Week 10: Nelsonville-York (9-0) at Athens (9-0)

Simple poll: Who wins the game?

Total votes: 0

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: Week 10: Nelsonville-York (9-0) at Athens (9-0)

Post by 93Bulldog »

buckfan84 ... I did make that analogy with the preview on trivalleyconference.com - but there is a difference between wins/lossses or point spreads and just flat out statistics ... I was trying to make a point that comparing seasonal stats with two teams that have completely different non-league schedules is way to difficult and not very telling. Using Warren and QB Leffingwell was just an example as to how one team, that has a really good offense, can throw off its opponents defensive stats for the season.

And then their are tons of other factors that come into play ... (i.e.) When Athens played Coal Grove in week 2, the Bulldogs were playing their first game in the new stadium, it was hall-of-fame-night and their was a ton of excitement in the air - you could just tell ... Coal Grove had to make the long trip up to Athens and looked to be not on the same level as Athens in terms of intensity and emotion ... Stats can't measure such a thing. I was at the Logan @ Nelsonville-York game and it looked to be a similar situation ... Logan played the first half without their starting QB, they were 0-4 at the time and you could tell Coach Boston had the Buckeyes fired up to beat a team, which the Buckeyes havn't beaten a lot over the years.

Stats can't measure things like that - and stats are very misleading when you have 2nd and 3rd strings playing a lot like they did for NY and Athens.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Hey, 93bulldog. Do me a favor and get this game moved to Saturday night! ;-)

Would love to watch this one.

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

I guess we agree then it just seemed that you were kinda saying NY's stats weren't as impressive since they came against Trimble ,which isn't gallia ,but perhaps I read too much into it.

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

A Saturday game would be great but it's also OU Haloween weekend.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

ironman02 wrote:Hey, 93bulldog. Do me a favor and get this game moved to Saturday night! ;-)

Would love to watch this one.
Just skip the Jackson/Gallia game I92 ... lol ... Problem solved.

Buckfan ... Its kind of hard trying to prove points without someone thinking your 'dissing' their team ... I try my best to be unbias - but sometimes things come out that don't appear that way.

NYFan54
Varsity

Post by NYFan54 »

Season stats don't matter, common opponents don't matter, nothing like that matters. The only thing that matters is two very talented, successful, undefeated teams will be squaring off this Friday night in front of thousands of people. Good luck and good health to both teams.

FYI, Power 105 will be doing their "game of the week" broadcast over the radio, and Gridion Glory will be doing their show live from The Plains. Go Bucks!!!!!!

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

I didn't think you were "dissing" NY. You've had the utmost respect for NY but the NY/Logan Warren/Logan game is very similar in that Logan's starting qb didn't start in that game either. I'm not a believer of comparing common opponents it just appeared that that's what you were doing. It's a game where records can be tossed out the window.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

NYFan54 wrote:Season stats don't matter, common opponents don't matter, nothing like that matters. The only thing that matters is two very talented, successful, undefeated teams will be squaring off this Friday night in front of thousands of people. Good luck and good health to both teams.

FYI, Power 105 will be doing their "game of the week" broadcast over the radio, and Gridion Glory will be doing their show live from The Plains. Go Bucks!!!!!!
I think this just about covers it. :-D While it's fun to look at and speculate about, none of it will matter one bit come Friday night.

81dendmhs74
JV Team

Post by 81dendmhs74 »

FANOSPORTS wrote:This game won't even be close. As I've said for the last 3 weeks, mark my word: N-Y will win by 3 td's
When did you buy a home in Athens Co. ?????????

ButterFingers
Riding the Bench

Post by ButterFingers »

TVC CHAMPIONSHIP http://is.gd/MqZG9S #countdown

CavsFan08
JV Team

Post by CavsFan08 »

I think I speak for many when I ask is it possible for both teams to lose this game? Just kidding people!

Those of you who know the TVC better than I do, is this the biggest TVC game of all time? Can anyone think of a bigger game in the history of the league?

ButterFingers
Riding the Bench

Post by ButterFingers »

I'm not extremely old, but think about the odds. When does this area see two great teams, that play each other week 10, that are both 9-0...I mean not very likely. Should be a great environment, and something these kids and coaches will remember and talk about for the rest of their life. It's a shame that someone has to lose. Regardless both will be playing week 11 and I am sure that the loser and winner of this game will be cheering the other on the following week.

That being said, the Buckeys will roll.

Amarranavajas
Freshman Team

Post by Amarranavajas »

ButterFingers wrote:I'm not extremely old, but think about the odds. When does this area see two great teams, that play each other week 10, that are both 9-0...I mean not very likely. Should be a great environment, and something these kids and coaches will remember and talk about for the rest of their life. It's a shame that someone has to lose. Regardless both will be playing week 11 and I am sure that the loser and winner of this game will be cheering the other on the following week.

That being said, the Buckeys will roll.
Yes this is just the 10th game of a 15 game schedule. Bucks win this one in decisive fashion, then move on to game 11. And for those who doubted, I told you 10-0 would be the easy part of this season. The last 5 will be the ones that count.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

CavsFan08 wrote:I think I speak for many when I ask is it possible for both teams to lose this game? Just kidding people!

Those of you who know the TVC better than I do, is this the biggest TVC game of all time? Can anyone think of a bigger game in the history of the league?
I can't say how they could both lose - that's impossible ... But I can tell you the best case scenerio if one teams wins (in terms of the playoffs.) ... If your just a fan of southeastern Ohio football, you probably want Athens to somehow squeak out a win. With Jonathan Alder and Kettering Alter moving up into Division 3, Region 12 this year - it makes that region extremly 'top-heavy'. Our region is so brutal, Jackson (9-0) - which is arguably the best team in our area - is clear down in the 7th spot right now ... No way does Athens want to lose and drop down into a situation where they have to travel all the way to Dayton or Springfield to play Thurgood marshall, Springfield Shawnee or Kettering Alter (and definitly don't want to play Jonathan Alder) ... I met a guy from Springfield when I was out of town for the 1st three weeks of the season and told him how excited I was to get back to Athens to watch some games: His reply "Why, football season doesn't start until after holloween?" Those teams up north are on a completely different level - they think regional championship first, get to Canton, and if we win a league title so be it.

Now with Nelsonville-York: Give me a bus, put the Buckeyes on it and I'll go take on any team in Division V, region 19 and think I have a great chance of winning the game ... 8-seed, 4-seed, 1-seed - it doesn't matter ... I think the 'Bucks have a great chance of coming out of that region and their going to have to beat the best anyhow ... What's the difference in doing week 11 or week12?

Amarranavajas
Freshman Team

Post by Amarranavajas »

93Bulldog wrote:
CavsFan08 wrote:I think I speak for many when I ask is it possible for both teams to lose this game? Just kidding people!

I can't say how they could both lose - that's impossible ... But I can tell you the best case scenerio if one teams wins (in terms of the playoffs.) ... If your just a fan of southeastern Ohio football, you probably want Athens to somehow squeak out a win. With Jonathan Alder and Kettering Alter moving up into Division 3, Region 12 this year - it makes that region extremly 'top-heavy'. Our region is so brutal, Jackson (9-0) - which is arguably the best team in our area - is clear down in the 7th spot right now ... No way does Athens want to lose and drop down into a situation where they have to travel all the way to Dayton or Springfield to play Thurgood marshall, Springfield Shawnee or Kettering Alter (and definitly don't want to play Jonathan Alder) ... I met a guy from Springfield when I was out of town for the 1st three weeks of the season and told him how excited I was to get back to Athens to watch some games: His reply "Why, football season doesn't start until after holloween?" Those teams up north are on a completely different level - they think regional championship first, get to Canton, and if we win a league title so be it.

Now with Nelsonville-York: Give me a bus, put the Buckeyes on it and I'll go take on any team in Division V, region 19 and think I have a great chance of winning the game ... 8-seed, 4-seed, 1-seed - it doesn't matter ... I think the 'Bucks have a great chance of coming out of that region and their going to have to beat the best anyhow ... What's the difference in doing week 11 or week12?
Really doesn't matter what seed Athens goes in at or NY. NY will win the region, Athens out in round 1 IMO.

CavsFan08
JV Team

Post by CavsFan08 »

Amarranavajas wrote:
93Bulldog wrote:

Really doesn't matter what seed Athens goes in at or NY. NY will win the region, Athens out in round 1 IMO.

That is a pretty bold statement about NY winning the region. I am guessing you have seen other teams from the region play and in your expert analysis you have determined that you think NY is the best team. You obviously do not possess any bias in your prediction. I would venture to say that you cannot name a person from 5 other teams in the region without looking up the rosters.

Mighty Mighty Devils
All Conference

Post by Mighty Mighty Devils »

after watching athen's play if you contain Sharp they can be beat. I am sure that the NY coaches have a player or players assigned to do just that .I have to go with NY on this one by 2 scores NY has'nt been challenged all year this friday won't be any different
NY-28
Athens-10

blubomber89
Riding the Bench

Post by blubomber89 »

Obviously a lot of people haven't watched the games that have been played Athens has more than just Sharp, although having him isn't bad either way. Just wish people who post on here and make comments would be sure that they have watched more than one or two games of Athens.

NYBUX
Varsity

Post by NYBUX »

Mighty Mighty Devils wrote:after watching athen's play if you contain Sharp they can be beat. I am sure that the NY coaches have a player or players assigned to do just that .I have to go with NY on this one by 2 scores NY has'nt been challenged all year this friday won't be any different
NY-28
Athens-10

The coaches have 11 players assigned to the containment of sharp & company. The buckeyes will be fine. All they have to do is continue to play ball, limit mistakes, and penalties.
I hope Mr. Sharp limits his leaping over would be tacklers, as the O.C.D. will hand him his arse if he doesn't.

90buckeye
Varsity

Post by 90buckeye »

Nelsonville-York has 1,000 tickets to sell for Friday night's game. They will be on sale tonight at the home JV game with Alexander and other hours will be announced either later this evening or tomorrow. Tickets are $5.00 each.

Return to “Football”