for creating those turnovers.

Too close to call at this point. If Minford takes care of the football I think it will be close. Minfords backs are as good as the South Point runners and Minford has better speed. Not sure if West can match the overall speed. Also if Osech has time to throw the football they should be able to move the ball in the air.

Minfords D must do a better job at stopping the run. As the game wore on last friday Burg was able to move the football pretty well.

live4sport
JV Team

Post by live4sport »

I see Minford coming of a tough loss to a great Burg team and having their way with West. I have watched every available game of West this season and Minford can match up with whatever they throw at them. If they go big--minford has it--small and quick--same. I'm not sure west can match up with Minford. Too many weapons. Minford has a an advantage coming off a tough game last week-- a lot can be learned from that. West hasn't experienced that --yet. I pick the falcons by 2 TD's.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Uncle C wrote:Minford should have won the game Friday against wheelers burg......to many turnovers........they know it ,,,nothing to look at know ,,,,they have 3 +more games to go ........I got to take the team Ive seen all year Minford 28 over West 14

on week ten....................we will be looking at a three way tie ....for the SOC2

And i hope for minford they get to play wheelersburg again in playoffs

GO RED
GO FALCONS
on another prediction west 34 wheelersburg 14

The definition of Insanity: Doing the same things over and over expecting different results.

Hey Uncle C you may want to notice this topic is about Minford and West. I know, when Basketball season comes around you will still be talking about " How Minford should of won this game...BLah BLah BLah" .

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

Uncle C wrote:Minford should have won the game Friday against wheelers burg......to many turnovers........they know it ,,,nothing to look at know ,,,,they have 3 +more games to go ........I got to take the team Ive seen all year Minford 28 over West 14

on week ten....................we will be looking at a three way tie ....for the SOC2

And i hope for minford they get to play wheelersburg again in playoffs

GO RED
GO FALCONS
on another prediction west 34 wheelersburg 14

I think you all should stop talking about the Burg vs. Minford game.....seriously.....if you polish a turd it's still a turd and a loss is a loss no matter how much you say it "should have been a win"

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

live4sport wrote:I see Minford coming of a tough loss to a great Burg team and having their way with West. I have watched every available game of West this season and Minford can match up with whatever they throw at them. If they go big--minford has it--small and quick--same. I'm not sure west can match up with Minford. Too many weapons. Minford has a an advantage coming off a tough game last week-- a lot can be learned from that. West hasn't experienced that --yet. I pick the falcons by 2 TD's.

All depends how a team responds after a tough loss. Could go either way.

West_Sider
Freshman Team

Post by West_Sider »

Just something to think about West has outscored the opposition 280-33 this year.

A-Bomb
Riding the Bench

Post by A-Bomb »

yea well west hasnt played anybody this year....thats why their still 7th in the region being undefeated....what will west do when they get down a score? how will they face adversity?because that would be the first time all season.....i just dont see them beating the falcons on their home field....minfords offense will not turn the ball over like they did last week and will win 28-14

MuletownManiac
JV Team

Post by MuletownManiac »

Minford has given up less than a touchdown a game this year and I think that this will be the best matchup player for player that West has seen all year. Should be another dandy, I think the Falcons will be ready as, I have spoke to a few of them and they want to exact their revenge from giving the ball and the game away at the Burg, on the Siders. I think that Minford has played a similiar style team in CG and West has played a similar style team in South Point. I think Minford and West are better than both those teams, but the style of play is similar. I dont think either team will score over 28, and I think that the special teams will be huge in this game. JMO

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:
NewEra wrote:MadDog.. get a grip son. Take away 3 turnovers and minfords wins this game going away. Should have been 14-0 early. I look for a very angry minford ball club to come out early and often against west. I see Joel Williams having a big game on the ground.

Yea, take away the two penalties when Burg was driving it down the field and Burg has two more scores on the board. After the penalties, as well as moving them back, it took some of the momentum out of them.

IMO, this is a must win for either, probably more so for West then Minford as they are setting at 7th in the computer poll. A loss will more than likely take them out of the top 8 and put them in a position to have to win the last two weeks.

Not so fast. The facemask penalty was rightously called, and Burg ended up with a "First and 12" after the penalty. PLEASE explain that one.

It should have been 1st and 25, or 3rd and 16, depending on whether the Burg runner got the first down before the penalty (and it was close to the first down marker). Not 1st and 12. Those jokers are the same refs that Minford had at Wellston when they tried to move the ball back 8 yards on a personal foul.

Minford knows why they lost the game, Burg really dodged a bullet. But you can also say that Minford should have scored 3 TD's from the turnovers they had inside the 20, including the missed receiver in the end zone that ended up being a blocked field goal attempt. I would have really like to see #15 touching the ball more in the first half against Burg, cause he ran all over Waverly. I would have also like to see #2 get more long balls thrown to him downfield to have kept Burg's D from crowding the line of scrimmage and open up more of the running game.

I think that Minford tackles much better this week. This game can go either way, but one thing is for sure, Minford's DE, DL and LB's better come to play against the Siders cause they can run the ball with authority.

The same can be said about the Siders too.

No score predicted, but it is within a 10 point spread at the end of play.
Last edited by Bleeding Red on Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

MuletownManiac
JV Team

Post by MuletownManiac »

I ve got a picture of the facemask if anyone would like to put it to rest, clearly a facemask foul on Shank.

falcon_2010
Waterboy

Post by falcon_2010 »

this is gonna be a close game
the falcons had a disappointing loss friday against the pirates but both teams played strong and at the end the falcons acted like they let up and let burg finish off with the win.
falcons 14-7 with the win :-D

Dudley87
Waterboy

Post by Dudley87 »

MuletownManiac wrote:I ve got a picture of the facemask if anyone would like to put it to rest, clearly a facemask foul on Shank.

Speaking of facemasking, Minford coaches should get in the ear of the oficials early. West prevented two kick return touchdowns by Malone from Waverly by reaching out and blatantly grabbing the facemask. How the kid was not ejected after the second one is beyond me.

I will say this though... That is part of West's swagger...They are mean. I don't think Minford will be able to play with West's intensity through 4 quarters.

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

west 28-minford 7 and neither team has played a strong schedule but if you can get into the playoffs without it thats the way to go, not beat up big advantage for your team. good luck to both teams and hope for injury free game.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

crazymidgets wrote:west 28-minford 7 and neither team has played a strong schedule but if you can get into the playoffs without it thats the way to go, not beat up big advantage for your team. good luck to both teams and hope for injury free game.

You can judge schedules all you wish, but Minford has a ton of second level points, so the computer states the facts and you can state your opinions.

South Point will win out in the rest of their OVC games, so West's second level points are going to increase.

Cant really knock either teams scheduling if you ask me.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

west is the real deal this year, look for them to be undeafeated going into the Burg game.

Return to “Football”